2016 Yankees | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

2016 Yankees

ROSTER MOVES: The @Yankees have recalled RHP Conor Mullee from Triple-A Scranton/WB and optioned RHP Kirby Yates to Scranton/WB.

Hitting three batters in the Top of the 9th will get you a ticket to Scranton.
True and the next step is DFA and free agency.A trade is practically impossible unless he is a "throw in."

What would you do ?
I feel a bit silly answering this after last night, but I suppose one game shouldn't influence my thinking. My inclination would be to buy. I would hope that the buying would be done in a responsible and creative way that it wouldn't completely sacrifice the future. The randomness of the postseason makes me want to seize the opportunity to just get in.

Recent history with Yankee prospects (I don't actually know if the Yankees success rate is worse than other teams) makes it difficult for me to have faith that any prospects will turn-out to be great. I am almost inclined to trade them while they are at peak value (i.e., before they fail in the majors). People often view trading prospects as reckless, but holding on to an unproven commodity is also a risk. The prospects that one intends to rebuild with, may not turn out to be better than one's current roster.

Last edited:
I feel a bit silly answering this after last night, but I suppose one game shouldn't influence my thinking. My inclination would be to buy. I would hope that the buying would be done in a responsible and creative way that it wouldn't completely sacrifice the future. The randomness of the postseason makes me want to seize the opportunity to just get in.

Recent history with Yankee prospects (I don't actually know if the Yankees success rate is worse than other teams) makes it difficult for me to have faith that any prospects will turn-out to be great. I am almost inclined to trade them while they are at peak value (i.e., before they fail in the majors). People often view trading prospects as reckless, but holding on to an unproven commodity is also a risk. The prospects that one intends to rebuild with, may not turn out to be better than one's current roster.
Presuming failure is the exact problem that Cashmanthinks. Not everyone will come out of the system Like a Jeter or Mantle.We shouldn't expect super stars. We should want and look for capable and improving youth. I think that Refsynder is a perfect example. He has come up hit and played first base with few days to learn the basic.He was played second base and the outfield. I want to see Judge come up and play right field. His power potential is off the charts. He has a howitzer for an arm AND has to be better than Hicks at the plate. I think the real big failure at this time is not having signed Rutherford who was a top ten prospect in the draft. It looks like he is going to attenUCLA. Fork up the $ and get him in the system.Ellsbury is fading fast He is no longer a factor by stealing bases. He doesn't even try anymore. The Yanks must find them selves a CFer.

You didn't miss it, the Yankees just announced it.
It was a classic deception operation by Cali(Cashman). Lead everyone to believe that the prospect has decided to go to college while secretly dotting the "i"s and crossing the "t"s on the contract. If he can fool us, then fooling the Dead Sux is child's play. :cool:

Ok...I am going to be that guy...I don't think the Yanks are going to make the playoffs...not with this lineup and not with some of these SPs and middle relievers. So, I kind of want them to lose some so that they can make the decision to be sellers and sell Miller, Chapman and/or Beltran and stock up the farm system. I don't like them being mediocre...would rather them either win, of course, or lose enough so that it forces them to be sellers and build for the future...

This leads to a discussion of the philosophy of how the team is built. We have players like ARod and Tex who are much closer to the end of their careers than the beginning and we're starting to see some younger players worked in. When do we complete the generational turnover and start playing more of the younger players and start signing free agents who are younger than 35? Bryce Harper, c'mon down!!!!!!

Ok...I am going to be that guy...I don't think the Yanks are going to make the playoffs...not with this lineup and not with some of these SPs and middle relievers. So, I kind of want them to lose some so that they can make the decision to be sellers and sell Miller, Chapman and/or Beltran and stock up the farm system. I don't like them being mediocre...would rather them either win, of course, or lose enough so that it forces them to be sellers and build for the future...
Exactly! It's tough to ever root for them to lose, I can't, but I know 100 percent what you mean.

Last night's comeback was fantastic! Many of my fellow Yankee fans are so spoiled and jaded that I wonder if they can still experience joy from a game like that.
it was glorious.

I was surfing the web and just left it on the tv so was able to catch it all...and the post game.

they were damn Fn happy.

but momentum is your next days starting pitcher and well, Michael Pineda...youre up!

nothing better than driving to work and having Recco replay Sterling's call on the B & C show...DIDI GREGORIOUS!!!! MAKES YANKEE FANS EUPHORIOUS!!!

it was glorious.

I was surfing the web and just left it on the tv so was able to catch it all...and the post game.

they were damn Fn happy.

but momentum is your next days starting pitcher and well, Michael Pineda...youre up!

nothing better than driving to work and having Recco replay Sterling's call on the B & C show...DIDI GREGORIOUS!!!! MAKES YANKEE FANS EUPHORIOUS!!!
Yes InDidi!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom