2016 Yankees | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

debating on whether or not I should say here that Girardi, when on with Francesa yesterday, basically said that Kaprielian could help the team this year.

whoops..

My observations of this very young season...

1. Starting pitching - not getting it done. This is definitely the weakest part of the team.
2. Bullpen - getting it done. The strongest part of the team, but at this rate will be burned out by the AS break.
3. Lineup - it is what it is. This lineup is going to limp through for another year or two until the big contracts of the old guys expire...then I expect a good youth infusion, which has already started to an extent. The young guys are getting it done, the old guys aren't.

Yes, the small sample panic has fortunately not spread to this thread, at least not yet.
lose tonight?

and its on...

I never panic until after Earth Day.

Ummm...it is Earth Day...so panic starts for you tomorrow?

I am not panicking...my expectations were low this year for this team...the Yanks are rebuilding...am looking forward to 2017 or 2018..

Ummm...it is Earth Day...so panic starts for you tomorrow?

I am not panicking...my expectations were low this year for this team...the Yanks are rebuilding...am looking forward to 2017 or 2018..
Nah, not really. This team has the pieces to run off a nice long streak of winning baseball. It will happen soon, and I still believe they will contend for a playoff spot this season.

I'm close, not quite there yet. At some point would like to see some of the young prospects showcase what they can do. Scranton plays the Chiefs tonight in Syracuse. Not gonna be able to make it tonight unfortunately. Wouldn't mind seeing Judge, Sanchez and Nick Swisher play.

Nah, not really. This team has the pieces to run off a nice long streak of winning baseball. It will happen soon, and I still believe they will contend for a playoff spot this season.
I think so too, but getting swept at home by the freakin A's didn't embolden my confidence.

--double digit blow out but this is no indication that everything is AOK.Cashman needs to find a 3rd baseman in a trade or the farm that can handle the bat with consistency to a .280+ batting average and the ability to put extra base hits in the proper columns.It seems like Jacoby is starting his geezer slide earlier that might have been expected.

Had to laugh the other night when Ma and Pa Yankee were talking about how it's so hard to hit when the weather is so cold (like they would know), and as soon as it starts warming up the bats will too. This is an affliction that only affects the Yankees however as other teams seem to do ok hitting with runners in scoring position and actually getting hits and scoring runs when there are 2 outs.

I also wonder what they do in Spring Training. The pitchers don't get stretched out enough and hit the wall by the 5th inning early in the season every year. Base running is atrocious. Simple fundamentals (like moving a runner from second to third with no outs) are lacking. Suzyn was talking about Headley taking 2 extra hours of batting practice the other night in order to get on track. What was he doing during Spring Training besides working on his tan?

Meanwhile, Beltran is getting it done, so extend him next year and block Judge. Same for Tex, because you can't take a chance that Bird is fully recovered.

Bryce Harper? I fully expect to see him playing in Yankee Stadium. For the Red Sox.

Last edited:
I hope Headley's contract is up this year. He sucks. What is Tampa's secret to generating all those pitchers. I wish they would tell the Yankees.

-- This would be Nick Swisher but I would like to see a kid get a bit of looks upon the big team. Judge comes to mind. If the Yanks have another player that excels on defense then fine brig HIM upBut remember the Yankees need offense. They need to bring in a potential high BA player if they have one.

Kaprielian. He is doing well and is being hyped by Hal Steinbrenner Kap is on the so called "fast track".CC hasn't been a good thing yet for the Yanks and they will only go so far with him. I see Nova as a trade by deadline this season for a third baseman that can give them something consistently. CC is untraceable now so they will carry him until he retires.

CaliCuse said:
-- This would be Nick Swisher but I would like to see a kid get a bit of looks upon the big team. Judge comes to mind. If the Yanks have another player that excels on defense then fine brig HIM upBut remember the Yankees need offense. They need to bring in a potential high BA player if they have one.

Swisher had 3 hits today vs the Syracuse Chiefs. But I wasn't impressed by the farm team this weekend. Poor fielding, pitchers walk too many batters, and no pop in the bats. Chiefs swept a 3 game series.

Swisher had 3 hits today vs the Syracuse Chiefs. But I wasn't impressed by the farm team this weekend. Poor fielding, pitchers walk too many batters, and no pop in the bats. Chiefs swept a 3 game series.

Most of the Yankees best prospects outside of Judge are all in double AA and below. With Bird out for the year and Severino obviously up for the full year there isn't as much in Triple AAA as there has been the last few years.

JeremyCuse said:
Most of the Yankees best prospects outside of Judge are all in double AA and below. With Bird out for the year and Severino obviously up for the full year there isn't as much in Triple AAA as there has been the last few years.

Yea, I was surprised at the lack of talent. Maybe second half of the season they'll bring some of the kids up from AA.

Their farm system has improved but not enough to make a big difference yet for the MLB level of the franchise but there are a few that will play in the majors soon enough. e. g. Mateo, Judge, and Kaprielian and maybe a couple others in the lower ranks.

Yea, I was surprised at the lack of talent. Maybe second half of the season they'll bring some of the kids up from AA.

The yankees have done a pretty good job with developing pitchers the last few years Betances, Nova, Severino, and a bunch of good quality relievers, position players on the other hand have been mostly a disappointment. They seem to finally have some legit guys with Judge, Mateo, and the kid playing third right now in Triple A but the best guys like Kaprelian and a few others haven't reached the upper levels yet. As y0u noted by August I think you will see a lot of new faces up there.

if Arod goes on the DL, I see them bringing up Swisher to keep Tex healthy at 1st. then they will DFA him and try to trade him somewhere.

where he will inevitably hit a homerun to help his team make the playoffs and hurt the Yankees chances later this year.

if Arod goes on the DL, I see them bringing up Swisher to keep Tex healthy at 1st. then they will DFA him and try to trade him somewhere.

where he will inevitably hit a homerun to help his team make the playoffs and hurt the Yankees chances later this year.
Hicks is hurt too. Swisher likely gets the call up, does relatively well and beats his June 15 deadline. I wouldn't be surprised to see him stick beyond this year, so they can break Bird in slowly next year as Tex's replacement (assuming they don't resign Tex).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom