Zone finally starting to get credit | Syracusefan.com

Zone finally starting to get credit

Frank Martin is the man. If anyone hasn't heard his story about when he almost died a few years ago at K-State, it's worth a google. He shared it last night on the post game show on TBS as well.

And yes, two of the best defensive teams in the country play zone. Guess it took Duke copying us for "some" to take notice. A lot do give us credit. It was described as a freakshow on our F4 run 2 years ago.

Frank Martin is the man. If anyone hasn't heard his story about when he almost died a few years ago at K-State, it's worth a google. He shared it last night on the post game show on TBS as well.
ESPN did a great piece on it a week or two ago too. Amazing. I used to not like him because of his emotions and screaming at kids but when you get to know him, he comes from a great place and really loves his kids.

The talking heads are finally realizing holding teams under 60 isn't a fluke. Just listened to Frank Martin explain our zone and FINALLY, somebody with some real analysis and with first hand knowledge.

Go Cuse! How sweet it is!
Because Frank Martin knows what he’s talking about. One comment I found interesting was that he said (paraphrasing) “the biggest asset to Syracuse’s zone is how they play offense. They take their time and look for good shots and that allows their defense to get set”

Yeah I don’t think it is talking heads. The studio people for the NCAA tournament are beyond ignorant. Most have not watched a college game since the 80s when they were playing in them. I t takes the active coaches to bring any perspective to it. Candace Parker is looking to challenge Barkley for biggest moron with her completely useless “analysis” which all but included an actual eye roll when imparting the gem “... I guess give credit to the defense...”

And yes, two of the best defensive teams in the country play zone. Guess it took Duke copying us for "some" to take notice. A lot do give us credit. It was described as a freakshow on our F4 run 2 years ago.

We’ve played 3 teams that average 80+ a game and held them to 53, 52 and 56.

Yeah I don’t think it is talking heads. The studio people for the NCAA tournament are beyond ignorant. Most have not watched a college game since the 80s when they were playing in them. I t takes the active coaches to bring any perspective to it. Candace Parker is looking to challenge Barkley for biggest moron with her completely useless “analysis” which all but included an actual eye roll when imparting the gem “... I guess give credit to the defense...”
Barkley spends more time on the fairways then he does watching CBB...and he spends no time getting it on the fairway.

What amazes me is eve when a team has a couple of trips where they "solve" the zone, they fail to go back to it

We’ve played 3 teams that average 80+ a game and held them to 53, 52 and 56.
That doesn't happen if Taurean Thompson was in the lineup. The guys on this roster are very special in Syracuse history. Whoever would have thunk it.

What amazes me is eve when a team has a couple of trips where they "solve" the zone, they fail to go back to it
Seems like everybody but UNC. they are the only team to keep going to the well. Luckily they are down 14 at the half.

Barkley spends more time on the fairways then he does watching CBB...and he spends no time getting it on the fairway.
Barkley has the worst golf swing I've ever seen, and it's still better than his mind. He just told the other talking heads he always swallows him gum after he's done with it since that's what most people do.

Barkley has the worst golf swing I've ever seen, and it's still better than his mind. He just told the other talking heads he always swallows him gum after he's done with it since that's what most people do.
Half of it has to be his stick...to come across as an idiot. I am probably wrong though.

I’m in such a good mood, I’m not even that weirded out that you just told us Charles Barkley swallows.

"You have no idea what that Syracuse zone is until you actually have to play against it. We got eliminated my last year at Kansas State and we attacked it a certain way in a game to go to the Sweet 16. And we played them last year. I completely watched that film and I felt like Frank you should've been coaching 3rd graders your game plan was so bad. You cheated your kids 6 years ago. They BEG you to throw the ball to the baseline, they just BEG you and then they swallow you up with size. Most times, you put guys in the middle of the zone that can make a shot? Well that's what they want you to do and then the 7 foot guy is sitting right in front of you saying go ahead, shoot the ball over me, lets see what you got. You have to make sure you have a set game play going in against Syracuse.

- Frank Martin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom