Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain why.

What is there ceiling in the SEC considering who they play annually? They are bottom feeders in their conference with no path to competing. There’s a path to becoming an elite defense in the ACC. Not happening vs Bama, LSU etc.
It just means more...
1579730235732.png

It does matter as it shows that Dino has much to learn. Im shocked that JW allowed the announcement of his hiring without an executed contract. Actually blown away. JW of all ADs understands contracts. This is a total Cluster on Dinos and JW part. Inexcusable.

This aged well.

I wonder how much of it is money (certainly some of it) and how much of it is 'what did I get myself into' after watching some film of this year's debacles.

LOL in all seriousness once Miss State offered he probably though to himself, Dino is in year 5 coming off a losing season if things go south this year how much time does he have left. Leach meanwhile is coming in after Miss St just paid a fortune to buy him out and give him a new contract, he's getting at least 4 years unless the team is a total mess and you know they won't be.

perhaps Dino should have attached a car battery to the guy's nut sack and tortured the truth out of him before hiring him
Ive hired 50 + executives at compensation levels in the mid 6 figure range and have lost a handful within a few months of their hiring so i understand. My point is that i hope they had a fully executed agreement in place.

Explain why.

What is their ceiling in the SEC considering who they play annually? They are bottom feeders in their conference with no path to competing. There’s a path to becoming an elite defense in the ACC. Not happening vs Bama, LSU etc.
$$$, perception of SEC nationally, ability to recruit, and...$$$.

Succeed at an SEC school and Arnett has a faster track to HC

We may not have a choice, not a ton of DC's running the 3-3-5 and were at the end of January. Assuming we can't get Long out of retirement were probably hiring a 4-3 guy.

Sadly, that may prove costly for Dino.

This is a huge failure on the part of the football program and the AD, imo. I have no qualms with Arnett looking out for himself.

I'm sure we'll land a new DC we can all convince ourselves we're happy with, but we don't have the resources to make these kinds of missteps.
If that is true we don't belong in a P5 conference.

Who cares if he signed a contract he was taking the Mississippi State job no matter.
Manny Diaz took the Temple HC job and then before coaching a game took the Miami HC job.
This stuff happens.

The problem is we hired a guy who wasn’t committed. That is the problem.
I am not blaming Wildhack for being cheap. We aren’t paying insane money for an unproven DC. We save the raises for guys who prove they can do the job.

Hire an established DC in the college game.

I like Harlan Barnett and Dino likes and knows him.
He got 980k from Florida State but fired.
We can get him cheaper. He made 490k at Michigan State.

Dino was asked to comment when the guy took the Florida State job.
He can recruit FL and is a good coach.

I would post the Connor McGregor gif but that would probably cross the line.
I got no problem going to another job but he shouldn’t agree to one job then continue shopping.
It’s just bad character.
The money is obviously more.

Exactly.

It isn't sour grapes - I'm glad he's gone.

Only a low-class human would accept a position and continue fielding offers. Syracuse's program doesn't need any low-class humans. Good riddance, they'll find someone else.

Even if you fail, some school still thinks your HC material potentially because the SEC thought you were good enough to hire.

LOL in all seriousness once Miss State offered he probably though to himself, Dino is in year 5 coming off a losing season if things go south this year how much time does he have left. Leach meanwhile is coming in after Miss St just paid a fortune to buy him out and give him a new contract, he's getting at least 4 years unless the team is a total mess and you know they won't be.

Leach is a time bomb. Word at Wazzu was that they like winning but we’re over all the rest.

Or he might have realized that AC and coordinator coaching jobs require you to be transient, and regardless of how things unfold that coaching in the SEC is a resume builder.

Sucks, but I never believed this guy was a long-termer here anyway.

They’re bottom of the barrel in each of those categories in the SEC with Vandy. He better pray Leach is successful then, the roads dangerous.

Leach is a time bomb. Word at Wazzu was that they like winning but we’re over all the rest.

Listen he's definitely not a guy who is going to be there for 15 years or anything. However, if your Arnett you just got a salary bump should have no issues with a job for at least 3 or 4 years and assuming he has any sort of success can translate that to another SEC job for probably double the salary or a HC somewhere. I think leaving was a d$ck move but as he has no loyalty to SU I can at least understand the rationale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom