Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-Miami Game Thread

You close them. If you can't close in a man's game then hit the bricks because you're going out. You cant convince me every recruit out there had their minds made up to go elsewhere in high school without the ability to have their mind changed(and coincidentally none of them had their minds made up to go to Syracuse), can you?

If you're talking specific recruits, then the coaches need to to a better job at selecting those recruits. Either way, something needs to be improved or the Cuse "standard of excellence" is going to drop to places that would make this look like a good season.

Oh good grief. Have you been watching Glengarry Glenross again? There are no magic words to turn lead into gold no matter what you want to believe. Look, if I don't want to buy the damn car/house/driver, it doesn't matter what "closing technique" the sales type uses. If I don't want it, I won't freaking buy it. It's a buyer's market. There isn't a great store of blue chip players across the country who all desperately want to come to SU for basketball. And it's been like that for a long time.

miami was double bonus with over 5 minutes left in the game. we had to intentionally grab in the final minute to get miami to the line.
That's normally a good thing.

dasher is ok bashing certain players. very touchy when you critique his pets.

you can clam about a lot of things today but the officiating ? really? they alone kept us in the second half.
Yea I can. I wouldn't put the lose on it but There was a stretch of game that was terrible. The white foul on rebound where nobody was around him...they get another shot and score. A couple others where it was tough to take.

miami was double bonus with over 5 minutes left in the game. we had to intentionally grab in the final minute to get miami to the line.

the game essentially ended with us having two 1 and 1's in our pocket. You cannot really count the foul with 0.4 seconds left as missing even the front end would not have mattered. we should have mugged newton on that layup where he waltzed in unabated

Last year might have been JB's best job and this year might have been his worst. Either way we should get in.

But the end of this game was terrible, we should have fouled all 94 feet.
Last year became a great coaching job after the tournament. Not before it. The season may or may not be over. If we make a run in the NCAA, people next year will talk about how Jb brought us back from the dead.

the game essentially ended with us having two 1 and 1's in our pocket. You cannot really count the foul with 0.4 seconds left as missing even the front end would not have mattered. we should have mugged newton on that layup where he waltzed in unabated
Yes. he has to be looking for his teeth after that rather than running down court after a made lay up.

lydon ain't helping out his own case at all. if you asked a neutral party to pick out the NBA draft pick on the floor today... lydon ain't getting many votes. big time players show up in big times. he didn't.

He played well outside the scoring column but you need to score to win. The coaching job was bad, the game management was bad and the finish was terrible.

Lack of aggression on D kills us, we need turnovers and tempo to beat anyone this year. Should have pressed more or trapped the half court more.

Both Lydon's lack of aggression and Roberson's embarrassing year has done us in.

and my sole point being we were not screwed today by the officials.

That is this board in a nutshell. A very good player who bleeds Orange.

Spoiled brats who have no clue about the realities of NCAA basketball. We have put more guys in the league in the last 10 years than almost every other D1 team.

This isn't last year. We should have won at the line. Double bonus with all that time. We aren't good. Sorry guys.

I can't believe the Gillon bashing. Kid has won us like 5 games on his own this year. He is the only one who shows up in the clutch (except Tyus vs Clemson).

Thank you. Yeah, he is wildly inconsistent. But it says a lot about the rest of the team when we basically live and die by how he plays. And Gillon is really the reason we even have a chance to get in on selection Sunday. News flash: this team is not that great, it would be worse without him.

Spoiled brats who have no clue about the realities of NCAA basketball. We have put more guys in the league in the last 10 years than almost every other D1 team.
That's just silly. I doubt we are top 5 in our own league.

hey i'm a banger. if you grab 12 boards in any game you've done yeoman's work. i just feel if you're an NBA draft pick you need to bring more and carry a bigger burden. he didn't wow anybody today or this season.

I don't care a flying frog for the NBA. I cheer for SU to win games. Sure, I hope their players prosper afterwards, whether it's in the NBA or any other career, no more or less.

I'd love to stay and argue some more, but now I have to go outside and shovel snow. :)

This isn't last year. We should have won at the line. Double bonus with all that time. We aren't good. Sorry guys.

We should have won at the line, I agree! It should have been the second half game plan but Miami is better than average on D so who knows that it wasn't the plan.

Our offensive movement was terrible and our screens are lazy and nonchalant.

I don't care a flying frog for the NBA. I cheer for SU to win games. Sure, I hope their players prosper afterwards, whether it's in the NBA or any other career, no more or less.

What's your point? Are you one of the idiots who are complaining about our "terrible" recruiting?

The people who say this are likely 20 year old idiots.

What's your point? Are you one of the idiots who are complaining about our "terrible" recruiting?

How about you search my log-in and the term "recruiting" and find out for yourself? :p :)

Edit: my point is that I don't consider the number of players in the NBA the metric by which I consider recruiting successful. I much prefer players like Warrick, McNamara, Jackson, Christmas, Fair who stay for 4 years and make me proud to be an Orange fan. But that's just me.

That's hysterical on so many levels.

We should have won at the line, I agree! It should have been the second half game plan but Miami is better than average on D so who knows that it wasn't the plan.

Our offensive movement was terrible and our screens are lazy and nonchalant.

Big part of the problems against decent to better defensive teams. Movement and screening becomes really poor. Not enough counter-punches built into the offense, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom