2016 Yankees | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

It would be great if we posted most of our Yankees stuff in this thread this season.

Now we just need to get Cali to cooperate. :D
Not many posts in this topic so I'll use this one for a observation in today's game vsJays . Evoldi is pitching like an aceA-Rod inAA allows Beltran to get his rest and help the offense like he did today.Headley 's defense today was excellent including that bare hand grab and throw to Tex who still can't find the ball to hit. but his glove keeps him in the lineup while Joe hopes he wakes up at the plate. I noticed that a few players having problems with their front foot at the plate. Moving it to open or closing your stance in the middle of a pitch coming to the plate can throw off your swing. Everything at that moment is in a state of flux making it far more difficult to get a smooth swing lining up with the ball. If you move to further close your stance the outside pitch just becomes a swing and miss "Tex" If you must use that front foot for timing,move it towards the pitcher inline with the incoming pitch. You have a far better chance of getting a swing that goes through the flight of the ball. Meaning level on the same plain.

13-5 since losing that 10 inning game 1-0 in Baltimore.

Still not scoring a ton of runs, but the hitting has been timely and the bullpen has performed as advertised. Keep the train rolling.

Well they are at .500 now...which is bad news for CaliCuse and his many plans for blowing up the roster...if they keep this pace up, then there will be less need to trade some of the veteran players (Gardner, McCann, Beltran, etc.) away for prospects...

Tanaka: 3.24
Nova: 3.26
Sabathia: 3.41
Eovaldi: 3.91

I'll take those ERAs...

Pineda is the only outlier right now at 6.34...and if he keeps that up or gets worse...could he lose his spot to a prospect/the farm system?

Joe Girardi not ruling out a 6-man rotation once Severino is healthy.
Luis Severino to make rehab start at Tampa

I think it would be hard to justify removing Nova from the rotation right now...So it looks like Severino and Pineda will be competing for the fifth spot...

Wonder if this will affect the starters routines/preparations? Can understand the reasoning, giving them some rest...

Brian Cashman said Gary Sanchez has a "crack in his thumb." He said Sanchez is on his way to New York to get looked at by the team doctor.

Back to .500, baby.

I thought for certain the winning streak would be ended by a knuckleballer, since they ruin everything.

Toronto really looks lost right now. Donaldson sac bunting with guys on 1st and 2nd? I guess a shortstop beating up your slugger isn't good for morale. It won't last forever, that lineup is too good to slump for the long haul.

Tex out of lineup with flare up of neck pain. Ackley starting at 1st base.

I thought for certain the winning streak would be ended by a knuckleballer, since they ruin everything.

Toronto really looks lost right now. Donaldson sac bunting with guys on 1st and 2nd? I guess a shortstop beating up your slugger isn't good for morale. It won't last forever, that lineup is too good to slump for the long haul.

Their bull pen is atrocious, having allowed 48% of inherited runners to score - the worst in the AL.

It should be an interesting division to the end, with anyone capable of going on a nice sustained run or dropping back to earth with a thud. In the end, I think pitching and good health will win out. I like the Yanks in terms of their pitching and will just hold my breath on the health part.

I think the bad results from the starting pitching in April were an anomaly. The pitching is good enough to keep the team in contention.
But zTex is on yet another DL watch with his neck. He will come back and have a big month and make Cashman figure out if he is worth another contract or just QO and let him go for a draft pick. In this year's draft I'm guessing barring a great pick for a pitcher will concentrate on third base and maybe a first baseman to show with Greg Bird.

But zTex is on yet another DL watch with his neck. He will come back and have a big month and make Cashman figure out if he is worth another contract or just QO and let him go for a draft pick. In this year's draft I'm guessing barring a great pick for a pitcher will concentrate on third base and maybe a first baseman to show with Greg Bird.

No way would the Yankees resign Tex, just no

Bird will NOT start 2017 in the majors, not after missing all of 2016 with shoulder surgery.

The Yanks will need someone at 1st for most of the season.

I was worried they might try and re-sign him as Bird Insurance, particularly since Bird is coming off major surgery and wouldn't have played in over a year. I am less worried now with the start to the season Tex has had and his propensity for injury. Still, if he heats up some where along the way this year and had a decent season, I could see them offering a 1 or 2 year contract. Same with Beltran, who has said he's not looking to retire after this year.

Bird will NOT start 2017 in the majors, not after missing all of 2016 with shoulder surgery.

And Tex who hasnt played in more than 125 games in 5 years is the answer? I doubt he takes a 1 year deal, and that's at most what the Yankees would offer anyone

Last edited:

I don't know about that. Depends on the rehab. I think the Yanks would look at a utility player who can play 1B, rather than a guy who can only play 1B.

Of course, if Tex turns it around, stays healthy, finishes strong, who knows...

I was worried they might try and re-sign him as Bird Insurance, particularly since Bird is coming off major surgery and wouldn't have played in over a year. I am less worried now with the start to the season Tex has had and his propensity for injury. Still, if he heats up some where along the way this year and had a decent season, I could see them offering a 1 or 2 year contract. Same with Beltran, who has said he's not looking to retire after this year.

I see them signing someone like Kendrys Morales. He's 32 and in the last year of a 2 year contract. He'd be a negative defensively, but a positive offensively. Sign him to a 2 year contract and that'll give the Yankees time to see if Bird can be the real deal.

Sabathia: 7 IP, 0 ER, 7 SO, 1BB, 2 H...lowers ERA to 2.83...gets the loss and is 3-3...what a shame for the offense!!

Yankees wanted/needed their starters to do well and 4 out of the 5/6 of them are doing well...the offense is what could be the demise for this team this year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom