Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread

Clemson is 1 out of 8 against ranked teams and they are one of the last 4 out?

Makes no sense! Their resume is terrible.

I mean Newton shot like 26% from 3 this year. If he's making them we are in trouble.

They shouldn't have to be a second half team. Just come out ready to play ball. Is that hard to ask? Gillon's erratic play and Lydon being allergic to shoot is mind boggling. For all the NBA talk, he can't do that at the next level when he has open opportunities; the players close out much quicker. He's a headcase.
I am right there with you on Lydon but what can you do.

Have to at least be within 5 by the 10 minute mark. Then maybe they will wake up. Embarrassing performance. Miami has no shooters, and doesn't pass the ball well. Well, doing both pretty damn well against us. Let Battle take over. Gillon gave up so many points.

just gotta hope miami's 3 pt % evens out to their season average, if they shoot 6-11 again we're toast.

Miami is really patient on offense. Gotta finish the possessions on D. Too much bail out in the last 10 seconds.

The tempo of this game makes this 8 point deficit like 15.
We will wait to press and as soon as we get the lead close we will take the press off.

I am so frustrated with how rinse repeat and wash this program has gotten.
The bleeping zone can be tweaked but we won't.

This game is a perfect example of Lydon's deficiencies on offense. Several times he was wide open but because he takes so long to release the ball he held it. No mid-range game.
It has nothing to do with his release. It's that he doesn't want to shoot it, for some reason.

I'll never write this team off, but it would be helpful if the first half could be 18 minutes, and the second half 22. Can we get a waiver?

Have to at least be within 5 by the 10 minute mark. Then maybe they will wake up. Embarrassing performance. Miami has no shooters, and doesn't pass the ball well. Well, doing both pretty damn well against us. Let Battle take over. Gillon gave up so many points.

I am really getting tired of it taking 30 minutes for this team to wake up, can they actually show up at the start of a game, that would be nice, play with some damn pride.

At work and not watching. Just checked the score. Doesn't look to good. Hope we make a run in the second half.

i just dont understand why they are so bad away from the dome. ive never seen anything like this. this is a neutral court in nyc and they look like theyve never played together before. which is how theyve looked for just about every road game.

yep, which will likely cost us a berth if we don't pull this out. You need to show you can win away from your home court and beat good teams. We have one of those covered.

Loss is on Gillon. It's over. Everyone else playing well, but like JB says we roll as JG rolls. He's rattled, and playing awful. We had to keep it under 5 at half. This is gonna balloon up to 15, and we can sweat on Sunday. Not that it matters besides saying we made the Tourney.

You only watch the 1st half of games thank god!

Clemson is 1 out of 8 against ranked teams and they are one of the last 4 out?

Makes no sense! Their resume is terrible.
And they've lost at home to some teams that are questionable for the tournament.

Uhhh... I mean some teams that need a much better second half to make the tournament.

we'll fall behind by double digits, boeheim will slap the press on, we'll get a couple turnovers, get a couple 3's and dunks in transition, make it a close game and lose by 3.

yep, which will likely cost us a berth if we don't pull this out. You need to show you can win away from your home court and beat good teams. We have one of those covered.

They don't deserve a bid if they don't win this. Golden opportunity for them. Road record and OOC is too damaging, IMO.

It has nothing to do with his release. It's that he doesn't want to shoot it, for some reason.
I disagree. Lydon's shots start from the chest so it takes a loooong time to get the ball to shooting position. Compare his release to that of White. Gillon is same as Lydon. They don't shoot jump shots. They shoot set shots.

Can we get Lydon some shots? If he shoots less than 7-10 times this half we're going to lose. Can't rely on White to hit contested jumpers to win this one.
Six pump fakes and absolutely no urgency or heart from our sophomore first-round NBA Draft pick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom