Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread

They will if they leave them open. These are division 1 players. They really don't miss open 3's anymore, either.

I swear people say Calipari is a roll the ball out coach. I think we spend all practice time on defense and just roll the ball out on offense.

WE MAKE NO ADJUSTMENTS ON OFFENSE. It's the same crap each possession. Miami gives effort that forces us to take tough jump shots one on one. Only Battle has a plan to drive and pass and get contact.

miami wont shoot 55% from 3 the 2nd half and thats the only difference in this game.

hate to break this to you, but have you looked at OUR shooting percentages ?

Any other year, they are an NIT team. College basketball is that bad this year to where they and teams with similar records but worse resumes still have a chance.

I'm not sure we are getting in if we lose.

miami wont shoot 55% from 3 the 2nd half and thats the only difference in this game.
With the way we defend the 3, why would they cool off? They have 2 good shooters and we let them spot up for clean looks.

If they keep getting wide open shots, they certainly could.

Loss is on Gillon. It's over. Everyone else playing well, but like JB says we roll as JG rolls. He's rattled, and playing awful. We had to keep it under 5 at half. This is gonna balloon up to 15, and we can sweat on Sunday. Not that it matters besides saying we made the Tourney.

Defend the three like your season depends on...because it might and maybe, just maybe, Gillon and Lydon will actually play some basketball. Every game with these two.. Get it together.

Gillon is too busy favoriting tweets that criticize his game.

Pack in the zone. Miami hasn/t made 3s all year - dare them to do it - if they do so be it. But all extending the zone will do is give Newton and Brown space to drive.

I think we comeback in the 2nd half.

Just can't play Robey anymore. Doing nothing and totally gets TT out of rhythm
Agreed. Was hoping he'd turn it on in the post season but he's literally a one man wrecking crew for the opposing team.

Pack in the zone. Miami hasn/t made 3s all year - dare them to do it - if they do so be it. But all extending the zone will do is give Newton and Brown space to drive.

I think we comeback in the 2nd half.
Yea... NO, please don't do that.

Just can't play Robey anymore. Doing nothing and totally gets TT out of rhythm

I hate that Boehiem put Robey in for TT. Lydon should have been the first one out. Thompson was 3 for 3 while Lydon traveled and pumped faked every touch

i just dont understand why they are so bad away from the dome. ive never seen anything like this. this is a neutral court in nyc and they look like theyve never played together before. which is how theyve looked for just about every road game.

We are a 2nd team. It is all good.

They shouldn't have to be a second half team. Just come out ready to play ball. Is that hard to ask? Gillon's erratic play and Lydon being allergic to shoot is mind boggling. For all the NBA talk, he can't do that at the next level when he has open opportunities; the players close out much quicker. He's a headcase.

Lydon's running like he has a birthday cake in his stomach. No agility on offense and killing us by not closing out on defense.
This game is a perfect example of Lydon's deficiencies on offense. Several times he was wide open but because he takes so long to release the ball he held it. No mid-range game.

Boeheim will make adjustments at halftime...since he doesn't seem to do that during the game.
Hope he's asked to explain the plan for the last play of the half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom