2016 NBA Draft Thread | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2016 NBA Draft Thread

It's amazing. 3 first round picks - I would have figured I'd be excited about at least one of them.

Congrats to Mali on the first round though.
Nobody wants to trade with Ainge. They all dared him to make picks. So he is taking stashes.
Don't get me started on Brown. He is such a bad pick at 3 I am pissed. He will be the least productive top 3 pick since Thabeet.

Danny Ainge blows so bad tonight.

Now I wish they traded for nerlens Noel as these picks suck. Even though that Noel trade wasn't enough it was better.
You know what's funny.. Apparently T'Wolves are in talks with Chicago to trade Kriss Dunn and some more for Jimmy Butler. Sounds like Chicago giving a big middle finger to Ainge.

when he decided to stay in the draft, he looked to be a 17-24 type. so nothing wrong with 22.

He went where he should have gone, I never thought he was a top ten pick or a lottery pick. 22 isn't a bad spot, I just wish he went to a better franchise.

You know what's funny.. Apparently T'Wolves are in talks with Chicago to trade Kriss Dunn and some more for Jimmy Butler. Sounds like Chicago giving a big middle finger to Ainge.
Wojo reported Butler isn't going anywhere and that the closest trade talks for Butler were with Boston.
They wanted Thomas, 3, 16, 23 and Ainge said no.

when he decided to stay in the draft, he looked to be a 17-24 type. so nothing wrong with 22.

I agree. I think it's a great outcome for him. But obviously somebody sold him on the idea that he was going higher than that.

Wojo reported Butler isn't going anywhere and that the closest trade talks for Butler were with Boston.
They wanted Thomas, 3, 16, 23 and Ainge said no.
Yes he said that about Celtics in previous days, but Wojo announced immediately after the Kriss Dunn pick that Chicago was interested with Minnesota. Bulls actually need a top talent/future PG. This could be in negotiation until signings.

I'm not blaming him-He just found out Demarcus Cousins will be his teammate. I'm just pointing how unhappy he looked.
He looked more overwhelmed by the moment to me. Perhaps he was thinking about all that has happened for him in a short period of time. But you're all free to interpret things the way you see it. I'm just happy for him.

People have been saying that these promises mean nothing, and noting is a lock when it comes to the draft, and some people in here didn't want to listen.

No, we just got tired of you saying twelve times a day in every thread possible. Even now you just can't let it go.

Malachi made a great decision to enter the draft. People have been saying he made a great decision, and some people in here didn't want to listen.

Another SU first round pick. We are a freakin NBA factory!

First 24 picks
- 8 freshman :
- 7 foreigners :
- 6 upperclassmen (4 seniors & 2 juniors)p :
- 3 sophomores

Its really not a good fit, I was hoping he would go to a better franchise.

For PT, it's a great fit. For winning, not so much.

I know. What I meant is that its hard to hide your unhappiness in that setting.

correction, 3 left in the green room.

Okay so where does Silent G end up in 2nd round? Atl to me would be a good fit for him.

My opinion but going to Sacramento gives him a shot at making the roster and getting PT. If he had gone to some other teams he very well could have landed in the D League.

Also, why isn't JB there? Tons of coaches are with their underclassmen.

The man's a legend and God's gift to Syracuse, but that's not a great look.
upload_2016-6-23_21-39-34.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom