19th in CFP | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

19th in CFP

BC will easily beat FSU and VT.

They are road games I wouldn't be so sure. BC embarrassed FSU at home last year they might be mad and up for revenge thats a tough game to play after Clemson. VT is still likely the best Coastal team though that isn't saying much.

By all means go lay some road chalk on the Eagles in Blacksburg and Tallahassee and tell me how it goes... I could see them losing those two and beating Clemson at home to be honest as crazy as that sounds.

So if SU goes 4-0 in the last 4 games, we have a good shot at being in the playoffs? Or nah?

not a good shot but a super crazy shot. we will know by ND game if there is any shot.
NC state beating WV would have really helped though

A lot higher than I expected, exciting times right now. Just awesome to finally feel relevant again after such a really long stretch. There were times, at different points over the last few coaches we thought we were going to get there. Today just shows we actually are. I feel like the excitement of the Mcnabb years could come back really quickly. If fans weren’t really sure if this team was good or not, now the SU marketing team doesn’t have to try to sell it. The rest of the country is telling them, we’re pretty good for the first time in a long time.

They are road games I wouldn't be so sure. BC embarrassed FSU at home last year they might be mad and up for revenge thats a tough game to play after Clemson. VT is still likely the best Coastal team though that isn't saying much.

By all means go lay some road chalk on the Eagles in Blacksburg and Tallahassee and tell me how it goes... I could see them losing those two and beating Clemson at home to be honest as crazy as that sounds.
You're right...that is crazy.

How bad does ND wants us to go 2-0 heading into that game? That should put us around 12-13 depending on who losses. No way College Gameday wouldn’t jump at the chance to bring the show to Yankee stadium for #3ND vs #12 Syracuse. Just have to take care of business, but how much more fun is this then projecting 2 years out on potential recruiting classes.

If we win out my guess would be they just miss on college football playoffs but who knows? Need to hope when we play ND they are undefeated and hopefully BC does not lose a game till than. We will miss out on playing in the conference championship game which would have helped if they run the table.

Need Western Michigan, Pitt, Clemson to run table.

BC and ND only loss being us

A bunch of teams ahead to lose

How bad does ND wants us to go 2-0 heading into that game? That should put us around 12-13 depending on who losses. No way College Gameday wouldn’t jump at the chance to bring the show to Yankee stadium for #3ND vs #12 Syracuse. Just have to take care of business, but how much more fun is this then projecting 2 years out on potential recruiting classes.

I don’t think we’d get quite that high, but yes I think ND is pulling for us these next two weeks.

I’m pulling for them as well, really want them to be undefeated when we play them.

If we beat Wake this weekend, we should be around 15 next week. Between that and it being Dungey's last home game, that should draw a pretty heavy crowd.

F9CE599D-F475-4D62-831A-02D45CB7281E.png

Hale is right but they don’t pick the bowls by at-large like they did in the BCS.
They select the non affiliated NYS strictly by the rankings.
If SU was ranked above Ohio State per se then Syracuse would go to the NYS unlike the old BCS system where they picked teams by who would travel.

Okay I am going to join in on the crazy talk. We win out, ND"s only loss is to us, the Cavs win out but lose in the ACCCG, the Pack wins out, BC goes 3-1, and Clemson, of course, goes undefeated.

Clemson 13-0
Notre Dame 11-1
SU 10-2
NC State - 10-2
UVA - 10-3
BC - 9-3

That would mean the ACC finishes with at minimum 4 teams in the final CFP rankings, with BC the only one that may not make it. It also means will have beat ND (which at 11-1 is likely going to finish Top 10), beat NC State (likely Top 15), beat BC (just in or out of the Top 25) , and gave Clemson (#1 or #2 in the final CFP rankings) their greatest scare of the season at their place.

Peach Bowl here we come.

LGO!!!

Cheers,
Neil

Okay I am going to join in on the crazy talk. We win out, ND"s only loss is to us, the Cavs win out but lose in the ACCCG, the Pack wins out, BC goes 3-1, and Clemson, of course, goes undefeated.

Clemson 13-0
Notre Dame 11-1
SU 10-2
NC State - 10-2
UVA - 10-3
BC - 9-3

That would mean the ACC finishes with at minimum 4 teams in the final CFP rankings, with BC the only one that may not make it. It also means will have beat ND (which at 11-1 is likely going to finish Top 10), beat NC State (likely Top 15), beat BC (just in or out of the Top 25) , and gave Clemson (#1 or #2 in the final CFP rankings) their greatest scare of the season at their place.

Peach Bowl here we come.

LGO!!!

Cheers,
Neil
I like your crazy talk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online