Zach Allen ... Remember him | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen ... Remember him

I dont think so, his stock is waaay down ...we have bigger aspirations. The kid left us hanging. You dont commit to a coach, you commit to a school. Good luck in the putrid offensive system.
That's the cliche but we all know it's not the truth. It's why we're so excited to get a proven coach with a proven system. We expect better players to commit to this coach than the previous one.

No, because he didn't want to get bashed for going elsewhere if he decided to do so.

And also, the person that runs that paysite feeds on scraps from his sources. He's not nearly as connected as the lemmings that worship his every move think he is. And he's not the only person that knew Allen was visiting.
why do you feel that way? Do you know for sure he is not as connected as others think?

why do you feel that way? Do you know for sure he is not as connected as others think?
I don't know for sure, but if you read other schools' paysites, it's clear that whoever their insider is is extremely connected, and the information is well presented. If they didn't always beat the "our subscribers knew it first" drum, it probably wouldn't bother me as much.

I don't know for sure, but if you read other schools' paysites, it's clear that whoever their insider is is extremely connected, and the information is well presented. If they didn't always beat the "our subscribers knew it first" drum, it probably wouldn't bother me as much.
I will tell you he is connected. I know it for a fact

If people didn't always steal his information and post it here and elsewhere maybe he wouldn't have to beat that drum or ban certain posters from his site.

oldpinepoint said:
I will tell you he is connected. I know it for a fact

I know for a fact that a small time free Cuse blog has better connections, and has scoops days before this guy does.

Out of curiosity, how many other schools' pay sites do you pay for and read to draw this comparison?

Out of curiosity, how many other schools' pay sites do you pay for and read to draw this comparison?
I don't, but I have friends that pay for multiple other sites and since I enjoy recruiting, I read as many as possible. I appreciate TOS filling a void that disappeared when Matt Alkire & John Garcia left, don't get me wrong.

I know for a fact that a small time free Cuse blog has better connections, and has scoops days before this guy does.

You sure? Because that site often has info right after TOS. Which always seems odd. Then the two writers have a circle jerk confirming each other's stories when it is in fact the same "source."

I dont think so, his stock is waaay down ...we have bigger aspirations. The kid left us hanging. You dont commit to a coach, you commit to a school. Good luck in the putrid offensive system.

Do you really think that commit to the school and not the coach nonsense that the NCAA uses to screw over the kids is realistic? Pretty much every single kid says when making their decision that it is based on the relationship they & their family have developed with the coaching staff. And how do you know how putrid their offensive system is? They hired a young guy out from Tom Herman's staff that will be running the spread.

Yeah I will say for sure. Yes he posts after Mike because Jeff doesn't make any money from his site so why the need to be first? I will guarentee they both know things long before it is published and do it because they understand they are not breaking world news they are reporting on sports and don't need to hurt people or put stuff out before the subject wants it out.

You sure? Because that site often has info right after TOS. Which always seems odd. Then the two writers have a circle jerk confirming each other's stories when it is in fact the same "source."

Because often when a source gives the site the info, it comes with a "please don't release this until such and such time" which is fine, and gives you time to get an article ready. The reason they seem to post after TOS, is because TOS just decides to post stuff whenever. Countless times they have been sitting on an article, or a bit of info, waiting for the OK to post, and boom, TOS jumps it.

Mike must have really good resources. An entire site went through limits to steal his info and make it their own. Just to save their site. Thats the type of respect he gets.

Because often when a source gives the site the info, it comes with a "please don't release this until such and such time" which is fine, and gives you time to get an article ready. The reason they seem to post after TOS, is because TOS just decides to post stuff whenever. Countless times they have been sitting on an article, or a bit of info, waiting for the OK to post, and boom, TOS jumps it.
That happens alot.

If the info is so sensitive, then don't post it on your site at all, unless you trust the posters there. Sites for bigger schools immediately ban people who post insider information. If stuff keeps coming out from there, plug your leaks, or save the information until you can report it first.

If the info is so sensitive, then don't post it on your site at all, unless you trust the posters there. Sites for bigger schools immediately ban people who post insider information. If stuff keeps coming out from there, plug your leaks, or save the information until you can report it first.

Which is why the site I'm talking about keeps the info under wraps until told they can announce something, which sometimes allows other sites to break a story first.

I can see why there is discussion about rumors and commitments causing confusion...

On the RU scout premium board, there was a post by an administrator that Syracuse had offered,this post was on June 5th Sunday.

And then a post that Cuse was in the lead for Zach, this was on Tuesday at 7:24am

Since it was premium I guess the Scout sources there did not leak out onto your board here

so RU fans on the premium board were aware that he visited Cuse, and the visit was probably over the previous weekend.
But no post on the free board about it.

Of course, information comes out at different times, sometimes here first, sometimes elsewhere.
To further confuse the issue, supposedly scout then had an erroneous article on him committing to Syracuse, and that was quickly taken down.

Edit: I also agree that his chances of starting at RU are much greater and was the deciding factor.

Last edited:
I can see why there is discussion about rumors and commitments causing confusion...

On the RU scout premium board, there was a post by an administrator that Syracuse was in the lead for Zach, this was on Tuesday at 7:24am
Since it was premium I guess the Scout sources there did not leak out onto your board here

so RU fans on the premium board were aware that he visited Cuse, and the visit was probably over the previous weekend.
But no post on the free board about it.

Of course, information comes out at different times, sometimes here first, sometimes elsewhere.
To further confuse the issue, supposedly scout then had an erroneous article on him committing to Syracuse, and that was quickly taken down.

Edit: I also agree that his chances of starting at RU are much greater and was the deciding factor.
He visited Wednesday of last week.

Wanna know what happens a lot...a source shares his info with more than one person. The information appears on more than one site and people get their panties in a wad that someone "stole" the information from a another site.
----
I would think any free board info is fair game to"steal"... But the administrators of premium boards absolutely do not want info given out from their posts, till they are ready.

Pharm73 said:
---- I would think any free board info is fair game to"steal"... But the administrators of premium boards absolutely do not want info given out from their posts, till they are ready.

I was referencing the ongoing nonsense that posters on this site "steal" pay info.

Wanna know what happens a lot...a source shares his info with more than one person. The information appears on more than one site and people get their panties in a wad that someone "stole" the information from a another site.
Your right. I think that happens 90% of the time but it doesnt mean that the 10% is ok and if I was him it would bother me just like it would bother anyone in the field of journalism.

Two thoughts:

1. Stealing info from a pay site and posting it is wrong.

2. The idea that info is on the Internet and is expected to stay behind a paywall is naive. This site does a great job at being vigilant, but the internet is a big place. Lots of holes in the dam to plug. Wish there was a different model for these guys to make a living.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom