Zachary Allen Commits | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Zachary Allen Commits

Zach has been climbing recruiting boards.

Rivals - #22 QB - 3*
ESPN - #48 QB - 3*
247 - #50 QB - 3*
Scout - #82 QB - 2*

Rivals - #22 QB - 3*
ESPN - #48 QB - 3*
247 - #50 QB - 3*
Scout - #82 QB - 2*

Thats awesome. Not that it makes him any better but it adds some validation to the opinions of everyone on the board who is excited about him. Maybe it helps real in some other good players. No doubt WR prospects like to see a good QB in their class.

our next commit will be a DE (not ogundeko) ... i think we have Laray Smith targeted as a WR and Gus Edwards as our 'power' back this class

per John Garcia he thinks John Stepec (OH) DE will be our next commit ... he does not carelessly throw out nuggets

*** with a lot of offers

per John Garcia he thinks John Stepec (OH) DE will be our next commit ... he does not carelessly throw out nuggets

*** with a lot of offers
I wonder if Stepec is plan B after Ohio DE Tracy Sprinkle committed to OSU?

I wonder if Stepec is plan B after Ohio DE Tracy Sprinkle committed to OSU?

I don't think Stepec was ever a plan B. He was offered by the staff months ago.

DE out of Ohio with 4 early BCS offers - great get if we land him.

our next commit will be a DE (not ogundeko) ... i think we have Laray Smith targeted as a WR and Gus Edwards as our 'power' back this class

I think Edwards is a must get. I hate putting that label on a recruit but we have to keep the NYC momentum going. The last 2 years we've landed 1 of the top 2 players in the city in their respective classes in Reddish and Morgan. Edwards keeps that streak going even if we do lose out on Ogundeko.

And if we do somehow land the trio of Ogundeko, Edwards, and Smith, that really makes the statement that NYC is ours and you better expect an uphill battle if you try recruiting top tier talent out of it.

I don't think Stepec was ever a plan B. He was offered by the staff months ago.

DE out of Ohio with 4 early BCS offers - great get if we land him.
I love Stepec's video. He would be a great get.

I think Edwards is a must get. I hate putting that label on a recruit but we have to keep the NYC momentum going. The last 2 years we've landed 1 of the top 2 players in the city in their respective classes in Reddish and Morgan. Edwards keeps that streak going even if we do lose out on Ogundeko.

And if we do somehow land the trio of Ogundeko, Edwards, and Smith, that really makes the statement that NYC is ours and you better expect an uphill battle if you try recruiting top tier talent out of it.

Agreed, he's super important to keep the NYC momentum going. The PR and perception would be huge for Syracuse and it really helps to put a stamp on our attempt at a stranglehold on the area - and the marketing campaign.

Agreed, he's super important to keep the NYC momentum going. The PR and perception would be huge for Syracuse and it really helps to put a stamp on our attempt at a stranglehold on the area - and the marketing campaign.

I think it's important that Syracuse has been on him longer by far than the other 3 finalists. If you go back and reread articles on him from February to now, Syracuse was always in that top 6-8 schools. Now Syr is the only school from that original list that remains. Relationships are everything. Hopefully long developed relationships coupled with players he knows from HS, will be enough to keep him from the snake oil salesman from MD and the facilities at VA.

In some ways he is even more important than Ogendeko because he plays a higher profile position. If he ends up having a good career, the PR would be great for Syr and NYC.

The NYC kids are going to be a battle all year regardless of who they verbal to over the next few months. The results on the field this fall are going to be critical especially if we can get a commit from Edwards or Smith or Ebeneezer. The negative recruiting is going to be high if we struggle to have a .500 record this year or falter down the stretch again.

Rivals - #22 QB - 3*
ESPN - #48 QB - 3*
247 - #50 QB - 3*
Scout - #82 QB - 2*

Funny to see that Austin Wilson is having a similar star upgrade from the services.
3* from Rivals and ESPN and 2* from 247 and Scout.

Rivals - #22 QB - 3*
ESPN - #48 QB - 3*
247 - #50 QB - 3*
Scout - #82 QB - 2*

funny how rankings matter when our commits get upgraded...

funny how rankings matter when our commits get upgraded...

I don't think people are mentioning the rankings because they matter, I think people are pointing out that the services are starting to like our QB commit.

I don't think people are mentioning the rankings because they matter, I think people are pointing out that the services are starting to like our QB commit.

but as soon as anyone states that our recruiting has been horrible over the last decade, they tell you how little recruiting services know and how stars mean nothing and that's why "so many 5 stars never start a game in their career and 2 stars become all americans"

and then i respond "but you love when recruiting services rank our bball class number 1"

If the recruiting services are worthless, act like they are worthless all the time. Not just when they make us look bad.

but as soon as anyone states that our recruiting has been horrible over the last decade, they tell you how little recruiting services know and how stars mean nothing and that's why "so many 5 stars never start a game in their career and 2 stars become all americans"

and then i respond "but you love when recruiting services rank our bball class number 1"

If the recruiting services are worthless, act like they are worthless all the time. Not just when they make us look bad.
you can't compare basketball recruiting with football recruiting on the services though. while i still think both are crap, basketball is much easier to evaluate and definitely gives you a much better idea of the player you are getting. They don't evaluate more than 500 players, compared to football who evaluates thousands. It's much more of a hit than a miss with basketball. Hell, Dash Riley dropped from a 5 star to a 3 star and look how bad he actually was. They nailed that one.

you can't compare basketball recruiting with football recruiting on the services though. while i still think both are crap, basketball is much easier to evaluate and definitely gives you a much better idea of the player you are getting. They don't evaluate more than 500 players, compared to football who evaluates thousands. It's much more of a hit than a miss with basketball. Hell, Dash Riley dropped from a 5 star to a 3 star and look how bad he actually was. They nailed that one.

And the hoops kids all play against each other through AAU. You can more accurately asses how the top 200 or 300 kids stack up against each other. Football not even close.

OK, i still compared posters getting excited when our football recruits are bumped up, but totally the opposite when our ranking sucks year in and year out.

And the hoops kids all play against each other through AAU. You can more accurately asses how the top 200 or 300 kids stack up against each other. Football not even close.

OK... move on from that comparison. i compared football to football as well.

OK, i still compared posters getting excited when our football recruits are bumped up, but totally the opposite when our ranking sucks year in and year out.

Posters get excited because it validates that our coaching staff does a good job identifying under the radar talent.

But I have never seen one poster express here that they put much stock in the star system employed by the websites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom