2016 Yankees | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

And if we re-sign Chapman for next season...?

Unfortunately those trade and "will sign you in the offseason" moves rarely works out ie Lester, Cespedes etc. Not a fan at all of this move. Miller is just to good with to many years left on a very reasonable deal. If he was signed through 2017 or just the end of this year I could understand but he's locked up through 2018. It seems they got a nice haul of course but I'm still very much against this move

LHP Justus Sheffield
OF Clint Frazier
RHP Ben Heller
RHP J.P. Feyereisen

Jack Curry ‏@JackCurryYES
W Chapman/Miller deals, Yanks have 7 in BaseballAmerica top 100:Mateo, Torres, Frazier, Sheffield, Judge, Sanchez,Kaprielian

Yankees trade Andrew Miller to Cleveland

According to Buster Olney, the Yankees will get the Indians' top prospect, outfielder Clint Frazier as the headline piece of the deal. Frazier is currently ranked No. 21 overall in Baseball America's list of the Top 100 Prospects in all of baseball. That's two spots behind Jorge Mateo and six spots ahead of Gleyber Torres. MLB Pipeline ranks Frazier 24th overall, two spots ahead of Torres and three ahead of Mateo.

This is from MLB Pipeline's scouting report:Frazier's bat speed and raw power are among the best in the Minor Leagues and suggest the ceiling of an All-Star. Though he struggled to harness his aggressive approach and recognize spin early in his career, Frazier has developed into a more complete hitter as he's climbed the Minor League ladder, with strikeout and walk rates that continue to trend in a positive direction.

Also expected to be a part of the deal is left-handed starting pitcher Justus Sheffield. He came in No. 69 on Baseball America's top 100 and No. 95 on MLB Pipeline's.

From the MLB Pipeline scouting report: Sheffield shows the makings of an above-average three-pitch mix. He's hit 96 mph with his fastball but usually sits in the 92-93 mph range with late, arm-side life and some sink. His curveball flashes plus and projects as a swing-and-miss offering at the highest level, and he made strides developing his changeup in 2015. A good athlete with a clean and repeatable delivery, Sheffield floods the zone with all his pitches but needs to improve the quality of his strikes.

Yankees trade Andrew Miller to Cleveland

According to Buster Olney, the Yankees will get the Indians' top prospect, outfielder Clint Frazier as the headline piece of the deal. Frazier is currently ranked No. 21 overall in Baseball America's list of the Top 100 Prospects in all of baseball. That's two spots behind Jorge Mateo and six spots ahead of Gleyber Torres. MLB Pipeline ranks Frazier 24th overall, two spots ahead of Torres and three ahead of Mateo.

This is from MLB Pipeline's scouting report:Frazier's bat speed and raw power are among the best in the Minor Leagues and suggest the ceiling of an All-Star. Though he struggled to harness his aggressive approach and recognize spin early in his career, Frazier has developed into a more complete hitter as he's climbed the Minor League ladder, with strikeout and walk rates that continue to trend in a positive direction.

Also expected to be a part of the deal is left-handed starting pitcher Justus Sheffield. He came in No. 69 on Baseball America's top 100 and No. 95 on MLB Pipeline's.

From the MLB Pipeline scouting report: Sheffield shows the makings of an above-average three-pitch mix. He's hit 96 mph with his fastball but usually sits in the 92-93 mph range with late, arm-side life and some sink. His curveball flashes plus and projects as a swing-and-miss offering at the highest level, and he made strides developing his changeup in 2015. A good athlete with a clean and repeatable delivery, Sheffield floods the zone with all his pitches but needs to improve the quality of his strikes.
I guess it makes sense. Been asking for this all along. Just tough to see players you get attached to get traded. Such as baseball.

Sell all u can now.

They will eat Arod next year too.

I'd love see them trade somebody and make them take Arod as part of the deal.

In return I'll take 2 cracked bats and a taped ball.

But seriously, Beltran can't be far behind them at the airport.

My interest this season died when Bird got hurt. Trade all the older guys and get young. Cut Tex and ARod if you have to. See what the young guys can do, and supplement that core in the off season.

I like this trade even more knowing that Justus Sheffield is related to Gary Sheffield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom