2024 Schedule | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Not knowing who vpi is, is the definition of a 2nd String poster.

And yes, I am taking credit for it from way back in the Michael Vick era.

And it is used as a derogatory name.

On does not call them by their tv name we will say.

Sorta like storz st and the beantown clowns.
Lol, just having some fun. I'm in my 20s so genuinely didn't know. Now using it as an insult, thats something I can get behind!

Agreed. A visiting band adds to the unique atmosphere of a college football game.

It is sad that the days of marching bands going on a road trip have all but disappeared. I bet if SUMB reached out and asked for help raising funds to go to one road game a year, the fanbase would respond.

Hopefully one day someone will change the ACC schedule for rivals so Pitt and BC away games are staggered so there is a short, relatively affordable away game for Syracuse fans and the band to attend every season.

This should be a no brainer.
Didn't the band used to travel to BC for games?

Didn't the band used to travel to BC for games?
Yes. Back in the day I believe SUMB traveled to an away game every season. Typically the closest venue we played an away game at.

Of course, back in the day we always played a game or two close by.

The kids in SUMB get a bottle of water a game. I believe that is it as far as what the university does for them. If the team goes to a bowl game, they will probably go to that too. We all know that hasn't happened much in the past 20 years or so.

If you want the SUMB to be bigger and better, you have to give prospective members something to make all their sacrifices worth it. Like a guaranteed road trip. And hopefully build the program so we go to a bowl game just about every year.

What is VPI?

Edit: had to look that one up...its been Virginia Tech for over 50 years guys, lol
VPI & BCU are regular terms used here for a couple of other former BE opponents.

Yes that's what this is for. Which reminds me of the thread when people were bitching our truck wasn't "cool" enough and made me again wonder why I spend so much time on here.

Syracuse%202019%205.jpg
Isn't it a security risk to advertise the cargo?

Agreed. A visiting band adds to the unique atmosphere of a college football game.

It is sad that the days of marching bands going on a road trip have all but disappeared. I bet if SUMB reached out and asked for help raising funds to go to one road game a year, the fanbase would respond.

Hopefully one day someone will change the ACC schedule for rivals so Pitt and BC away games are staggered so there is a short, relatively affordable away game for Syracuse fans and the band to attend every season.

This should be a no brainer.
I hate to say it, but I bet that if the SUMB reached out for help to attend a road game they’d get next to nothing from the fanbase.

I mean, this is a fan base that doesn’t so much as know our fight song. Some posters here actively sh- on the band for having the audacity to play during the game.

The SU fan base is about as band hostile as you’ll find in P4.

I don't believe they help cover any costs. It's just a lump sum. We will definitely be in the red on the budget for this one.
Including our cut of gate and other revenue streams?

I hate to say it, but I bet that if the SUMB reached out for help to attend a road game they’d get next to nothing from the fanbase.

I mean, this is a fan base that doesn’t so much as know our fight song. Some posters here actively sh- on the band for having the audacity to play during the game.

The fight song is my ring tone on my cellphone. Easy to stand out.

Maybe I am a hopeless optimist….

But if the director of SUMB was on board, I would be happy to lead a drive to raise money for a SUMB road trip. Or new instruments. Or new uniforms. Or whatever it is that they need the most.

I think a simple post on this board directing people to a noble cause that helps SU students is going to get attention and yes, money too. I believe there are a lot of good hearted people out there that love SUMB and would like to help it If it is in need.

Now I could be completely wrong on this. Maybe the kids in SUMB don’t have interest in going on a road trip. And I wouldn’t do anything unless the director of SUMB is on board and agrees with whatever the goal is we end up raising funds for. But I think it would be great to give something like this a try..

Could we raise $1 million dollars? No, probably not. But I bet we could raise $10K. That might not cover all the costs of a road trip to Pittsburgh or Boston or East Hartford but it should make a major dent in the bill. I think if we could just get the ball rolling on doing one road trip, it might grow into an annual thing.

We all want a big time football program that wins a lot of games. But I think a lot of us also want a first class marching band we all can be proud of, even sometimes when we follow the team to a nearby road game.

SUMB people, if you are interested, send me a PM on this board.

Maybe I am a hopeless optimist….

But if the director of SUMB was on board, I would be happy to lead a drive to raise money for a SUMB road trip. Or new instruments. Or new uniforms. Or whatever it is that they need the most.

I think a simple post on this board directing people to a noble cause that helps SU students is going to get attention and yes, money too. I believe there are a lot of good hearted people out there that love SUMB and would like to help it If it is in need.

Now I could be completely wrong on this. Maybe the kids in SUMB don’t have interest in going on a road trip. And I wouldn’t do anything unless the director of SUMB is on board and agrees with whatever the goal is we end up raising funds for. But I think it would be great to give something like this a try..

Could we raise $1 million dollars? No, probably not. But I bet we could raise $10K. That might not cover all the costs of a road trip to Pittsburgh or Boston or East Hartford but it should make a major dent in the bill. I think if we could just get the ball rolling on doing one road trip, it might grow into an annual thing.

We all want a big time football program that wins a lot of games. But I think a lot of us also want a first class marching band we all can be proud of, even sometimes when we follow the team to a nearby road game.

SUMB people, if you are interested, send me a PM on this board.
Hey, I’d love for you to be right. Believe me.

I’m still pissed at the thread here a year or 2 ago where a bunch of people took shots at the band.

Hey, I’d love for you to be right. Believe me.

I’m still pissed at the thread here a year or 2 ago where a bunch of people took shots at the band.

I'm still pissed that Sour Sitrus doesn't play "Main Squeeze" anymore.

It was a staple of the rotation for almost 40 years. Since it's been scrubbed from the line up, we don't make the tournament anymore.

Somebody thought "Brass Bonanza" was a better idea.

Including our cut of gate and other revenue streams?

I’m not totally sure of the exact numbers just going off what I heard from someone fairly in the know that indicated we’d be taking an L financially on this one. Hopefully we don’t take an L in the record book though.

Is there a schedule link somewhere that will directly download to your iCal or calendar?

Your points are all valid. Scheduling is a hard job.

When the ACC schedules are released, I will check and see how many ACC schools end up with 6 home games and a stretch of 6 games in a row without a bye.

I suspect we will be the only one but are really hoping our byes work out better than that. I will be interested to see how many ACC schools end up with only 6 home games too. I bet at least one other school is in the same boat as us on that.
UVa is 6 home, 6 away and the byes are after 4-game stretches. I read somewhere only one other ACC team is like that.

No schedule is perfect but this one is pretty darn good for Frans first year.
OOC is extremely manageable.

New coaches and a lot of new players might take time to gel. We better get off to a good stretch because the middle is rough.

I think you're too high.

The equipment all gets trucked out in one or two tractor trailers. We already pay the personnel and own the vehicles. Maybe the total cost there is $10k.
Coming home from work after SU played LSU in the Dome and I passed the Tigers' equipment truck on 81 South

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom