Your Official SU-UVA Game Thread | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Your Official SU-UVA Game Thread

Their defense is really good.
Yes, their defense is fantastic. Unlike our defense. As the announcer said, Diakite hadn't scored in 3 or 4 games and he's 4-4 today. Virginis is NOT a great offensive team and they are shooting 52% and 63.6% from 3.

Someone needs to fire up the Tyler s they look asleep at the wheel. Other then the high low dunk has either one done anything.

Theie defence is forcing us to take bad shots.. Our 3 point % is not that hard to fathom since many of them are forced or under some pressure.

Crowd needs to get our team up.

Our offense has to beat their good defense. It's going to be tough.

Agreed - but we have a few good looks from 3 that we've missed.

That being said, coming back from 12 down vs. this team will be tough - but we did in March and Nova did it last week so it's possible. If we cut down the 2nd chance points and get Lydon more involved we'll stay in it.
"Get" Lydon more involved? Maybe I'm just bitter because he's not that good and I've come to terms that he's gone after this year, but he can't create for himself so, no, Lydon needs to figure it out. We don't need to force feed a dude who can't do anything with it. If Lydon wants to come alive, it needs to be Lydon himself who decides that.

Theie defence is forcing us to take bad shots.. Our 3 point % is not that hard to fathom since many of them are forced or under some pressure.

They are really good at 2 players coming out on a player after he receives the ball.

Crowd needs to get our team up.

Our offense has to beat their good defense. It's going to be tough.
The crowd looks and sounds great on tv. The team looks flat and plays dumb.

"Get" Lydon more involved? Maybe I'm just bitter because he's not that good and I've come to terms that he's gone after this year, but he can't create for himself so, no, Lydon needs to figure it out. We don't need to force feed a dude who can't do anything with it.

Well he's the fourth best player in the ACC according to win shares. He's not a go to scorer. He's more an all around player. This is just stupid. Some of you consistently are ready to dive off a bridge every game thread.

Andrew White is awesome. Forced to take a ton of tough shots and still makes a solid amount. Best shooter on the hill in a while.

We can only hope UVA's shooting gets cold in the second half. Or we lure into a trance and beat them again with a miracle 8 minute run.

Boeheim needs to make adjustments. We shouldn't be setting screens for Gillon. They double him every time and he can't see around them/he can't get his shot off because they're pressuring him so much.

White probably isn't a good enough ball-handler to work off the on-ball screens against UVA either, but he at least has a chance of seeing the open screener after they slip it.

If we want Gillon to do anything today, you have to just give him space and hope he can take his man to the basket and kick out/draw fouls.

Edit: I'd honestly be considering just going to Howard instead of Gillon. This is just an awful matchup for him.

Need a big half boys. Need some big treys and transition buckets. Need to win the first 5 minutes, opposite of what we did the last 5 of the first.

We've played UVA for 180 minutes (4.5 games) since joining the ACC. They have outplayed us for 172 of those minutes.

UVA fans have to want to shoot themselves that it was the worst possible 8 minutes that we could have outplayed them.
They got tight and Mali went off. UVA has always had tourney issues - once we hit a shot or 2 last year they totally folded. No way we make that comeback if that was a January game

Well he's the fourth best player in the ACC according to win shares. He's not a go to scorer. He's more an all around player. This is just stupid. Some of you consistently are ready to dive off a bridge every game thread.
I think we can still win if UVA cools off. Even if we lose, I think we can make the tourney. I'm not jumping off a ledge. I'm just getting sick of the Lydon hype when he's continually becoming the the 3rd best player for us in any given game.

Need a big half boys. Need some big treys and transition buckets. Need to win the first 5 minutes, opposite of what we did the last 5 of the first.

Lydon needs to wake up.

This is a bad match up for us, just like UNC is a bad match up. We are always weak on fundamentals like rebounding positioning, box outs, inbounding. And UVa is super strong on fundamentals. They are crushing us on the boards, as pretty much expected. We are having tremendous problems getting open shots against their D. Unless we get unconscious from long range it's going to get very ugly. Regroup after this game. We match up much better against remaining teams.

Boeheim needs to make adjustments. We shouldn't be setting screens for Gillon. They double him every time and he can't see around them/he can't get his shot off because they're pressuring him so much.

White probably isn't a good enough ball-handler to work off the on-ball screens against UVA either, but he at least has a chance of seeing the open screener after they slip it.

If we want Gillon to do anything today, you have to just give him space and hope he can take his man to the basket and kick out/draw fouls.

This is exactly what happened for most of the tournament game. They were forcing G really high up top on screens and we didn't get into the offense until late into the shot clock because the hedging was so insane on the screens. We need to look down low to Lydon a lot more and try to split these doubles.

Some people need to get a grip. Team is coming off a great comeback from Wednesday night and don't have 100% legs today. Quick turnaround is favoring UVA today as they had a blow out game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom