2024 Schedule | Page 47 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Wasn't expecting much $$ but no return game worked out in the future and only $300K, oofa.

I mean I can’t hate on going to UNLV but seems like we could have played at UMass since that UConn game got moved to home and for two home games from UMASS

That would have then made it MUCH easier to get 7 home games in future years.

Wasn't expecting much $$ but no return game worked out in the future and only $300K, oofa.
I think it’s typical in these cases when it’s not a school that uses these games to finance a big part of the AD budget to just pay enough to cover travel expenses basically

I think it’s typical in these cases when it’s not a school that uses these games to finance a big part of the AD budget to just pay enough to cover travel expenses basically

For sure, the $$ aspect isn't really a big deal but would have hoped we could have worked out a return game even if it was in 28 or 29

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. I suspect you will see more G5 to G5 home and homes. If you want a G5 to come where with no return game, and you are essentially competing with other ACC programs for the same, I suspect the money you pay that G5 may have to be substantial.
The money is the issue for SU. With the no G5 roads we could get 8 home games in a year like some SEC teams. But they can afford it with 75-100K showing up to those G5 games while we would get 30-35K.

So I would guess that we end up with 2 OOC P4s so we only have one buy G5 game. Better for fans but harder for the team. Unless the ACC goes to 9 conference games.

Going to be tougher when ACC mandates no roadies to G5s. Now you can at least try to negotiate a 2-1 with a G5, Not sure many will agree to a series with zero home games.

Can they do neutral site games?

Also far easier for certain ACC schools to pull that off than others. We should just load up with Stony and UB etc then...

Miami game was the early weekend of Thanksgiving - I had graduated the year before but not sure that was technically over break. I was in the army and watched the game with my battalion commander who played for Miami.

I mean I can’t hate on going to UNLV but seems like we could have played at UMass since that UConn game got moved to home and for two home games from UMASS

That would have then made it MUCH easier to get 7 home games in future years.
UMASS needs to make a solid improvement to their stadium which is a negative for them trying to get teams to play there. For what it's worth, I read they are going to announce some upgrades in the spring. I don't think it would cost a fortune to upgrade it to be close to the Red Bull stadium.

is it 300k? or 300K plus cost..

I wonder what it costs to fly 100 bodies out there for a game?

Miami game was the early weekend of Thanksgiving - I had graduated the year before but not sure that was technically over break. I was in the army and watched the game with my battalion commander who played for Miami.

1992 Miami game was the weekend before Thanksgiving. But Thanksgiving break didn't start until Wednesday, so the students were still there.

1996, 1998, 2002 Miami games were the Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend. Crowd size was not a problem.

We also apparently requested an away game for Yom Kippur during this stretch. I get the respect/attendance aspect of this, but it is us shooting ourselves in the foot. We did this to ourselves. Personally I would rather us not request away games for this and try to maximize our potential, but others see it differently
Some on here have discussed the problem with having 2 home games book ending Thanksgiving and possible low student attendance for both. Having a home game on Yom Kippur could have resulted in a 3rd home game with lower than normal home student attendance.

I went back and looked at some old schedules feom when I was a student.

2 of the years, 90-91, we only had 1 home game in Oct and 3 away.

In 89, we actually played WV on Thanksgiving at the Dome!! I don’t even remember that…and nearly 47k showed up!!

Schedules are schedules people, they are not tailor made for your wishes or the students.

I remember it.

It was two years after the classic '87 game. We rallied but couldn't win, 17-24. I left the Dome and walked into a cold rainstorm. I got to College Place and the guide goofed and motioned Manley people to her right instead of her left. Manley people ran into Skytop people and then we ran into each other again as they tried to correct the mistake. Everybody was milling around in front of Slocum.

This was the year of the Hillsborough disaster in England: Hillsborough disaster - Wikipedia

While this wasn't on that scale, it was wall-to-wall people and a sense of panic was building. I made my way to the outside of it only to be forced into the street just as a bus was going by. It just missed me. I stumbled across the street and decided to walk to Manley in the rain. I got home OK and no disaster happened but it was scary for a while there.

He’s been so bad for years i don’t understand how he still is allowed to do this. UNLV is a no win situation. A game you’re supposed to win, get no credit if you do, but if you lose it’s an awful look.

Also, since we sold the Pitt game last year, I thought this would be the year we get 7 home games. Nope.

Finally, how do you have such a soft OOC schedule this year, but 2025 is loaded? There was no way we could have worked something with ND to move 2025’s game to this year once we lost Army. We shouldn’t be scheduling ND when you have a kickoff game vs Tennessee anyways. This is scheduling 101 type of stuff.
Same guy that wasn't sure the Wagner game counted towards bowl eligibility

For sure, the $$ aspect isn't really a big deal but would have hoped we could have worked out a return game even if it was in 28 or 29

What's the normal take for SU when we play a directional Michigan at their place? I honestly have no idea.

This one is shaping up like a mini-bowl / destination experience. Hope we raise a few bucks off it.

What's the normal take for SU when we play a directional Michigan at their place? I honestly have no idea.

This one is shaping up like a mini-bowl / destination experience. Hope we raise a few bucks off it.

Generally in that case we get a game in return or multiple

Generally in that case we get a game in return or multiple
What is the break even number for these road trips? Covering travel, lodging, food, etc.

What is the break even number for these road trips? Covering travel, lodging, food, etc.

Gosh I don’t even know but I would have to imagine it’s well over 500k

For the west coast like that, I would venture to bet closer to a million but I really don’t know.

Have to think they have the cost of the plane charter, meals, hotel rooms, and expense to drive all of the equipment out there.

Certainly not a cheap trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom