Your Official SU-UVA Game Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-UVA Game Thread

Looking good guys, settling down. Stay with Virginia to finish this half.

Is it just me or is UVA a low key, sneaky chippy defensive team?

I'm losing confidence in forcing Lydon looks at the expense of White and Battle touching the ball.
We havent' really forced anything to Lydon - he kinda forced that post up hook shot but he makes that sometimes. We need to free him up a bit more. AW3 and Battle can create their own looks but Lydon can't. And this isn't a game we can count on Gillon going off scoring-wise.

UVAs gameplan against the zone stinks, IMO. We can win this if White continues to be his normal self. Tyus looks very confident also.

We're playing pretty well, but I don't think UVA's missing around the basket is a sustainable defense for us. We're going to have to pick it up on the defensive end to pull this out.

Robey returns the favor with the assist to Lydon!

The 2 3's Hall have hit were from the exact same spot he missed it on the game tying 3 last year int he elite 8 lol

lol...how many elbows could that dude throw to clear out on one possession? And he gets a 3 second violation???

UVA games are always painful but I think our D is playing fairly well

Beautiful pass from Robey over the top to Lydon; with how aggressive UVA is doubling the ball on the screens, we need to be looking for that a lot more.

Well, they are making everything they throw up and we are down 4. Have to think they start missing those eventually.

Throwing a pass to a cutting Roberson heading into two defenders he's going to make contact with at the moment of the catch......not a good idea.

Gillon should have let that go. May have been off UVA.

I don't know what's going on with Roberson's hands. He literally can't catch the ball. He makes Baye Keita look like Jerry Rice lately.

I don't know what's going on with Roberson's hands. He literally can't catch the ball. He makes Baye Keita look like Jerry Rice lately.
That's where Lydon has to be smarter though. Just shoot the jumper and let Roberson do what he's going to the rim to do, which is rebound. Who on earth thinks Roberson is going to catch a pass running to the basket, flanked by two defenders?

UVAs gameplan against the zone stinks, IMO. We can win this if White continues to be his normal self. Tyus looks very confident also.
They miss Brogdon and Gill big time. But they still have shooters everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom