Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread

We should have won at the line, I agree! It should have been the second half game plan but Miami is better than average on D so who knows that it wasn't the plan.

Our offensive movement was terrible and our screens are lazy and nonchalant.

We have too many auditioning for the NBA. Gillon seemingly the most, for some reason. Lydon, White, and Battle do their job. Gillon has Napoleon complex.

Oh good grief. Have you been watching Glengarry Glenross again? There are no magic words to turn lead into gold no matter what you want to believe. Look, if I don't want to buy the damn car/house/driver, it doesn't matter what "closing technique" the sales type uses. If I don't want it, I won't freaking buy it. It's a buyer's market. There isn't a great store of blue chip players across the country who all desperately want to come to SU for basketball. And it's been like that for a long time.

conference titles are for closers...

That's just silly. I doubt we are top 5 in our own league.

We won the league our first year in and we have been on one hell of a run, while also dealing with bad injuries, a decade long NCAA investigation and subsequent scholarship restrictions.

Spoiled brats cannot remember the realities of recruiting. We have had phenomenal recruits, not too long ago we were recruiting the cat rescuer.

We won the league our first year in and we have been on one hell of a run, while also dealing with bad injuries, a decade long NCAA investigation and subsequent scholarship restrictions.

Spoiled brats cannot remember the realities of recruiting. We have had phenomenal recruits, not too long ago we were recruiting the cat rescuer.

The one we took from Providence who's on the team right now?

Or the one in the class with Jonny Flynn, Donte Greene, Rick Jackson, and Scoop?

The one we took from Providence who's on the team right now?

Or the one in the class with Jonny Flynn, Donte Greene, Rick Jackson, and Scoop?

The original one... all others are imitations! I thought I was hearing good things about the providence guy?

Look back to last year. You won't believe the garbage people posted, including myself. No way we're in yap yap, yet there we stood and kicked toosh!

We seemed to be in worse shape last year, at this point in time. Yet still, final four.

I think we're in, but not even close as good as last year.

The original one... all others are imitations! I thought I was hearing good things about the providence guy?

We were...then he took the court and looked just as confused as the Cat Rescuer 1.0 and Boeheim said he might not get better in his lifetime.

Then he got hurt and Boeheim said it's too bad he's hurt, he'd have helped us.

Last year we had a handful of top 50 wins and 3 top 30 wins away from the Dome.

I don't think we're done - but I think we're on super fragile ground and we dont' deserve to be in.

I think we're in, but not even close as good as last year.

Hey, look at the bright side, at least all the players on this year's team knew what the score was at the end of the ACC game and didn't take a panicked heave at the basket with time remaining.

Oh good grief. Have you been watching Glengarry Glenross again? There are no magic words to turn lead into gold no matter what you want to believe. Look, if I don't want to buy the damn car/house/driver, it doesn't matter what "closing technique" the sales type uses. If I don't want it, I won't freaking buy it. It's a buyer's market. There isn't a great store of blue chip players across the country who all desperately want to come to SU for basketball. And it's been like that for a long time.

Then the handlers of this board arent doing a good job marketing it to the recruits, because there are clearly pages and pages of posts explaining why this is such a good school for so many different players to come to! ;)

We have too many auditioning for the NBA. Gillon seemingly the most, for some reason. Lydon, White, and Battle do their job. Gillon has Napoleon complex.

Having a couple 5th year players who have NBA potential is better than not having them. We had some early exits, scholarships taken and terrible press for a few years... then we went to the final four last year.

Considering the hatchet job on Fine and the NCAA takedown, we have fared quite well IMO.

How about you search my log-in and the term "recruiting" and find out for yourself? :p :)

Edit: my point is that I don't consider the number of players in the NBA the metric by which I consider recruiting successful. I much prefer players like Warrick, McNamara, Jackson, Christmas, Fair who stay for 4 years and make me proud to be an Orange fan. But that's just me.

You are right we should only recruit guys outside the top 100 just to be safe!

Your point is that kids today enter the league before their ready and you are looking for a scapegoat.

guessing i'm a ...

hangman6.gif

S P . . L . D B R . T

Had to?

Absolutely. TT is a huge defensive liability and mediocre rebounder. If the other guys were better in those two departments then maybe you could hide him on D but that's not the case.

Gillon cost us the game today? LOL One, we have two wins on the road. And no team that we are on the bubble win would have much more if at all with the teams we played on the road. No one on the bubble was going to win at Wisky, UNC or N.D.. No one.

That's probably true. The question is whether they would have lost to SJU and G'town at home and UConn on a neutral court.

Absolutely. TT is a huge defensive liability and mediocre rebounder. If the other guys were better in those two departments then maybe you could hide him on D but that's not the case.
I disagree. Robey didn't take away much and is a complete negative on offense

While that may be true, it's not in the least bit related to your assertion we have more NBA players than most.

You are right we should only recruit guys outside the top 100 just to be safe!

Your point is that kids today enter the league before their ready and you are looking for a scapegoat.

Okay, when I need to know what I think, I'll PM you. :rolleyes:

You were, like any other player who signs with Syracuse. ;)

I forgot he was supposed to play this year. Was thinking he was still sitting out. I guess he is!

:vomit:

Between him, Robey and Coleman wow!

Having a couple 5th year players who have NBA potential is better than not having them. We had some early exits, scholarships taken and terrible press for a few years... then we went to the final four last year.

Considering the hatchet job on Fine and the NCAA takedown, we have fared quite well IMO.
Are you people actually talking about Gillon and the NBA seriously?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom