2024 Schedule | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

They have their own semi. It’s out on Taft Road

They aren’t flying the whole team out west.

now people are worried about p/l on a last minute game

they throw the fans a bone with a destination game and the worry is will the program make money

good lord
I think that truck is actually owned by Syracuse Moving & Storage. Or at least it used to be. Might be some kind of joint agreement where SU gets first dibs on it. We were going to use it in my move from Binghamton three years ago but SU needed it to relocate weight room equioment on the same day.

EDIT: Confirmed: Syracuse University Moving Services - Official Syracuse Orange Movers

Maybe I am a hopeless optimist….

But if the director of SUMB was on board, I would be happy to lead a drive to raise money for a SUMB road trip. Or new instruments. Or new uniforms. Or whatever it is that they need the most.

I think a simple post on this board directing people to a noble cause that helps SU students is going to get attention and yes, money too. I believe there are a lot of good hearted people out there that love SUMB and would like to help it If it is in need.

Now I could be completely wrong on this. Maybe the kids in SUMB don’t have interest in going on a road trip. And I wouldn’t do anything unless the director of SUMB is on board and agrees with whatever the goal is we end up raising funds for. But I think it would be great to give something like this a try..

Could we raise $1 million dollars? No, probably not. But I bet we could raise $10K. That might not cover all the costs of a road trip to Pittsburgh or Boston or East Hartford but it should make a major dent in the bill. I think if we could just get the ball rolling on doing one road trip, it might grow into an annual thing.

We all want a big time football program that wins a lot of games. But I think a lot of us also want a first class marching band we all can be proud of, even sometimes when we follow the team to a nearby road game.

SUMB people, if you are interested, send me a PM on this board.
I'll commit to donating a SyraCRUZ Tailgate 50-50 take to that cause. Plus some

My wife and I were just talking about Gameday and whether this will finally be the year; I’m indifferent about it but she really wants it to happen.

Which game would be most likely, guessing it would be the Miami game?

My wife and I were just talking about Gameday and whether this will finally be the year; I’m indifferent about it but she really wants it to happen.

Unless something changes no games scream gameday to me

Unless something changes no games scream gameday to me
Yeah, looks like another year to the streak.

the obvious targets are vpi & Miami And we would need them to have the type of season we hope to be having.

that’s true shame of the octoberless home schedule, would’ve liked to sneak a GameDay in, in late Sept eary Oct.

unless espn just says fluck it, let’s do it for GaTech.

conf game, McCord, youth & HS football in full swing taking eyeballs, the lead story that weekend is the NFL….

Anything is possible, but very unlikely. At least one of the teams would have to be in national title contention since it's the same day as Ohio State/Michigan.

We've never had GameDay, either, and I'm becoming more and more convinced we never will. There always seems to be a "more compelling" location for them. There even was an occasion that we hosted the 7 PM featured game on the Mothership, but they held GameDay in another location because that matchup was "more compelling" (even though the game itself was on another network) and they flew Herbstreit from the other location to C'ville to cover the game.

In addition to Ohio State/Michigan, that's usually also the date for Auburn/Alabama.

We've never had GameDay, either, and I'm becoming more and more convinced we never will. There always seems to be a "more compelling" location for them. There even was an occasion that we hosted the 7 PM featured game on the Mothership, but they held GameDay in another location because that matchup was "more compelling" (even though the game itself was on another network) and they flew Herbstreit from the other location to C'ville to cover the game.

In addition to Ohio State/Michigan, that's usually also the date for Auburn/Alabama.
It’s also day of the return after a 13 year draught of Texas - aTM.

It would take 11-0 Syracuse v 11-0 Miami to happen.

It’s also day of the return after a 13 year draught of Texas - aTM.

It would take 11-0 Syracuse v 11-0 Miami to happen.
Some years that game was played on Thanksgiving Day, like the Ole Miss/Mississippi State Egg Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that again, Texas/aTm in the afternoon and the Egg Bowl at night.

Some years that game was played on Thanksgiving Day, like the Ole Miss/Mississippi State Egg Bowl. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that again, Texas/aTm in the afternoon and the Egg Bowl at night.
Eli had a phenomenal Egg Bowl game as a SR.

The NFL now completely owns every timeslot on Thanksgiving, they’re not burying that game there.

Certainly not the return of it.

It will be on that announced Saturday in all of its glory.

Better root for either Ohio State or Michigan to tank. They’ve been at that game for the past 3 years.
I wonder if we would’ve gotten gameday in 1992 for Miami. Same weekend as Michigan-Bucks

I'd much rather have a gameday in September or October when the weather has a chance to be much better. The Quad would look awesome on TV
Gameday has never come here. I’d rather them come whenever we earn it.

Gameday has never come here. I’d rather them come whenever we earn it.
Thanks
c68141f4497a48d3f2d8f191fed961b0.jpg

Hey, I’d love for you to be right. Believe me.

I’m still pissed at the thread here a year or 2 ago where a bunch of people took shots at the band.
The mascot is endowed now .

The band deserved and deserves more to go to more games away from campus, better resources etc. this is a no brainer. Someone on here should hit up sveryud. He was very instrumental w the mascot program becoming a more legitimate thing.

I have to think the amt of band grads is in the thousands.

The mascot is endowed now .

The band deserved and deserves more to go to more games away from campus, better resources etc. this is a no brainer. Someone on here should hit up sveryud. He was very instrumental w the mascot program becoming a more legitimate thing.

I have to think the amt of band grads is in the thousands.
Most schools have the full band go to only one away game, with the cost as only one factor. The other school has to have available seating for it as well. At just about all the UVa games I've attended, the opponent that has had their band there has had a smaller contingent with the obvious exception of VPI. Their full band goes to C'ville and our full band goes to Bleaksburg, oops, I mean Blacksburg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom