2016 Yankees | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Now that Cali has found this, let the good times roll...
It don't look like there are going to be many "good times for the yankee fans this year. Expect some major changes. Even Joe G might be included along with Eating contracts in order to get out of Çashman's wrecking ball. I think thats old and costly as well. Bit the bullet and get rid of A-Hole and his +40years old body regardless of his occasional home run.Ellsbury whose contributions might be filled by just about any decent farm kid that can field very well.

It don't look like there are going to be many "good times for the yankee fans this year. Expect some major changes. Even Joe G might be included along with Eating contracts in order to get out of Çashman's wrecking ball. I think thats old and costly as well. Bit the bullet and get rid of A-Hole and his +40years old body regardless of his occasional home run.Ellsbury whose contributions might be filled by just about any decent farm kid that can field very well.

The Boss may have been willing to eat some of these contracts...the kids though are much more fiscally conscious than dad and probably wouldn't unless they have absolutely no other options.

How do you "get rid" of A-Rod?

Pay him $42 million to sit home?

The Boss may have been willing to eat some of these contracts...the kids though are much more fiscally conscious than dad and probably wouldn't unless they have absolutely no other options.
Its a good point but they would recoup those losses if the team starts playing like the NY yankees are expected to play. In short its called "priming the pump. get rid of Headley and go down in the farm and find a kid. I always wonder when these vets who are failing,just how'd in comparison would a young player have to be. They have a few kids down there who can help. The team is being inundated facing lefty pitchers . Bring up Judge and let him
play. Defensively he is an improvement over Beltran andHicks has been a total What. Castro has been a very good addition to the team but one position isn't going to change this team. The corner outfield and infield positions are regarded as prime offensive potential. Tex is swinging for the fences when a simple base hit would drive in runs. I fully expect this bunch will break out for some double digit blow out any day now and then will settle back to this level once again.

Not to mentioning the guy leading the team in home runs. Cali doesn't get it.
He hits a few but his contract has been and will always be Cashman'sresponsibility in handcuffing the payroll. You can say I don't "get it" but the fact is its you.

He hits a few but his contract has been and will always be Cashman'sresponsibility in handcuffing the payroll. You can say I don't "get it" but the fact is its you.

You do realize that Cashman didn't want to sign A-rod after he opted out right? Arod negotiated directly with the steinbrenners and the deal was signed despite Cashman's objections. Arod is the least of the Yankees issues.

According to rotoworld , A-rod now on disabled list and they called up left hand pitcher James Pazos. I would have tried to bring a young bat or swisher up. Pitchers are important but we can't score runs!

According to rotoworld , A-rod now on disabled list and they called up left hand pitcher James Pazos. I would have tried to bring a young bat or swisher up. Pitchers are important but we can't score runs!

Yes, he has been placed on the 15 day DL. Don't know about Pazos...maybe bring him up to replace Nova and have Nova start a bit?

hes up because they have no freakin clue what to do.

and since the bullpen is getting 5+ innings a night, bring up another arm...pitch him...then send him back down.

they just bought themselves some time.

You do realize that Cashman didn't want to sign A-rod after he opted out right? Arod negotiated directly with the steinbrenners and the deal was signed despite Cashman's objections. Arod is the least of the Yankees issues.
OK Cashman may have objected,if what you say is true, but Cash has tied up the payroll enough all by himself with his geezer another signings. its one thing to spend money like the old Yankees but the need to win is part of the deal. Th frm system was long ignored but now its coming into productive players if given sufficient opportunityI still think that Refsynder will be a productive player but probably not for the Yankees and who knows ifJudge will make the year in the system if Cash get desperate. Beltran and CC look to retire hopefully and open up the pathways for the youth.

OK Cashman may have objected,if what you say is true, but Cash has tied up the payroll enough all by himself with his geezer another signings. its one thing to spend money like the old Yankees but the need to win is part of the deal. Th frm system was long ignored but now its coming into productive players if given sufficient opportunityI still think that Refsynder will be a productive player but probably not for the Yankees and who knows ifJudge will make the year in the system if Cash get desperate. Beltran and CC look to retire hopefully and open up the pathways for the youth.
cashman was so upset with the steinbrenners for signing Arod...he jumped out of an airplane.

unfortunately the pillow case he had stuffed over his end in an attempt to also smother himself, acted as a cheap parachute and he ended up only breaking both ankles.

steinbrenners havnt had the balls to fire him since this act.

You can't blame Cash for Arod, but you sure can blame him for Ellsbury, Headley, and an inability to develop position players in the minors.

You can't blame Cash for Arod, but you sure can blame him for Ellsbury, Headley, and an inability to develop position players in the minors.
Absolutely. What got me is they denied cano the deal he wanted only to go sign Ellsbury to a long term deal. I'd much rather have cano than Ellsbury. (I realize the contract terms were not identical in $ and years , but they were both high paying -long term. )

DLsburry is a horrendous signing.

headley is turning out that way.

DLsburry is a horrendous signing.

headley is turning out that way.

It's making me worry about the next round of horrible signings, once Tex, CC, Beltran come off the books this year, and knowing there's only one more year on ARod.

I'm just glad they stayed out of the 7 years for an over 30 starting pitcher sweepstakes. That part of the market has to correct itself at some point soon.

I could care less about the money, it's not mine. But those extra years of just sucking up space on the bench. Killer.

cashman was so upset with the steinbrenners for signing Arod...he jumped out of an airplane.

unfortunately the pillow case he had stuffed over his end in an attempt to also smother himself, acted as a cheap parachute and he ended up only breaking both ankles.

steinbrenners havnt had the balls to fire him since this act.
I can't believe there are no other candidates qualified to be the Yankees GM. Thats ridiculous.

Man, if anyone is thinking Swisher is the guy to turn this offense around...

Literally and statistically, no. My thinking was that swisher is a positive , fun player who , based on my observations, was well liked in the clubhouse. I thought he could just help spark the team. Jmo. Who would you have liked to seen get called up?

Yankees offense explodes for 7 runs and CC pitches 7.0 shutout innings. Ellsbury has three hits and 2 SBs. McCann 3 RBIs.

Sabathia's ERA is 3.81, which is really not bad considering expectations for him prior to the season.

Don't know how much longer they can keep playing Hicks...0-4 dropping his average to .067. It will take quite a few hits just to get him back within range of the Mendoza Line...

I think the two main position players on the Hot Seat are Hicks and Headley.

Yankees offense explodes for 7 runs and CC pitches 7.0 shutout innings. Ellsbury has three hits and 2 SBs. McCann 3 RBIs.

Sabathia's ERA is 3.81, which is really not bad considering expectations for him prior to the season.

Don't know how much longer they can keep playing Hicks...0-4 dropping his average to .067. It will take quite a few hits just to get him back within range of the Mendoza Line...

last night was great. tonight is obviously very important too.

I would still give headley a little time, but hicks...damn.

great arm, but...

Meanwhile Stephen Drew was overheard saying, "And you guys thought I couldn't hit..."

Meanwhile Stephen Drew was overheard saying, "And you guys thought I couldn't hit..."
yesterdays Post kicked me in the nuts...

Prado and Phelps for Evoldi, Garret Jones and a minor leaguer.

just phelps makes that a good trade, throwing in Prado makes it highway robbery.

According to reports Swisher's legs are gone. Of course if he is hitting the ball out of the park then he can hobble around the bases BUT he can't do that. On the base paths he is a liability like me when I was playing the game. "Lumbering"would have been a kind description.

Literally and statistically, no. My thinking was that swisher is a positive , fun player who , based on my observations, was well liked in the clubhouse. I thought he could just help spark the team. Jmo. Who would you have liked to seen get called up?
Swisher was the quiztescential clubhouse teammate. Maybe his personality would wake up the team. Its a possibility!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom