Class of 2014 - Zaire Franklin | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Zaire Franklin

I've been quite pleased on how our staff has evaluated players over the last 5 years. We've always had a lot of guys pick up late offers. Would have been amazing to keep some of those who defected. Brantley would have played a big role this year IMO.

Brantley was one of the guys that hurt the most, IMO. Him and Gus Edwards are the two that stick out in my mind.

Zaire was offered by PSU before Cabinda and said no. Also said no thanks to Clemson, So Carolina, and Louisville.

the best part was Clemson tried twice. i'll let SS tell you how I feel

fucuse.gif

even better, means that those teams trust the evaluations of our staff

Or...they did their own and reached the same conclusion.

Listened to the dark side and Ryvals gave him an extra star for it!

and Niles Sykes did his own evaluation and we know what happened afterwards......Don't we

tboxCUSE92 said:
Plays with a nasty streak, love it... 6'1 may be generous, but his motor is fantastic...

Seemed like the tallest kid in the front 7. Bigger than the refs and coaches by a bit. 6'1 looks right to me.

shed's blocker. hits like a mad man, and looks like he runs like a RB. Pretty impressive.

Franklin and Moskal's highlights have me pretty excited for the future at LBer.

This is the first time I looked at Franklin's tape and Wow! Kid plays faaast...really impressed with how quick he hits his gap when he's neutral on the snap. He also tackles really well, wraps up solid and violently rolls his hips...how many times did he throw someone on their head?

All three of our current LB commits are impressive, better than expected, and they each bring a little something different. Exciting times indeed!

This is the first time I looked at Franklin's tape and Wow! Kid plays faaast...really impressed with how quick he hits his gap when he's neutral on the snap. He also tackles really well, wraps up solid and violently rolls his hips...how many times did he throw someone on their head?

All three of our current LB commits are impressive, better than expected, and they each bring a little something different. Exciting times indeed!

If Jonathan Thomas commits, you'll like #4 as well. Kid's a player.

If Jonathan Thomas commits, you'll like #4 as well. Kid's a player.

Yep. Thomas may have the highest ceiling just because he is the biggest, just as athletic, and has only been playing football for 2 years.

a couple interesting things to take away from the little article about Franklin in today's PS (shocking I know!). Anyways Franklin says he has already bulked up to 230-235..wow. He was recruited as a WILL, but he says he wants to try to win the starting job at the MIKE. The staff has told him to work on conditioning, don't know if they felt he was too big, or want his speed on the outside? I also think Moskal is the only true MIKE in this years class and will have first dibs on the spot. Going to be interesting to see what they do with Hodge, since he has ability to play MIKE as well. All I know is we have some serious talent at the LBer position.

Thomas' video is sick. I have to imagine if there were no doubts about his grades he'd be a multi-SEC/ACC offered recruit.

totally agree. that's why i commented earlier that if he went prep or juco we wouldn't stand a chance to hold his commitment. kid is a stud and will only get better.

a couple interesting things to take away from the little article about Franklin in today's PS (shocking I know!). Anyways Franklin says he has already bulked up to 230-235..wow. He was recruited as a WILL, but he says he wants to try to win the starting job at the MIKE. The staff has told him to work on conditioning, don't know if they felt he was too big, or want his speed on the outside? I also think Moskal is the only true MIKE in this years class and will have first dibs on the spot. Going to be interesting to see what they do with Hodge, since he has ability to play MIKE as well. All I know is we have some serious talent at the LBer position.

BfbTQYAIEAApoLg.jpg:large

1. Zaire ‏@ZiggySmalls_ 8h
  2. And our class is mad decent. It's crazy to think about. I remember when it was just Me, Naes and AJ
  1. Zaire ‏@ZiggySmalls_ 8h
  2. Just sitting here thinkin like, damn signing day is tomorrow! I might cry lol

Zaire ‏@ZiggySmalls_ 1h
Not a chance of me getting any sleep tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom