2024 New York Mets Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2024 New York Mets Thread

Considering the way this played out, I’m suspicious Eppler was effectively the fall guy. The repeated assurances no one else is involved sure makes me wonder if other were involved but MLB wanted to contain the damage.

Considering the way this played out, I’m suspicious Eppler was effectively the fall guy. The repeated assurances no one else is involved sure makes me wonder if other were involved but MLB wanted to contain the damage.

Listened to David Samson’s podcast, he took the position Eppler was a fall guy for…something, because every team does this. Since he’s a former Marlins exec, I’d assume he is informed.

Everything about how David Stearns came in and Eppler is weird - don’t know what happened, don’t think we ever will…but I’m certain there’s more to the story than what’s been made public.

Met fans should appreciate Lindor more than they do.

His first season with the Mets in 2021 was statistically his worst season in MLB. A lot of Mets fans have long memories for disappointments; I doubt Lindor will ever be fully appreciated by Mets fans as a result of his slow start with the team.

Carlos Beltrán was somewhat similar, although due to his involvement/leadership of the Astros cheating scandal even I can’t stand that clown now. (I realize he’s back in the Mets organization…don’t care. He’s still a clown).

Looks like the Mets are about to sign Luke Voit. He will likely start at Syracuse and be a depth piece. He was a blast to watch play the last time he was here. Great power and the ladies like that he plays with most of his shirt unbuttoned.

Syracuse could be a very good team in 2024 and 2025. Stearns likes to stash near mlb level talent in AAA and the Mets have a bevy of prospects expected to come through Syracuse over the next 24 months. Could he a really good time to be a Syracuse Met fan. A Rumble Pony fan as well.

Last edited:

"Panic sets in as Mets All-Star ace deals with possible injury"

:oops::confused:

"Panic sets in as Mets All-Star ace deals with possible injury"

:oops::confused:
Never good to hear your ace starting pitcher has arm fatigue after the first workout of the season.

Expecting this is going to require Tommy John. Because that is what happens with this team.

Let’s hope for the best. It would be great if he ends up being okay.

Mets dealt brutal Kodai Senga injury update ahead of 2024 season

“Update: Kodai Senga has a moderate shoulder strain, David Stearns said. He’s shut down ‘until symptoms subside and strength returns.’ He is expected to start the season the IL. No word on how long,”

Mets dealt brutal Kodai Senga injury update ahead of 2024 season

“Update: Kodai Senga has a moderate shoulder strain, David Stearns said. He’s shut down ‘until symptoms subside and strength returns.’ He is expected to start the season the IL. No word on how long,”
As a general rule, shoulder injuries for pictures are really bad. If we can get a good half year out of him, that would be awesome.

I'm glad that the Senga news came out early enough that it makes roster management easier for me in my Keeper League.

Does Eric Chavez really want to share his duties with Jeremy Barnes and Carlos Beltran? Won't that be like a boxer having to listen to three voices rather than one?

Wouldn't it be something if our starting pitching staff was surprisingly good the way the bullpen was surprisingly good in the wake of the Diaz injury?

I'm glad that the Senga news came out early enough that it makes roster management easier for me in my Keeper League.
I like that I didn't have time to get my hopes up so if this team crashes and burns, it won't be as painful for me. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom