2022 Portal | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Portal

200w.gif

Yeah, I don't think things really work that way. For a "top portal player", there would be a spot.
Withdraw the offer to Mintz and say goodbye to Swider or talk someone into transferring. I don't see it happening.

Yes but very few kids are going to want sit out an extra year….

That would mean they would have to transfer after their freshman season to be able to possibly play a third season at three different schools isn’t really the best look. So they are much more secure than high school kids.

They still get a free transfer for a grad transfer tho
No doubt kids prefer not to sit out but my only point was that they still can, like they always used to, if they really want to leave a program for another one they prefer. Also the way the rules have changed so often and so quickly lately in favor of player’s freedom to leave, I wouldn’t be surprised that the rules could easily change again particularly if the effect is like you noted - that coaches start preferring the transfer portal over recruiting freshman. It may also encourage the players in high school to take the new pro option much more often, skipping college totally. Just some random hypothetical thoughts on long term effects.

Pac-12 assist leader. Seems like a true point guard stuck on a terrible team.
Dayshawn is originally from the Bronx. Looks like he went to HS at Lutheran.

He is a JUCO transfer guy. When he graduated. It came down to Seton Hall and OSU. Guessing Willard might be interested. Guessing if he was offered here, he would take it in a minute.

His assists and assist to turnover ratio is good. Nothing special with steals, outside shooting, rebounds, etc. Not much of an outside shooter. Only shot 65% from the FT line for the Beavs,

I think he is going to be a senior but will have the option of another year due to COVID.

A true PG with P5 experience. I think he would make the team better. If he were 2 inches taller and had more steals or was a solid outside shooter. I would be more excited. I think we can probably do better.

No. Interesting defensively, but a disaster offensively.
I agree the offense would be less traditional, and thus beyond JB at this stage, but Jesse at the FT line could shoot, drive, or pass to Frank down low.
A 2-1-2 or 3-2, or even a 1-3-1 with those 2 would be interesting.

Right! I knew that. Of course I did.

Although, Benny might not be our best salesperson.
Might be our best. He is (by all accounts) staying despite his struggles and PT. Must be some good stuff about the school. Of course, it also says all lot about Benny as a person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom