You're the AD, and Boeheim walks into your office... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

You're the AD, and Boeheim walks into your office...

This is like the scenario where Gail Gadot walks up to me and says hey I know you're married but what's say you and me hit the hay.

JB isn't walking into Wildhack's office. He's just going to go about his business of coaching, until either he decides not to (most likely) or someone tells him he doesn't work here anymore (least likely).

(I'm taking Wonder Woman up on the offer by the way. I've already cleared it with the boss just in case. Have to be prepared).

This is like the scenario where Gail Gadot walks up to me and says hey I know you're married but what's say you and me hit the hay.

JB isn't walking into Wildhack's office. He's just going to go about his business of coaching, until either he decides not to (most likely) or someone tells him he doesn't work here anymore (least likely).

(I'm taking Wonder Woman up on the offer by the way. I've already cleared it with the boss just in case. Have to be prepared).

Get in line. There has been a wait list for a while...

The hay is never in the barn.

Please. Someone who's never gotten an offer to be a head coach at the collegiate level is not the man to turn the titanic around. Particularly not when he is going to have his old bosses shadow hanging over him.

He's under qualified, and the available candidate pool will blow him away when the time comes.

We need a proven coach with fresh energy and new ideas, not a destitute man's version of the existing head coach who's running the program into the ground.
As long as JB stays in the area, no good coach is going to come here.

If he’s hellbent on returning, can you coax the competitor in him to agree to a “ok, either we accomplish this, this, and this next year, and if we don’t then you step down”?

The standards being something like 20+ wins, above .500 in the ACC, and in the NCAA tournament?

This situation absolutely sucks. You can’t fire the guy unless he does something insane or illegal. We all hate seeing him go out like this. But I have no real idea on how you get rid of him, beyond something like the above?

If he’s hellbent on returning, can you coax the competitor in him to agree to a “ok, either we accomplish this, this, and this next year, and if we don’t then you step down”?

The standards being something like 20+ wins, above .500 in the ACC, and in the NCAA tournament?

This situation absolutely sucks. You can’t fire the guy unless he does something insane or illegal. We all hate seeing him go out like this. But I have no real idea on how you get rid of him, beyond something like the above?

There's only one way. You can't make him stepping down conditional. It has to be time-based, and the athletic director needs to hold to that timeline.

Then, there's no amount of consternation, nostalgia, some miraculous postseason performance, etc the changes the plan.

That's the only way it will work, because there's no way JB is going quietly into the night.

1643335163257.gif

and asks you for a chance (3-5 years) to build this back up and then off to retirement he goes.

Do you give it to him?

Fire his ass on the spot. No no… wait. Make him work in the cafeteria! Yeah. No, put him in snow removal! What do you all think? Too good for him?

I remind him of the conversation we had already, when i told him he will need to craft his retirement press release so that it's ready by the last game of this season. I thank him, again, for everything he has done, and remind him that the court will still be in his name until the ink dries on the Weitsman deal, but if he wants to donate more than 3 million, we can name the practice facility addition the "Jim and Juli Boeheim Supplemental Strength and Conditioning Wing," but that since that's more than a mouthful, it will likely be referred to as the "JJBSSCW."

I then remind him that he needs to give me his watch and car brand choices so that the courtside retirement gift presentation ceremony will not be a disappointing experience.

This thread reminds me of those memes on Facebook that say something along the lines of “if your ex called and told you they were in jail and you could only respond in 4 words what would say?” And everyone tries to one up each other with the sassiest possible response.

This thread reminds me of those memes on Facebook that say something along the lines of “if your ex called and told you they were in jail and you could only respond in 4 words what would say?” And everyone tries to one up each other with the sassiest possible response.

Don't drop the soap.

Conjugal visits?

“That’s where you belong”

Whose bra is this?

A great season next year would get JB 2-3 more years. Another one like this and you have to move on.

I sure as hell don't want Pitino though.

A great season next year would get JB 2-3 more years. Another one like this and you have to move on.

I sure as hell don't want Pitino though.

Oh, but I do. Who else could take the heat of this job, to follow JB?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom