2022 MLB Season | Page 25 | Syracusefan.com

2022 MLB Season

Wow. Most thought only the Mets might give Jacob 4 years. I am sure them going 5 years made this deal happen.

Honestly, as a Mets fan, this is for the best. I think making that kind of long term commitment for a pitcher who has pitched so little for the last couple of seasons is pretty insane.

I am glad for Jake. Hope he stays healthy and does well there. If he had to go, going to an awful team in a different time zone in a different league is ideal. I might never see him pitch a game again on that team.

It is better for the franchise to sign Verlander to a short term contract or Rodon to a 4 or 5 year contract. He is only 29. Add Bassitt and another solid starter and we are good with starting pitching.

Hopefully the Mets pivot quickly and get one of the Big 3.

A lot of experts were very confident deGrom was going to re-sign with the Mets. Wrong again.

I am glad for Jake. Hope he stays healthy and does well there. If he had to go, going to an awful team in a different time zone in a different league is ideal. I might never see him pitch a game again on that team.
The Rangers come to Citi Field next August for three games. Might be seeing him sooner than you think!

Rangers went nuts with Corey Seager’s contract last offseason. They gotta calm down.

Wow. Most thought only the Mets might give Jacob 4 years. I am sure them going 5 years made this deal happen.

Honestly, as a Mets fan, this is for the best. I think making that kind of long term commitment for a pitcher who has pitched so little for the last couple of seasons is pretty insane.
A few years ago when Noah and Jacob were tearing it up and the Mets stunk, I felt that a gutsy (and likely unrealistic) move would have been to trade both those guys for a huge haul of prospects. The team wasn't going anywhere other than mediocrity.

I believe that DeGrom was the last piece of the $500 million rotation?

A few years ago when Noah and Jacob were tearing it up and the Mets stunk, I felt that a gutsy (and likely unrealistic) move would have been to trade both those guys for a huge haul of prospects. The team wasn't going anywhere other than mediocrity.

Yup.

Worried about the age of the team. If we get Rodon, the rotation gets a lot younger. Sounds like Walker is still in play to also be signed. That would be nice..

If this allows up to re-sign Nimmo and add 3 or 4 quality arms to the bullpen, the team will be better off with Jake leaving. Surprised he is going to a team that won 68 games last year. He is likely near the end of his career and that game against the Padres might well be the last playoff game he will ever play in.

Is it really take important to get $185 million vs $120 million? At what point does money stop being a factor?

The gutsy move now would be to trade Pete for a haul of prospects. They have almost no pitching prospects close it the majors… Mets need to get worse before they can get better or they will be spending 150mm every offseason for mediocre or old players

Is it really take important to get $185 million vs $120 million? At what point does money stop being a factor?

Tom Cruise What GIF

Never. Are you suggesting someone should just leave $65m in guaranteed money (state tax free mind you) on the table because they might not make the playoffs? I mean, it's his profession.

Tom Cruise What GIF

Never. Are you suggesting someone should just leave $65m in guaranteed money (state tax free mind you) on the table because they might not make the playoffs? I mean, it's his profession.
About $2.5M annually in income tax savings alone

That contract I don’t understand
Was listening to MLB radio driving into work this morning. They were speculating on what Rodon and Correa would get.

The two long time radio pros were thinking between 225 and 250.

They took a caller who disagreed and thought Correa would get around 325. The announcers completely disagreed.

Someone leaked a story that the Mets were interested in Correa and I think it got the desired result.

Wow.

There are a lot of people in disbelief over what is going on right now.

Right there with you. He's great when he's healthy, but he hasn't exactly been the most durable player. I wouldn't feel comfortable paying him that kind of money until he's 41

I think that there was a sense of desperation for SF, as they had been "in" on some of the top end FA talent this winter (e.g. Judge, Turner, etc.) and failed to land any of them.

Syndergaard will hopefully be the Dodgers latest reclamation project! I’m excited to see how he pans out for us. I see nothing but upside in bringing him in on a 1 year deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom