Youukk...BC is an Embarrassingly Bad! | Syracusefan.com

Youukk...BC is an Embarrassingly Bad!

Rough night for our ACC brethren in Boston.

Couldn't hurt recruiting.

Their slide is coming at a great time for us. If they can keep it going, along with UConn and Rutgers stuck in that monstrosity, Syracuse can take its rightful place in the northeast beside Penn State. Hopefully we'll end the year strong and carry that over into our last year in the Big East with BCS bid. Then we could have some real momentum in the ACC in 2013.

BC has better talent than we do, too. They outrecruit us every year. We have some work to do if we plan to win in the ACC.

BC has better talent than we do, too. They outrecruit us every year. We have some work to do if we plan to win in the ACC.

Exactly... Amazing they put the running qb in and it added a whole new dimension.

And I agree, bc would probably contend for a big east title

Exactly... Amazing they put the running qb in and it added a whole new dimension.

And I agree, bc would probably contend for a big east title

I don't think this particular BC team wouldn't compete, even in our crap league. They are young, and a bit lost right now. But assuming that young talent develops, they should be good again. Kevin Rogers medical issue didn't help. They need to stick with that younger QB as well. Rettig just hasn't been good at all in his nearly 2 years of starting.
Wonder if the loyal Coach Spaziani survives after this season. BC isn't a pay top dollar for a football coach type of school.

West Virginia outrecruits us every year too.

We can't win the Big East, we're not going to win the ACC early on. But being in the ACC will raise our level of play. Take the best players from SU, UConn, RU, put them on one team. They'd do pretty well. That's our future.

I don't think this particular BC team wouldn't compete, even in our crap league. They are young, and a bit lost right now. But assuming that young talent develops, they should be good again. Kevin Rogers medical issue didn't help. They need to stick with that younger QB as well. Rettig just hasn't been good at all in his nearly 2 years of starting.
Wonder if the loyal Coach Spaziani survives after this season. BC isn't a pay top dollar for a football coach type of school.

he's done, IMO... Who knows who they will hire?

BC's team is bad, the atmosphere at this game is 10x worse.

I thought ACC millions meant instant success?

They were bad last year too

As was pointed out above, they pushed us all over the field last year. They dominated us.

If they were "bad" last year, I'd hate to have to play them when they were good.

Hey, we're in the ACC too!

They were bad last year too

They were 7-6 with a win against Clemson. They were mediocre. This year's BC team would love to be as bad as they were last year.

BC's team is bad, the atmosphere at this game is 10x worse.

They had a good crowd for this game before it became a blowout. I thought the crowd was up for the game until it got out of hand. Not bad considering BC is having a bad year. BC pre-game (bars)/tailgating is pretty bad, about as bad I've seen. The only school I've been to with a worse atmosphere is Northwestern.

They had a good crowd for this game before it became a blowout. I thought the crowd was up for the game until it got out of hand. Not bad considering BC is having a bad year. BC pre-game (bars)/tailgating is pretty bad, about as bad I've seen. The only school I've been to with a worse atmosphere is Northwestern.

If you're talking about our game at NW, to be fair to them, their students weren't back for the summer due to their trimester. But that town sucks for anything fun. Wandered around for well over an hour trying to find a store to buy beer in the general vicinity of the stadium.

Yeah, is this a vision of us in the ACC? or will we fill our roster with southern speed and be able to compete with Florida State?

Actually Boston College has competed rather well until this year. But could it be that once the novelty of a new team being in the conference- a nhew option of east coast recruits- that the southern kids tend to stay at home and then you wind up in BC's situaiton this year?

We've always gotten 8-10 Florida guys on our roster and maybe 1 each from Virginia, the Carolinas and Georgia. I don't think the Florida contingent will grow but maybe the quality of recruits might be father up the rnakings. I'm hoping to get maybe half a dozen guys on the roster from Virginia, from the Carolinas and from Georgia: more Cameron Lynches, Shamarko Thomases, etc.

But maybe that's unrealistic.

BC has always been boom and bust. Boom being a relative term for them of course. I've followed them since I was a kid, and the cycles are always the same: not-quite-highs (Flutie era, Coughlin era, Opie era) and craters (end of Bicknell era, Hennig error, Spaz era).

I'm sure they'll be back to 8 non-signature wins and glorious trips to the Smurf Bowl soon enough.

Tailgating scene at NW (students or not) was the worst I've seen.

Tailgating scene at BC to me is pretty good. But each time I've gone there I've been fortunate enough to be in the large permit area next to the stadium. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love the college football atmosphere at Chestnut Hill, always had a great time and glad to see that series continue. I'd rather it wasn't the Thanksgiving game though, at least not for our road games. The October games there in 96, 98 were perfect fall weather days. And I'm not saying that just because the Yankees won WS games those evenings. That's just why they were perfect sports days.

BC is in their 7th year in that league and this will be the first that they miss a bowl game, so I don't think in the grand scheme they're all that upset with their ACC success.

ACC millions mean more success if you use it to invest $ in your football program. Not really BC's thing.

Tailgating scene at NW (students or not) was the worst I've seen.

Tailgating scene at BC to me is pretty good. But each time I've gone there I've been fortunate enough to be in the large permit area next to the stadium. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I love the college football atmosphere at Chestnut Hill, always had a great time and glad to see that series continue. I'd rather it wasn't the Thanksgiving game though, at least not for our road games. The October games there in 96, 98 were perfect fall weather days. And I'm not saying that just because the Yankees won WS games those evenings. That's just why they were perfect sports days.

Chip, you're right, tailgating is good at BC if you wind up in the permit area. But very few people are privileged enough to get in that area. Outside of that area, it pretty much sucks. And, like you said, if we play them Thanksgiving weekend, I can't too excited. Hard to make those games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom