Zachary Allen Commits | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Zachary Allen Commits

Wow, the news that Zach will be in the Elite 11 camp is a pretty big deal. The two-part series last year was terrific, and I think Dilfer does a great job with these kids and as an analyst altogether. Allen is starting to sound like one of those QBs that is going to come along under the radar, get his time in college and make a name for himself nationally. Would be huge for SU to have one of those guys, especially under center. All it takes is one to get the ball rolling. Doug really needs to hold on to this kid.

I can't believe this isn't getting more play on the board. Our QB commit was named one of 25 finalists for the Elite 11. Then Dilfer adds he's like a young Colt McCoy and was Tony Romo's favorite QB at the Dallas workouts. Wow

Perhaps it should be posted separately under a new thread. Could be it is just getting missed here.

I can't believe this isn't getting more play on the board. Our QB commit was named one of 25 finalists for the Elite 11. Then Dilfer adds he's like a young Colt McCoy and was Tony Romo's favorite QB at the Dallas workouts. Wow

I still hate Tony Romo, but love his comments about Zach.

Perhaps it should be posted separately under a new thread. Could be it is just getting missed here.
Agree-Was thinking of doing that when I posted the video-thought some might complain about it. Hope the staff sends this video to Gus Edwards and Laray Smith. Maybe even to Andrey Baskin.

I wonder if a great showing at the camp bumps him up even further nationally. The camp has to be the reason Rivals recently moved him to 22nd on their list -which seems to coincide with the selection of the camp (22nd QB invited).

Wow. That's some high praise.

Going to be an interesting battle next year for the position. Not sure Allen is physically ready for D1 football yet, but Hunt better be on his P's and Q's this next year and make some serious progress.

Maybe he will be our RGIII.

(one can dream, right?)

Wow, the news that Zach will be in the Elite 11 camp is a pretty big deal. The two-part series last year was terrific, and I think Dilfer does a great job with these kids and as an analyst altogether. Allen is starting to sound like one of those QBs that is going to come along under the radar, get his time in college and make a name for himself nationally. Would be huge for SU to have one of those guys, especially under center. All it takes is one to get the ball rolling. Doug really needs to hold on to this kid.
Easily the most important recruit for us to keep

Easily the most important recruit for us to keep

This, I hope he has a strong relationship with the coaches, and also he appreciates that SU was one of the first to offer him. I have a feeling a lot of B12 school will be knocking on his door in the next year...

This, I hope he has a strong relationship with the coaches, and also he appreciates that SU was one of the first to offer him. I have a feeling a lot of B12 school will be knocking on his door in the next year...
I think a major factor with the Big 12 that goes to our advantage is most of them already have guys committed at QB. That's the only reason I'm not really that worried about him. He seems to be solid on SU and TCU is the only Big 12 team (that I worry about) that does not have a commit in the Elite 11 camp.

Kudo's to the coaching staff on this pickup. The more I read about this kid, the more I like. I have full faith the staff will keep close ties with him throughout. BOL Zach in the "Elite 11" out in sunny California. :cool:

wow that's a really nice interview, but geez as nice as it was, it was painful to see a lot of those recruits that he talked to with us on their list, didn't really think much of us. It's still hard to believe we have fallen to this level of not even being taken serious for a recruit. Hope Allen can help us turn this around.

Another interview by TOS and this kid actually went into more details regarding his commitment... said he has been hearing from SEC and B12 schools and his first conversations with all these schools begins with him letting them know his commitment is firm to Syracuse.. As I said.. this guy is ours and he's going to do great things in Orange.. count it.

I read the article and he got me pumped up, this kid is going to do great things.

wow that's a really nice interview, but geez as nice as it was, it was painful to see a lot of those recruits that he talked to with us on their list, didn't really think much of us. It's still hard to believe we have fallen to this level of not even being taken serious for a recruit. Hope Allen can help us turn this around.

Could just be a case of Texas kids not knowing much about Syracuse. Allen puts in a good word and all of the sudden they do a bit more research.

I dunno, from where we have been during their teen years, I am impressed that good players have us on their list at all. This kid might be Doug's Tim Green.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I dunno, from where we have been during their teen years, I am impressed that good players have us on their list at all. This kid might be Doug's Tim Green.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

would be awesome.

I think a major factor with the Big 12 that goes to our advantage is most of them already have guys committed at QB. That's the only reason I'm not really that worried about him. He seems to be solid on SU and TCU is the only Big 12 team (that I worry about) that does not have a commit in the Elite 11 camp.
Didn't they lose a kid that played QB to the MLB draft as well that enrolled in January

Don't know why this thread fell so low, but got a good bump. Here's a scouting report from the Westlake game.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2012/9/10/3308413/zach-allen-scouting-report

I have few rules in life, but one rule is that any time Syracuse gets a QB recruit from Central Texas, I'll be there. So, on Friday, my brother and I drove about an hour and a half north to watch Zach Allen and Temple High School take on local Austin powerhouse, Westlake. For a bit of context, Westlake was ranked as the #4 team in Central Texas and had, the week previous, beaten the #1 ranked team in Central Texas. Westlake was getting a ton of hype for their defense and had held the aforementioned previous #1 team to 7 points the week prior. Westlake was led offensively by their QB, Jordan Severt, who is being recruited by Ohio State.The Temple fans, much like Syracuse fans on Saturday, were hoping to keep the game respectable and saw it as a good measuring stick.

Zach Allen beat Westlake. I suppose it is the correct thing to say that Temple beat Westlake 49-42, and of course technically that is true. The truth, however, is that Temple was Zach Allen and a bunch of decent players. Allen was by far the best player on the field and completely outplayed Severt. Westlake keyed their defense to stop Allen, and they couldn't slow him down. Here's an article/boxscore from the
game:http://westlakepicayune.com/2012/09/07/chaps-come-up-short-in-temple/

For those who don't feel like clicking on the link, Allen went 22/33 for 282 yards 4TD and 0 INT. He ran 16 times for 67 yards. I can attest that of the 11 incompletions, the vast majority of of them were throw aways while under pressure. I can only think of 2 legit incompletions - one where Allen underthrew an 7 yard out and one where the receiver was streaking up the sideline but looked up too late and the ball ate him up.

Zach's mom told me (we'll get to more of this later) that Temple was down their top 4 offensive linemen, including their SMU bound tackle who was hurt midway through the first quarter, and it showed. Westlake got a ton of pressure on Allen for most of the game. Temple, runs a no huddle hurry up zone read spread option offense, but they do a lot of straight pocket passing out of it. Every snap Allen took was from the shotgun (so he'll need to adjust there). The two things that stand out about Allen are:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom