Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah the old switcheroo. I like it.

uTZyHQywLgVfDKmz8p.gif

With stanard coaching LBs, where does he move? I have to imagine Stanard moving to DBs? Where else?

The announcement didn’t say Arnett would be coaching LB’s here so he may just solely be the DC.

That said, I would think with a new DC coming in decisions will be made to retain or let go anyone on the current Defensive staff. I’m sure Arnett has some guys in his network or on his current staff he wants with him here.

Arnett was also a dark horse candidate for the open USC DC position. Quite a bit of chatter in Trojan publications and on message boards about him.

He’s probably not experienced or flashy enough for USC to have hired him but still an example of how highly thought of as a young DC he is.

He’s the type of coach SU has to identify and hire. You’ll do well on some of these hires and others just won’t cut it but honestly, that’s no different than the big names. This is exactly the type of hire we need and hopefully he crushes it here. I think he will and really just a serviceable D last year would have gotten us to a bowl game last year.

Timing makes a lot of sense as well. Right before the coaches clinic. Dino can go down and talk to other defensive position coaches to sell our defense and Arnett to them. Have to think Dino is going down with priority one looking for a LB coach and hopefully Arnett is down at the clinic with Babers. I like this a lot.

Im excited about the hire. His numbers speak for themselves. My concerns will be fitting current players into the 3-5. He has to fit his pieces in for max production and we need to be better now. Not sure if we can be as good as we can be next season because of a scheme switch. Some DT's will have to play 5 tech's. DE's will have to play some OLB. They will have to learn different reads, techniques, different run and pass fit responsibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom