2016 Yankees | Page 23 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Unless the Yankees sweep this weekend's series, I think Cashman starts pulling the trigger on these deals on Monday. Although they are seemingly playing pretty well, they are only 9 - 8 in July. That winning percentage is not good enough moving forward to get the 2nd wild card.

Unless the Yankees sweep this weekend's series, I think Cashman starts pulling the trigger on these deals on Monday. Although they are seemingly playing pretty well, they are only 9 - 8 in July. That winning percentage is not good enough moving forward to get the 2nd wild card.

I agree...They really need to look to the near future...trade whomever they can to get high level/MLB ready prospects...

More than Cashman's call, he wants to sell, Hal and Randy do not

wait to the last minute. Between the Nats, Cubs, and Giants one of them will get desperate and overpay for Chapman, Beltran, or Miller.

Looks like Chapman is a goner...

I can understand Chapman because he is a free agent at the end of the year. Miller I don't understand. He would be their closer if Chapman is gone.

I can understand Chapman because he is a free agent at the end of the year. Miller I don't understand. He would be their closer if Chapman is gone.

I'm not a huge fan of moving Miller either. But I can understand putting him out there to see if you can get a Hershel Walker type deal. But given that he's under a reasonable contract for 2 more years, moving him tells me they don't feel they can compete for a WS for a couple years and it's all about setting up for 2019.

I'm not a huge fan of moving Miller either. But I can understand putting him out there to see if you can get a Hershel Walker type deal. But given that he's under a reasonable contract for 2 more years, moving him tells me they don't feel they can compete for a WS for a couple years and it's all about setting up for 2019.
Miller is the one chip they have that could bring back several elite young players who can potentially become fixtures in the lineup and/or rotation. As great as he is right now, he can be replaced.

Miller is the one chip they have that could bring back several elite young players who can potentially become fixtures in the lineup and/or rotation. As great as he is right now, he can be replaced.

You could get something for Chapman, Papelbon just blew another save, Wash needs a bp arm.

You could get something for Chapman, Papelbon just blew another save, Wash needs a bp arm.
At most, you'll get one top prospect for a two month rental of Chapman. If you want to restock/rebuild in a hurry, you move Miller. But you can also do that after the season, as he's under contract through 2018 and will still be very attractive to many teams.

FWIW, just saw this on rotoworld, posted After the game today:
"
Steinbrenner hasn't OK'd selling just yet. The Aroldis Chapman rumors have been swirling, but it doesn't appear Steinbrenner is ready to give up on the season just yet with the Yanks having won six of their last eight games to pull within shouting distance of a Wild Card spot. Ultimately, it would be hard to see the Bombers not selling, but perhaps it will depend on how they play this week. The Nationals, Cubs and Indians look like the three favorites to land Chapman."

FWIW, just saw this on rotoworld, posted After the game today:
"
Steinbrenner hasn't OK'd selling just yet. The Aroldis Chapman rumors have been swirling, but it doesn't appear Steinbrenner is ready to give up on the season just yet with the Yanks having won six of their last eight games to pull within shouting distance of a Wild Card spot. Ultimately, it would be hard to see the Bombers not selling, but perhaps it will depend on how they play this week. The Nationals, Cubs and Indians look like the three favorites to land Chapman."
They can deal Chapman, get back a nice prospect for the future, and still contend. Might as well, just make sure you send him to the NL. I don't think you can deal Beltran and contend, because he's the only source of power in this offense, and I'm not sure he would bring much of value back anyway.

Looks like another young SS added to the mix... Baseball America has him as #27 prospect midseason, Mateo at 19. Whoever ends up with the most errors gets moved.

No problem moving Chapman but whats the rush? Let the week play out and see who gets more desperate or if this team wins 4 or 5 or something. Still think trading Miller would be a mistake, however.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom