2016 Yankees | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

That's too bad. He got a hit going the opposite way his last at bat last night. I thought it might set him off on a tear. Actually, we really miss Bird. I hope he comes back healthy.
Thats the key along with his ability to shake off his long time away from the game and his batBTW Slade Heathcott is no longer a Yankee after his release. Booze and injuries killed his career unless he gets picked up by a horrible team as a gamble on the cheap I presume.

Gary Sanchez fractured his thumb in AAA, which sucks because he was killing it in May for Scranton, hitting .358 this month

Gary Sanchez fractured his thumb in AAA, which sucks because he was killing it in May for Scranton, hitting .358 this month
Aware of this and that they took Romine north for his glove no bat reputation. I know that Romine is starting to show more bat and his catching is superior but Ashman had better start emphasizing offense ingraft and tradesHe has a lot of excellent prospects in the system so he can easily afford to go for bats. Especially when Carlos leaves.Another first base candidate to compete with Bird and certainly a third baseman who can hit and field. Go for the best bat thats available when the pick is due

Aware of this and that they took Romine north for his glove no bat reputation. I know that Romine is starting to show more bat and his catching is superior but Ashman had better start emphasizing offense ingraft and tradesHe has a lot of excellent prospects in the system so he can easily afford to go for bats. Especially when Carlos leaves.Another first base candidate to compete with Bird and certainly a third baseman who can hit and field. Go for the best bat thats available when the pick is due

McCann could be an option to put at first next year while Bird comes back and Sanchez takes over catcher.

McCann could be an option to put at first next year while Bird comes back and Sanchez takes over catcher.
While thats a possibility I think its unlikely that McCann is moved to first from the catchers position

Last edited:
the infield makes too many throwing errors saved by Tex, for McCann to be at 1st next year, but good lord lets get through Memorial Day, then the 4th, then Labor Day, then the playoffs, till we start worrying about next year...

Severino comes back and stays in Scranton for a month or so till he gets his act together or the next DL stint for someone.

NY radio just killed ARod all day yesterday, wonder what theyre saying now...

[The Yankees are being forced to make a big decision regarding Pineda He has been terrible with a few minor outings. He fails to improve this season and I'm guessing that Ashman is already shopping him aroundNow whether its a smart idea can only be determined after any deal consummated by the GM.

No way would the Yankees resign Tex, just no

God I hope not. He was part of that haul that got the 2009 ring, played good is first few years, now is a walking injury. Thanks for the memories and don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

Go back to your own thread...this is Yankees only...;)
Speaking of "Yankees only"We have two quality pitchers suffering frumpier pitching under Larry Fairchild Pineda and Severino.. Evolve has crossed the line from fair to very good. This somewhat important seeing that the other two have been unexpectedly poor this year.

It would be great if we posted most of our Yankees stuff in this thread this season.

Now we just need to get Cali to cooperate. :D
It would be a lot easier if there were posts to respond or add to. Tagging whats here isn't easy. so I'll say this about Andrew Miller. DON'T TRADE HIM! Keep the three pitchers to gather. When you consider injuries and crap outings having these guys in the bullpen is amazing.\\ The exception is if the return is a huge piece of offense

It would be a lot easier if there were posts to respond or add to. Tagging whats here isn't easy. so I'll say this about Andrew Miller. DON'T TRADE HIM! Keep the three pitchers to gather. When you consider injuries and crap outings having these guys in the bullpen is amazing.\\ The exception is if the return is a huge piece of offense
Cali, my point was just to post all the Yankee related stuff here in one thread. It seems to be working, as there are now close to 300 posts here. You already know how to respond to an existing post because you just did it. If you have a new thought, just add it at the bottom of the thread.

Cali, my point was just to post all the Yankee related stuff here in one thread. It seems to be working, as there are now close to 300 posts here. You already know how to respond to an existing post because you just did it. If you have a new thought, just add it at the bottom of the thread.
I understand the"point and i'll try to follow this advice.

With guys like Sanchez, Judge and Bird a year or so away, you need to get some starting pitching to go with it. Tanaka is solid if/when he's healthy. Severino should be solid. I'm not sure about Pineda or Eovaldi, so I hope there are some arms coming up. Overall though, there's reason for optimism.
As a registered geezer I always has a player that was exciting to watch. My favorites were Mickey and ZRoger. I was a Maris fan before his mercurial run in 1961. Then it became Derek Jeter. At this time there just isn't a player in there that excites me. Brett is the closest but he looks at too many called strike threes. Maybe there is a farm hand coming up in my lifetime nobody now comes close. Pitchers are to be appreciated IMHO in a different kind of way. The Yankees or Ashman has failed to consider the excitement factor for the lineup Joe puts together!

John Sterling is not off to a good start this season. I will confess that I have disliked him since he started doing games for the Yankees in 1989, but I have always felt that he is a competent announcer (even with all of his premature home run calls). For the most part, he has made me feel like I know what is happening on the field. As a failed former radio guy, I envy his talents and his amazing set of pipes.

His play-by-play abilities have declined gradually in recent years and now, this season he is a mess. I'm not sure if it is due to off-season rust, his eye sight, or his brain working more slowly, but he is making constant mistakes. He is not a professional level play-by-play guy right now. If he continues at this rate, I think CBS Radio/Yankees will have to make a change before the end of the season.

I don't post this to pile on the guy. I take no pleasure in watching old age rob someone of his or her abilities.
I can relate to this.

Yankees PR Dept. ‏@YankeesPR
ROSTER MOVES: The Yankees placed INF Dustin Ackley on the 15-day D.L. with a right shoulder dislocation, recalled INF Rob Refsnyder from Triple-A Scranton/WB and reinstated RHP Luis Severino from the 15-day D.L. and optioned him to Scranton/WB.

God I hope not. He was part of that haul that got the 2009 ring, played good is first few years, now is a walking injury. Thanks for the memories and don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.
Resigning him may not happen but the best way to go is give him a QO and let him sign elsewhere for a draft pick If they get real lucky he might go to a poor team that gives the Yanks a higher pick in the draft. At some point they might be able to pick and sign one of those golden boysllike a Trout or Harper. A player that can carry a team for a while with his bat. Yes I know those kind only come with a number one pick but there have been some quality players that slip to the lower picks. It happens every year. Your scouts just have to be on top of those available players.

Yankees PR Dept. ‏@YankeesPR
ROSTER MOVES: The Yankees placed INF Dustin Ackley on the 15-day D.L. with a right shoulder dislocation, recalled INF Rob Refsnyder from Triple-A Scranton/WB and reinstated RHP Luis Severino from the 15-day D.L. and optioned him to Scranton/WB.
Now they are saying Ackley tore his labrum and could require surgery. Won't be back anytime soon. Greg Bird out for the year already with similar issue.

Now they are saying Ackley tore his labrum and could require surgery. Won't be back anytime soon. Greg Bird out for the year already with similar issue.
I thinkI heard mention that Refsynder has been called up. As an aside, I think those two server behind home plate today are both hotties. The tall bleached blond is kind of cute as is the black hair bun top in a black dress.Something to enjoy between pitches.

I thinkI heard mention that Refsynder has been called up. As an aside, I think those two server behind home plate today are both hotties. The tall bleached blond is kind of cute as is the black hair bun top in a black dress.Something to enjoy between pitches.
You have a good eye for talent.

You have a good eye for talent.
hey its fun to pickup the talent in the stands. Everyone in a while there is a super back there and they deserve their share of attention

Unfortunately the Yankees have had this issue for a while. It has been a while since I haven't been too worried about injuries.
They are making up for lost time in the injury departmentt.Ackley isn't exactly a huge loss because his bat While were on the subject of bats and hitting. No team is going to the WS with a number of players hitting below .250. I don't see the plus side of Aaron Hicks yet.and I'seeing Didi upper cutting again. Last season he leved of his swing and THEN began to contribute with his bat. He is never going to be a power hitter but he could elevate his BÅ to the 275+ range . At SS thats good. If he becomes consistent he could find a home at third base allowing Mateo to be elevated when his time seems right. He has excellent defense credentials and is a master base stealer. The Yanks have other infielders doing well in the farm system.

Agreed...not even sure if the Yankees have a true ace. Tanaka would be the closest, but there are enough teams out there that he would not be the ace if on that team...he has 100% proved yes that he is an ace...he has the tools and has shown at time that he can be...but not consistent enough.
What the Yankees don't have is a rookie in the daily lineup and don't say Refsynder who is only up because Ackely fell victim to the DL for the year now. If Reffy stays up for the season he would qualify but this remains to be seen.

What the Yankees don't have is a rookie in the daily lineup and don't say Refsynder who is only up because Ackely fell victim to the DL for the year now. If Reffy stays up for the season he would qualify but this remains to be seen.
well, if refsnyder hits .190, he'll just be 1 of the boys.

and if he hits .250, he might be our rep for the ASG.

well, if refsnyder hits .190, he'll just be 1 of the boys.

and if he hits .250, he might be our rep for the ASG.
Keeping Ref away from right hand pitchers isn't helping anyone. They must see him against all kinds of pitchers It for damn sure that the players normally on the field suck at the plate when any kind of pitcher is throwing the ball to their catchers. The new goldenly AaronHicks isn't anywhere near valuable besides his throwing arm from the outfield. Personally I'm sick of Teixiera' annual slow start OK great glove and when he gets into a "groove he hits long balls.Elsbury seems to choke with RISP.Castro sits today because he has caught norunitis plague of the NY YankeesOH& BTW Nothing is more out dated than "Those DamnYankees. The damn draft has robbed the fan base across this country to hate the Yankees and THAT has hurt the game as well as our team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom