Zach Allen ... Remember him | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Allen ... Remember him

I was referencing the ongoing nonsense that posters on this site "steal" pay info.
Yes. Some of us knew about Zach Allens' intention to visit SU before it even showed up on Scowt with the admonition that it was to be kept a secret. :rolleyes:

Two thoughts:

1. Stealing info from a pay site and posting it is wrong.

2. The idea that info is on the Internet and is expected to stay behind a paywall is naive. This site does a great job at being vigilant, but the internet is a big place. Lots of holes in the dam to plug. Wish there was a different model for these guys to make a living.
Completely agree

Yes. Some of us knew about Zach Allens' intention to visit SU before it even showed up on . . . . . with the admonition that it was to be kept a secret. :rolleyes:

I think it is silly how people think info like that is a national secret. Who cares if the whole world knows he was visiting? Football is taken too seriously sometimes.

I think it is silly how people think info like that is a national secret. Who cares if the whole world knows he was visiting? Football is taken too seriously sometimes.
I agree with you that football is taken too seriously but on the other side of this the paying sites is a business. People feed their families from it and subscribers want the info without having to read 10 other articles. If everyone can get the info it wouldnt be any reason to pay, and their will be no job for them. So I get why they wouldnt want certain info out. I agree, it is silly to debate about a kid visiting lol

I agree with you that football is taken too seriously but on the other side of this the paying sites is a business. People feed their families from it ans subscribers want the info without having to read 10 other articles. If everyone can get the info it wouldnt be any reason to pay, and their will be no job for them. So I get why wouldnt want certain info out. I can also tell you that some (not all) of these journalists have relationships with these prospects and repsect their wishes.
Well it wasn't really respecting Allens' wishes because it was posted...payside or not.

Last edited:
Well it wasn't really respecting Allens' wishing because it was posted...payside or not.
I hear you, then why have any site that gives info? I like to think the people on this site is careful with the info I give or any other person gives. I think TOS want to have that same relationship with their subcribers. People come here to talk Cuse sports and get info about the team right? We provide opinions and info here when we can. I try to contribute to the talks and discussions and also provide insight from a coaches prospective. I think this site is great and I want to contribute so that others can conitnue to enjoy the discussions but there's also alot of stuff that I wont share out of respect for the coaches and players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom