2016 Mets | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Mets

He makes some odd moves, but the fact that we are 10 games over 500 with all the injuries we have, is amazing, the guy has done a great job.
I disagree... the fact that we are 10 games over .500 is a testament to how bad the NL is and how good our pitching staff has been. When we face good teams we are terrible. And given that 3 out of our 5 starting pitchers have been on the dl for long periods of time and one of our relievers has missed plenty of time due to overuse I don't know how much credit Terry can take for the pitching staff performance. Thor would be Thor if I was managing him Bartolo would be Bartolo if my three year old daughter was the manager. We got lucky that this organization has been really really good at identifying pitching talent.

Terry has gotten a big fat F at generating runs by hit and runs, running the bases, forcing people to take on 3-0 counts, etc... If it weren't for Yo we'd be under .500 and way out of the playoff race.

I'll give Terry all the credit in the world for his people management and the run last year but in reality Terry needs to ride off in the sunset this offseason. We need someone who will get these guys to generate runs and doesn't manage by some baseball rulebook.

I disagree... the fact that we are 10 games over .500 is a testament to how bad the NL is and how good our pitching staff has been. When we face good teams we are terrible. And given that 3 out of our 5 starting pitchers have been on the dl for long periods of time and one of our relievers has missed plenty of time due to overuse I don't know how much credit Terry can take for the pitching staff performance. Thor would be Thor if I was managing him Bartolo would be Bartolo if my three year old daughter was the manager. We got lucky that this organization has been really really good at identifying pitching talent.

Terry has gotten a big fat F at generating runs by hit and runs, running the bases, forcing people to take on 3-0 counts, etc... If it weren't for Yo we'd be under .500 and way out of the playoff race.

I'll give Terry all the credit in the world for his people management and the run last year but in reality Terry needs to ride off in the sunset this offseason. We need someone who will get these guys to generate runs and doesn't manage by some baseball rulebook.

We are 11 games over 500, its not like we are a game over. 3/5ths of our rotation, I literally never heard of going into the season, and I follow this organization pretty closely.

Terry didn't screw up letting Harvey start the 9th, that was the right call. He was dominating and deserved the chance to finish it. He screwed up by not taking him out after the lead off walk. I'll give you the chance to finish the game, but if anyone gets on its familia time.

And his explanation after was ridiculous, he said something like I didn't put him back out there to face 1 batter. So dumb.

Yeah I agree with that. 2 run leading entering the ninth; leadoff walk and it's time to go and give the ball to Familia.

Game 4 the night before was the one that killed me. Off the top of my head, we had a 2 run lead entering the sixth, we had already gotten 5 good innings out of Matz, the first 2 hitters were their best right handed hitters (Cain, Zobrist) and of course he leaves the lefty in to face those two.

Yeah I agree with that. 2 run leading entering the ninth; leadoff walk and it's time to go and give the ball to Familia.

Game 4 the night before was the one that killed me. Off the top of my head, we had a 2 run lead entering the sixth, we had already gotten 5 good innings out of Matz, the first 2 hitters were their best right handed hitters (Cain, Zobrist) and of course he leaves the lefty in to face those two.

Game one was the killer, Familia giving up the hr to Gordon, we were that close to the win, the series would have been completely different if we get that first game.

Game one was the killer, Familia giving up the hr to Gordon, we were that close to the win, the series would have been completely different if we get that first game.

Yeah I just meant killer in terms of managerial moves. Familia gives up a homer, nothing you can really do.

sad-mr-met.jpg

Bruce had 80 RBIs in 97 games with the Reds, (134 per 162 games). For the Mets he has 11 RBIs in 40 games (45 per 162 games).

Next year he'll be with somebody else and hit .400 with 6 home runs against the Mets.

Bruce had 80 RBIs in 97 games with the Reds, (134 per 162 games). For the Mets he has 11 RBIs in 40 games (45 per 162 games).

Next year he'll be with somebody else and hit .400 with 6 home runs against the Mets.

When your pinch hit for by Eric Cambpell, you know its bad. I am so tired of Darno, the guy is awful, its time to find another catcher.

This has 07-08 collapse written all over it.

What on earth are you talking about? A month ago we were dead in the water and 5+ games out of the Wild Card, behind four teams. Then we play a great stretch of baseball and we're right there in it with 11 games to go.

This is NOTHING like 07 and 08, both years we had substantial leads heading into the final stretch. That is NOT the case this year.

Not even close to an apt comparison.

I still like our chances, but the margin for error has shrunk significantly. Giants still have four with the Dodgers, Cards still have three with the Cubs and three with the Pirates, who believe it or not, are still in this thing, so you know they'll bring it on the final weekend.

I think it goes without saying, but tonight feels like a must-win.

I felt a lot better 2 days ago...

Losing a Blair/Thor matchup, especially at home, is a killer. The good news is that we're probably going to miss Jose Fernandez next week. Win today would make me feel a lot better.

I felt a lot better 2 days ago...

Losing a Blair/Thor matchup, especially at home, is a killer. The good news is that we're probably going to miss Jose Fernandez next week. Win today would make me feel a lot better.

Wins make me feel good. Losses make me feel bad.

When your pinch hit for by Eric Cambpell, you know its bad. I am so tired of Darno, the guy is awful, its time to find another catcher.

I would have left Bruce in there. Yes, he's hitting .176 as a Met but Campbell was hitting .159 and was just back up from the minors. Bruce had the potential to tie the game up, much moreso than Campbell. And sluggers often break out of slumps with home runs. And now we have an unhappy player to deal with.

HakAttack said:
What on earth are you talking about? A month ago we were dead in the water and 5+ games out of the Wild Card, behind four teams. Then we play a great stretch of baseball and we're right there in it with 11 games to go. This is NOTHING like 07 and 08, both years we had substantial leads heading into the final stretch. That is NOT the case this year. Not even close to an apt comparison.

Collapse wasn't the right word, more like heartbreak. Losing to bad teams at home when we're in control of a playoff spot is similar to 07 and 08. I can easily see us losing to the Phillies the last game to knock us out.

Collapse wasn't the right word, more like heartbreak. Losing to bad teams at home when we're in control of a playoff spot is similar to 07 and 08. I can easily see us losing to the Phillies the last game to knock us out.

We have lost 5 straight games to the Braves at Citi Field, that is just inexcuseable.

I would have left Bruce in there. Yes, he's hitting .176 as a Met but Campbell was hitting .159 and was just back up from the minors. Bruce had the potential to tie the game up, much moreso than Campbell. And sluggers often break out of slumps with home runs. And now we have an unhappy player to deal with.

I mean I hate Eric Campbell but Jay Bruce against a lefty right now? I'm ok with it. He's got 6 homers in 160 PA against lefties all year. (Interestingly enough, his career homer rate is pretty close to the same against lefties and righties)

Kelly Johnson is a lefty who has no real platoon split, they could have used him there

I mean I hate Eric Campbell but Jay Bruce against a lefty right now? I'm ok with it. He's got 6 homers in 160 PA against lefties all year. (Interestingly enough, his career homer rate is pretty close to the same against lefties and righties)

Kelly Johnson is a lefty who has no real platoon split, they could have used him there

Terry should have pinch hit for Darno, I am just as likely to get an important hit as he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom