2016 Yankees | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

Swisher was the quiztescential clubhouse teammate. Maybe his personality would wake up the team. Its a possibility!
You never know. Maybe you call up Swisher, he puts itching powder in Severino's shorts and gives Headley a hot foot, and the whole damn season turns around.

You never know. Maybe you call up Swisher, he puts itching powder in Severino's shorts and gives Headley a hot foot, and the whole damn season turns around.

So the pitchers start throwing the ball like they are throwing at Swish's head and they start hitting the ball like it's his head? Makes sense to me...

yesterdays Post kicked me in the nuts...

Prado and Phelps for Evoldi, Garret Jones and a minor leaguer.

just phelps makes that a good trade, throwing in Prado makes it highway robbery.
Eovaldi still has a potentially high ceiling. He was actually pretty dominate in the second half of last season. Of course the clock is ticking for him to figure it out.

I don't see Phelps ever being more than a sixth starter/middle reliever. Prado is a good player, but if Eovaldi ever gets it together, the Yankees won't regret that trade.

Last edited:
Eovaldi still has a potentially high ceiling. He was actually pretty dominate in the second half of last season. Of course the clock is ticking for him to figure it out.

I don't see Phelps ever being more than a sixth starter/middle reliever. Prado is a good player, but if Eovaldi is ever gets it together, the Yankees won't regret that trade.
its possible that Evoldi gets it, I had/have high hopes for him. but that clock is getting shorter.

Prado is just a perfect player, INF & OF...and professional hitter.

personally, ive always been a fan of the Phelps/Warren type guys...Mendoza spoiled me.

Roster Moves: Prior to tonight's game, the Yankees recalled OF Ben Gamel from Scranton/WB and optioned LHP James Pazos to Scranton/WB

Really wish DLsbury didn't throw that with his right hand there...

Really wish DLsbury didn't throw that with his right hand there...

Quick question: Wouldn't you want your OFs, especially your CF, to have at least a decent arm? That throw was lame!

So now the Yankees have two players hitting under .100, Ackley and Hicks...Runner on 2nd, top of the 10th, 2 outs, Ackley is up...of course it's obvious what happened next: Strike Out...Why not PH for Ackley there, unless there wasn't anyone left on the bench...which I think is a worse mistake than not bringing Miller in to start the 10th...

Edit: Also, why do you PH Headley, hitting .151 for Torreyes who is hitting .346?

Last edited:
So now the Yankees have two players hitting under .100, Ackley and Hicks...Runner on 2nd, top of the 10th, 2 outs, Ackley is up...of course it's obvious what happened next: Strike Out...Why not PH for Ackley there, unless there wasn't anyone left on the bench...which I think is a worse mistake than not bringing Miller in to start the 10th...

Edit: Also, why do you PH Headley, hitting .151 for Torreyes who is hitting .346?
Short bench. Gardner could only pinch run because of his elbow, you don't want to /can't pinch hit Romine the backup catcher. Only choice would have been the rookie Gamel outfielder who they called up yesterday. I would not have pinch hit Headley either. Completely agree on the 10th. Or bring Betances back out-he's gonna sit today anyway because Girardi refuses to use pitchers three days in a row. Said he didn't want to overwork him. What are you saving him for? Yankees are 9-17 and 7 games out. I know its early, just venting frustrations. I just wish Girardi managed games sometimes with his gut and instinct rather that what the books or matchups indicate. What would make him think Headley is suddenly gonna get a great hit? If I heard correctly, he does not have an extra base hit all year. Torreyes has been hitting the ball very well. End of rant. :)
Boston at the stadium tonight!

im ok with no miller to start, if he gets out of the 10th, we are going to see Barbosa or whoever anyway.

they had to push a run across at some point, good lord frustrating.

and back to DLsbury come on man, that was with his wrong arm right??

makes me long for the good ole days of johnny damon's arm in CF.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2016/05/yankees_cc_sabathia_hurt_what_it_means.html

new_coke.jpg

Short bench. Gardner could only pinch run because of his elbow, you don't want to /can't pinch hit Romine the backup catcher. Only choice would have been the rookie Gamel outfielder who they called up yesterday. I would not have pinch hit Headley either. Completely agree on the 10th. Or bring Betances back out-he's gonna sit today anyway because Girardi refuses to use pitchers three days in a row. Said he didn't want to overwork him. What are you saving him for? Yankees are 9-17 and 7 games out. I know its early, just venting frustrations. I just wish Girardi managed games sometimes with his gut and instinct rather that what the books or matchups indicate. What would make him think Headley is suddenly gonna get a great hit? If I heard correctly, he does not have an extra base hit all year. Torreyes has been hitting the ball very well. End of rant. :)
Boston at the stadium tonight!
I know Torre seemed to phone it in his last couple of years with the Yankees, but he always went with his gut and he always got a call up in the game the first day.

CC is now on that list with a groin pull. Coke up to fill the spot. How long before Tex and Carlos join him there. Of course we have Ellsbury who spends time there every year.

Thats what happens when you have an older team like the Yankees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom