2024 Schedule | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

He’s been so bad for years i don’t understand how he still is allowed to do this. UNLV is a no win situation. A game you’re supposed to win, get no credit if you do, but if you lose it’s an awful look.

Also, since we sold the Pitt game last year, I thought this would be the year we get 7 home games. Nope.

Finally, how do you have such a soft OOC schedule this year, but 2025 is loaded? There was no way we could have worked something with ND to move 2025’s game to this year once we lost Army. We shouldn’t be scheduling ND when you have a kickoff game vs Tennessee anyways. This is scheduling 101 type of stuff.
UNLV was literally one of the only options for us. We didn't have much of a choice.

This was the year we got 7 home games.

Finally, maybe they asked ND and ND said no?

Lot of blame on Herm for a lot of things outside of his control.

I was really disappointed that we lost an away game at Army. I had been looking forward to it for years. A road game to Vegas has eased my disappointment significantly.
Yep same here. There’s a legit chance there will be as many of us Cuse fans there as unlvs. Gonna be a riot.

My parents retired to Las Vegas back in the day and lived there over 20 years so I know the city like the back of my hand, my joke was that I was the only guy in America sick of going to Las Vegas as I must’ve gone 50 times.

Went to a bunch of the UNLV football games, let’s just say the support is tepid at best.

As a result of being there so often, I know all about that town, what to do, where to stay, behind the scenes lesser known spots, etc., so as it comes closer, I’ll post on that.

I know for one I can’t wait to see that new sphere and will look forward to connecting with the friends and family still there. Gonna be epic.

Last edited:
2024HelmetsMain.jpg

4 games in September and 2 bracketing Thanksgiving.

As an out of towner, no more seasons for me

damn

For students, Miami Last is annoying. If this team is 11-0, I'm going to have to cut my break short.

I think students won’t be there for the final 2 games no? Or am I wrong on that

We get tickets for all the games, even ones during the break. But most won't come back early for a football game.

Right but won’t most leave the Friday before?

The final two home games are the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the Saturday after

He’s been so bad for years i don’t understand how he still is allowed to do this. UNLV is a no win situation. A game you’re supposed to win, get no credit if you do, but if you lose it’s an awful look.

Also, since we sold the Pitt game last year, I thought this would be the year we get 7 home games. Nope.

Finally, how do you have such a soft OOC schedule this year, but 2025 is loaded? There was no way we could have worked something with ND to move 2025’s game to this year once we lost Army. We shouldn’t be scheduling ND when you have a kickoff game vs Tennessee anyways. This is scheduling 101 type of stuff.

The UNLV game I don't have as much issue with, we were in a tough spot after Army, though I think playing Hawaii at home would have made more sense but I assume an agreement could not be reached for one reason or another.

The lack of 7 home games is an issue. We were able to filip Uconn to home this year but only after Wake flipped their series so their on the road this year and UConn comes to them in like 27 or 28. To many years where SU is in a death struggle to get 7 home games.

There has been a rumbling about the scheduling being incorrect on SU being at ND in 25 and 26 and that one of those will actually be a home game. I hope that's accurate because I don't see the logic in playing back to back road games at ND and if its not were back to 6 home games for 25 and 26 and potentially 27.

SU's OOC scheduling had been somewhat better and abit more balanced but it's all over the place again even before Army backing out with some very weak OOC and then scheduling like were Alabama. We have a real hard time finding that middle ground. The lack of October home game is more on the ACC but its bizarre to have it happen two years in a row. As someone pointed out below 1 home game in essentially two months is almost unheard of for a P5 team.

Right but won’t most leave the Friday before?

The final two home games are the Saturday before Thanksgiving and the Saturday after
You are correct; students won't be in full force in the last two games. But some might decide to cut vacation short if the team is really good.

You are correct; students won't be in full force in the last two games. But some might decide to cut vacation short if the team is really good.
Yeah I think UCONN game regardless of how we are doing, I don’t think many will change vacation plans. Miami on the other hand, if we find ourselves playing for a spot in the ACCCG, I think that may lead to more students coming back early.

UNLV was literally one of the only options for us. We didn't have much of a choice.

This was the year we got 7 home games.

Finally, maybe they asked ND and ND said no?

Lot of blame on Herm for a lot of things outside of his control.
Guessing2025 ND game gets transferred to a new addition

Aug. 31 Ohio
Sept. 7 Georgia Tech *
Sept. 14 OPEN
Sept. 20 Stanford * (Fri.)
Sept. 28 Holy Cross
Oct. 5 at UNLV
Oct. 12 at NC State *
Oct. 19 OPEN
Oct. 24 at Pitt * (Thur.)
Nov. 2 Virginia Tech *
Nov. 9 at Boston College *
Nov. 16 at Cal *
Nov. 23 UConn
Nov. 30 Miami *
So are we back to 2 bye weeks? Wasn’t it like that for a while, but then reduced to 1?

As for the schedule, @NCST has to be the toughest game and then whoever we play in the ACC Championship game. Getting an auto bid and a bye for the inagural 12 team playoff would be epic.

So are we back to 2 bye weeks? Wasn’t it like that for a while, but then reduced to 1?

As for the schedule, @NCST has to be the toughest game and then whoever we play in the ACC Championship game. Getting an auto bid and a bye for the inagural 12 team playoff would be epic.
Once every 7 years

Calendar quirk.

14 weekends between Labor Day weekend and Thanksgiving weekend.

Everyone gets 12 games spread out between 14 weeks this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom