Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry, I don’t believe He didn’t sign a contract for one second. You don’t announce someone is hired who is under contract somewhere else without getting your own contract signed. This isn’t JW’s first rodeo, he knows the game. I tend to believe JB44 and that there was a contract signed

This is a huge failure on the part of the football program and the AD, imo. I have no qualms with Arnett looking out for himself.

I'm sure we'll land a new DC we can all convince ourselves we're happy with, but we don't have the resources to make these kinds of missteps.
Wait what I thought the new AD excelled at this kind of stuff?

Really, how so? Until we know the facts of this matter that is a BS assumption. They could have had a handshake and this guy slow rolled signing the deal because they knew this was possible. They could have had a signed deal and MSU ponied up the buyout, if there was one.

It's an employment contract, not fixed servitude, if the economics change you can always leave. The SEC can always pay more if they want to.

If it was simply a handshake deal, then SUAD is foolish for issuing a press release (complete with HCDB's comments) announcing the hire

I’m sorry, I don’t believe He didn’t sign a contract for one second. You don’t announce someone is hired who is under contract somewhere else without getting your own contract signed. This isn’t JW’s first rodeo, he knows the game. I tend to believe JB44 and that there was a contract signed
Reports say no contract was signed. We’ll find out soon enough.

doesn't matter if he signed a contract or not. if msu wanted him, they were going to get him, buy out or not. a snap of the fingers and an additional $500k would appear.

Pony up, Weitsman...

I'd like to think the hold up on announcing Gilbert's hire was hammering out contract details and getting signature

Which I figured was standard

So why would it not be the case here

Have we ever hired / announced without something signed?

doesn't matter if he signed a contract or not. if msu wanted him, they were going to get him, buy out or not. a snap of the fingers and an additional $500k would appear.

Still to not have a signed contract so we can at least get the buyout money is a terrible look. That is Rutgers or Uconn level incompetence. Not a great look for the AD's office at all.

Wildhack has a lot of pull with ESPN and the industry in general but SEC coaches or really any coach or AD at the P5 level isn't going to base their hiring or firing decisions based on the Syracuse AD regardless of who that might be.

that’s not what I said - I said I’d be careful burning that bridge, the way it appears to have been burnt. You never know when it will come back to bite ya

that’s not what I said - I said I’d be careful burning that bridge, the way it appears to have been burnt. You never know when it will come back to bite ya

I hear ya but my point was that burning the SU AD is highly unlikely to come back to Arnett unless he somehow wants to be the D coordinator here in the future or join ESPN. Wildhack has as much pull as you or me in other schools decisions hiring coaches.

Didn't Mississippi State take our best O-line recruit too? someone remind me.

Still to not have a signed contract so we can at least get the buyout money is a terrible look. That is Rutgers or Uconn level incompetence. Not a great look for the AD's office at all.

Not sure this has happened at Rutgers or UConn. I’m being honest.

You simply CANNOT announce a hiring without a signed contract. I mean that’s common sense and Business 101. I would be extremely disappointed and it’s not exactly reassuring on ADJW’s part if we didn’t have a SIGNED contract TWO weeks after the announcement. That’s just inexcusable.

He very well could have had the contract signed and MSU could have just paid the buyout. I really hope this is the case and I would feel a lot better. Granted I like a man to keep his word and he was going to be really good for Cuse. But from the personal life/family perspective I don’t really blame him for leaving. It’s the SEC and I’m sure it’s a substantial amount of money more. It’s a business.

Not a lot of people turn down positions at ESPN.

That's ESPN. A lot didn't turn down ESPN...until they slowed on being top dog and started bleeding people.

Also ESPN in their world is not Syracuse in ours.

Everyone can sell the #1 program. Can you sell this one?

That’s soo syracuse but also incredibly unprofessional by Arnett.

I think this is the third time syracuse has hired a coach and lost him before the ink was dry. And twice for Dino. I’ve never seen anything like it before.

Roger Harriot, then Beatty and Arnett.
Dino needs to own this. Not good. My two cents is he is too much of a control freak.

That's ESPN. A lot didn't turn down ESPN...until they slowed on being top dog and started bleeding people.

Also ESPN in their world is not Syracuse in ours.

Everyone can sell the #1 program. Can you sell this one?

My point is perhaps he’s been comfortable with a commitment most of the time.

Regardless, it doesn’t really matter. He wasn’t sold on SU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom