2016 Mets | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

But the Yankees are what they are, they aren't as good as the other teams in the Al east.
theyre not.

but you were stating that Cashman has not done a good job.

I think otherwise and believe it will play out that way in future years.

theyre not.

but you were stating that Cashman has not done a good job.

I think otherwise and believe it will play out that way in future years.

The past few years he hasn't, the Yankees didn't make the playoffs two years in a row, and last year lost in the wild card game, and this year they are a long shot to make it. We will see how good these prospects he traded for our, its still early.

The past few years he hasn't, the Yankees didn't make the playoffs two years in a row, and last year lost in the wild card game, and this year they are a long shot to make it. We will see how good these prospects he traded for our, its still early.
yes, they went to the ALCS then missed 2 years then made it back last year. all while dealing with a salary challenged roster held hostage by ARod's little dilemma and by aging stars not performing to the backs of their baseball cards.

I do enjoy the fact that you expect the Yankees to make the playoffs every single geddamn year or people should be fired.

even the Boss didn't think like that, but I love your Yankee enthusiasm!!

yes, they went to the ALCS then missed 2 years then made it back last year. all while dealing with a salary challenged roster held hostage by ARod's little dilemma and by aging stars not performing to the backs of their baseball cards.

I do enjoy the fact that you expect the Yankees to make the playoffs every single geddamn year or people should be fired.

even the Boss didn't think like that, but I love your Yankee enthusiasm!!

I don't expect the Yankees to make the playoffs, its the Yankee fans that do, like I said before, I don't think they have a chance in hell of making it this year.

The guy on the Met's post game show was saying it mostly on D'arnaud, saying he kept calling for the same outside pitch and they kept hitting it to opposite field. He said you have to switch up your location more than that.

What is it D'Arnaud is supposed to be good at again?

This team is a disgrace, they should all give back their paychecks, they are stealing money right now.

It's over. Wake me up when it's spring training.
It's been over since that shitty stretch before the asb. Between Collins, Long and the inability to have even on player develop as hoped (tda, plawecki, Duda,Conforto, all of the quad a guys, etc.., this team never had a chance. It's a testament to the pitching that the team can be at the Mendoza line with RISP and still be above .500 for so long.

At some point Sandy needs to answer for why this club can't get position players to develop and front the evidence the position players actually get worse.

It's been over since that shitty stretch before the asb. Between Collins, Long and the inability to have even on player develop as hoped (tda, plawecki, Duda,Conforto, all of the quad a guys, etc.., this team never had a chance. It's a testament to the pitching that the team can be at the Mendoza line with RISP and still be above .500 for so long.

At some point Sandy needs to answer for why this club can't get position players to develop and front the evidence the position players actually get worse.

Sweeping the Cubs in that four game series before the ASB game me hope that they'd turned it around. And actually they then took 2 of 3 from the Cubs before the disappointing 1-3 stretch against the Nats right before the break.

So they were right in it, even after the ASB.

The key to these last two wins, (besides Cespedes), is that I didn't watch a minute of either game.

Now the question is: should I start watching them again or should I avoid them so they can keep winning? :confused:

The key to these last two wins, (besides Cespedes), is that I didn't watch a minute of either game.

Now the question is: should I start watching them again or should I avoid them so they can keep winning? :confused:

7 of their next 10 games are against the Cardinals and Marlins. We will know by September 1st whether there will be any meaningful games the last month of the season or not.

They like to tease us, they give us some hope, and then they play like crap again. I do think with all full lineup that we can make a run, I just wonder if we dug ourselves too big of a hole.

They like to tease us, they give us some hope, and then they play like crap again. I do think with all full lineup that we can make a run, I just wonder if we dug ourselves too big of a hole.

The thing is: we've never been 'hot' since April. It's been almost 4 months of win a couple, lose a couple. Now we have other things like the Olympics and now football that are more fun to watch. I could get back into it if we could just have a good week or two.

I was concerned after seeing the very good 30 for 30 on those guys last month. Doc didn't look good.

The Mets are actually showing some signs of life.

Definitely playing much better than before. Realistically though, with all the teams they are competing with, I feel they are going to need to get 90 wins give or take a game or two to get the wildcard. With 34 games left, they might have to win 24 or 25 to have a shot. The schedule is favorable but so was six games against Arizona where they went 1-5. I remain skeptical but I hope they can do enough to play meaningful games the second half of September.

Definitely playing much better than before. Realistically though, with all the teams they are competing with, I feel they are going to need to get 90 wins give or take a game or two to get the wildcard. With 34 games left, they might have to win 24 or 25 to have a shot. The schedule is favorable but so was six games against Arizona where they went 1-5. I remain skeptical but I hope they can do enough to play meaningful games the second half of September.

We do have a really favorable schedule, I think we can make a run, I just think we dug too deep of a hole.

When nobody is hitting, nobody hits. When everybody is hitting, everybody hits.

You've heard it all your life: "Offense sells tickets but Defense wins championships." Well, offense is a very large bucket of whitewash that can be used to cover over a lot of problems. When you are scoring 6 runs a game, (as they have in their last 15 games), you can still win games with tired arms, fielding errors, base-running mistakes, lost opportunities, etc. When you average 3 runs a game, (as they did in the previous 29) , everything matters.

It's the same thing in football. If you are scoring like a Scott Shafer team, everything matters. If you are scoring like a Dino Babers team, you can overcome some things and make them irrelevant.

Last edited:

I think (hope?) 90 is a few games too high. The Cards have the final spot right now, based on their current win%, they're going to finish at 86 wins. Then you have the Pirates right behind them on pace for 84, and the Mets and Marlins for about 83. Now, the odds are that one of those other 3 teams will play better than their current pace; but the Cards would have to finish 22-12 to get to 90, which would be quite the finishing kick (though completely possible). You also have the Giants who have floundered in the second half, currently on pace for about 88 wins.

I would say right now, if the Mets could get to 88 wins, I'd feel pretty confident they'd be in the one game playoff; maybe even a 87. 86 is starting to push it. 88 means they need to go 22-11; that is quite the closing kick. The schedule is kind, but yeah, it was kind with the Rockies and Arizona and how did that work out? They have 4 games with the Marlins coming up that are absolutely huge.

It's happening

Playing very well, the schedule is favorable, I never thought I would be saying this , but hopefully our starting pitching can keep up.

I like Gsellman a lot. Lugo should eventually end up in the pen, but these young pitchers have given them a spark.

Of course it goes without saying that Reyes, Cabrera and Cespedes MUST stay healthy down the stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom