2016 Mets | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

deGrom and Matz can't come back soon enough. Montero is showing why he's org filler. The poor man's Edwin Jackson, although that's perhaps too kind.

deGrom and Matz can't come back soon enough. Montero is showing why he's org filler. The poor man's Edwin Jackson, although that's perhaps too kind.

Montero is awful, he has no business pitching in the big leagues.

Terry is just the absolute worst. I don't know why he even started him in the first place, but then they should have hit for him in the second with 2 guys on.

Hak attack, I agree with most of your long post. In looking at the schedule a few weeks back, my main thought was if the Nats don't bury us, I liked our chances due to the weakness of the rest of the schedule. We won 2 of 3 at home, if we can get one of the next 2 (likely this one, since Thor is on the mound) that will work for me at 3-3 overall and then we have the incredible 10 game homestand where I'm thinking we need to go 7-3.

IF (and this is a huge if) we can sneak into the playoffs and we get Jake and Matz back healthy, I can at least talk myself into giving the Cubs a scare, assuming we get past Madison.

Tonight would be a big win. We don't want to get swept by Washington. Fortunately the Cardinals aren't doing that well, either.

Terry is just the absolute worst. I don't know why he even started him in the first place, but then they should have hit for him in the second with 2 guys on.

Hak attack, I agree with most of your long post. In looking at the schedule a few weeks back, my main thought was if the Nats don't bury us, I liked our chances due to the weakness of the rest of the schedule. We won 2 of 3 at home, if we can get one of the next 2 (likely this one, since Thor is on the mound) that will work for me at 3-3 overall and then we have the incredible 10 game homestand where I'm thinking we need to go 7-3.

IF (and this is a huge if) we can sneak into the playoffs and we get Jake and Matz back healthy, I can at least talk myself into giving the Cubs a scare, assuming we get past Madison.

I don't know how you can blame Terry, with all the injuries we have, its a miracle we are in the wild card spot. He had no other choice but to start him, we all know the guy stinks, but what were his other options? We don't have Matz or Degrom.

I see the organization cut ties with Backman yesterday. He never had the kind of relationship with the suits that Collins has. I hear a lot of people say Terry is well liked by ownership, management and the players. But if they keep him on, they absolutely must get him an A+ bench coach. And get rid of Teufel; seems like he's behind a baserunning error a week.

I don't know how you can blame Terry, with all the injuries we have, its a miracle we are in the wild card spot. He had no other choice but to start him, we all know the guy stinks, but what were his other options? We don't have Matz or Degrom.

They have 37 players on the roster. They brought Ynoa in right after him, I'm not saying he's good, but they could have tried him.

What a weird, frustrating inning. The Nats never hit a ball out of the infield in the air but scored two runs to tie up the game. Murphy beats out a hot grounder. Reyes air-mails a grounder to third and then can't knock down a hot smash. Familia can't handle a bouncer back to the mound. A foul pop tails away from both Reyes and Cespedes. But then we stay alive due to a line-out double play.

It's a crazy game.

What a weird, frustrating inning. The Nats never hit a ball out of the infield in the air but scored two runs to tie up the game. Murphy beats out a hot grounder. Reyes air-mails a grounder to third and then can't knock down a hot smash. Familia can't handle a bouncer back to the mound. A foul pop tails away from both Reyes and Cespedes. But then we stay alive due to a line-out double play.

It's a crazy game.

My heart can't take another game like this, thank god we held on.

That one was definitely shades of the WS with Familia really not pitching that poorly but still blowing s save.

Thor was freaking dominant last night. If they end up facing off against Bumgarner or Carlos Martinez in the wild card game, that's the Thor they're going to need

That 9th inning was brutal last nite. I turned it off and threw the remote and sat in the backyard for like a half hr when nats tied it. Couldn't believe when I checked the score on my phone half hr later that we were winning 4-3.

1 of these years the mets are gonna kill me, I have no doubt.

It's entirely possible the hardest hit ball off Familia last night was the double play they turned

I thought for sure Murphy was going to win it for them in the 10th. He has turned into the greatest Met Killer of all time. Clutch performance on that AB from Blevins & Rivera.

Rivera, by the way, should be the primary catcher. He is so much better defensively & handling pitchers than TDA, and this year his equal at the plate.

That one was definitely shades of the WS with Familia really not pitching that poorly but still blowing s save.

Thor was freaking dominant last night. If they end up facing off against Bumgarner or Carlos Martinez in the wild card game, that's the Thor they're going to need

Carlos Martinez doesn't worry me, in fact I would sign up for that right now.

I hope we make the wild card easily, instead of having to use our best pitchers to get there.

I hope we make the wild card easily, instead of having to use our best pitchers to get there.

Well the wild card game is a Wednesday, so Thor could pitch the third to last game of the season and start that game on regular rest. I do wonder how hard they'd push to have home field in the wild card game if it came to that.

Ideally you'd see St. Louis and the Giants battle for the second spot and have to burn their aces on the final day of the season. I bet if it was the Giants and Bumgarner pitched on Saturday they'd bring him back Wednesday on short rest

I'm an ESL teacher in Queens and this is an actual exercise from a book we use. The lesson was on the difference between "There are" and "They are." I found it funny and sad at the same time.

image.jpeg

Who we rooting for Giants or cardinals?

I'm honestly not sure.

The best case scenario to me overall is the Mets host the Cards in the wild card game. But the home game isn't that hugely important, i'd rather be the road team if we could wrap it up before the last few days and set the rotation.

Honestly, the other two teams have a pretty tough schedule and we have a cake schedule, we "should" be able to win the #1 WC spot. So I guess a split? That's probably the outcome that makes us hosting the cards the most likely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom