Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not. | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

Zach Arnett new Syracuse DC...or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Ohana for you!

9F234278-0F6C-42A1-AC7F-6E67F5D24615.jpeg

People putting this on Dino and JW - what else is there for them to do?
Guy accepted the job and then bolted for another offer. I’d rather lose him now than a year into his tenure putting his system in.

For all I’m concerned, can’t wait til he’s the next in a long line that flame out at MSU. See ya later guy. Won’t be a fan.

Go get our next guy. F Zak Arnett.

My question is -- why did we not try to increase the offer beyond MSU's number? If he was entertaining that offer than just matching it wasn't going to cut it.

because it wasn't about money. Any SEC job is better than working at a tier 2 ACC school. Orange colored glasses need to come off.

because it wasn't about money. Any SEC job is better than working for at a tier 2 ACC school. Orange colored glasses need to come off.
Everyone has a price.

People putting this on Dino and JW - what else is there for them to do?
Guy accepted the job and then bolted for another offer. I’d rather lose him now than a year into his tenure putting his system in.

For all I’m concerned, can’t wait til he’s the next in a long line that flame out at MSU. See ya later guy. Won’t be a fan.

Go get our next guy. F Zak Arnett.
The blame directed at them is with the assumption that they announced the hire without getting a signed deal.

The blame directed at them is with the assumption that they announced the hire without getting a signed deal.
How do we know they didn’t? I know you referenced assumption, regardless exec’s break contracts everyday.

Ive hired 50 + executives at compensation levels in the mid 6 figure range and have lost a handful within a few months of their hiring so i understand. My point is that i hope they had a fully executed agreement in place.

Since everyone on here is pushing for one of your mid 6 figure jobs. I’m willing to do the same job, better, for low 6 figures.

Oh man...I'd love to live in Starkville, MS! I'd shoot myself...

Me too, but I'd rather work on wall street than for a regional bank. I can see why he did it.

How do we know they didn’t? I know you referenced assumption, regardless exec’s break contracts everyday.
No one does yet.
Agreed on the 2nd point. Hopefully they get a buyout out of it.

kcsu

I signed a contract to the Cali Award Committee but am willing to leave it if the price is right.

Time to change this to the KCSU Resume Submittal Thread

because it wasn't about money. Any SEC job is better than working at a tier 2 ACC school. Orange colored glasses need to come off.

They are a tier 2 SEC school with less of a chance at competing in their division than we do.

Aren't an offer sheet and a contract one in the same?

They are in professional sports.

The National Basketball Association uses the term offer sheet to refer to a contract offered by another team to a restricted free agent of at least one year. ... However, unlike NHL offer sheets, NBA offer sheets do not require a team to relinquish a draft pick or other compensation.

You pay for what you believe is a fair value, otherwise you are overpaying
We've been underpaying for decades. It's okay to overpay until we right the ship.

Oh man...I'd love to live in Starkville, MS! I'd shoot myself...
While I agree, Syracuse doesn't exactly have a sterling reputation as a place to live either. I grew up in Syracuse & love the area but the national perception is that Syracuse is a frozen rust-belt wasteland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom