2024 Schedule | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

2024 Schedule

Really hate to see anyone putting locals and students against each other.. every college fanbase needs both. I don’t think anyone on here is “against” the students, people are just upset about having to be moved.

Honestly, I think you seem to be salty towards locals judging by some of your posts. Just my two cents.
Not salty about the locals at all.

But let's not pretend that people are ALWAYS against the students on this board. Attendance threads start with "the students didn't show up" or "the students left early" or "the students didn't show up on time".

You saying "they need to tarp the section" is very much against the students when other sections were unsold for multiple games last season.

But let's not pretend that people are ALWAYS against the students on this board. Attendance threads start with "the students didn't show up" or "the students left early" or "the students didn't show up on time".

You saying "they need to tarp the section" is very much against the students when other sections were unsold for multiple games last season.
Please read my post a second time; I purposefully gave them props and further stated that I wasn’t knocking them. I even said that filling all those sections was a big ask.

Far as this board goes, many are alumni just like you. We’re all one fanbase with crossover sometimes on both sides. We’re all on the same side here.

When the team is good the students show up just like the locals.. Lets hope the team is good.

the lower bowl is going to look much better now and the upper endzone will only be seen on xp and a few plays and will look better no matter how the students show up.

even a crowd of 30k we just went from 60% full to 75% full.

Lol let's call the "variety of factors" what it is. It's that they were $100 tickets.

And let's not pretend that the locals haven't been against the students forever. I remember posts back on the scout board complaining about the same things that get complained about now. Put a winning product on the field, and students AND locals will stay in their seats for the entire game.

Tell that to my tickets that just got displaced that cost pre individual seating of $225 a piece. (Don’t worry I get it, still probably a value) but let’s not act like all the seats in the lower bowl that are getting displaced are cheap “$100” seats.

Also think it’s a bit unfair to judge people by their seat cost. Perhaps they’ve chosen those seats for other reasons. You also have no idea how much the people have donated. Just because they bought “cheap seats” doesn’t mean they have not donated significant $$$. As I said, sometimes people pick seats for other things than price.

As far as the schedule goes, I give props to the AD for getting a desperately needed 7th home game and flipping the schedule around with UCONN, UNLV.

However, for us to be a P5/P4 team with no home games in October for the second year in a row is a huge knock. We also will only have 6 homes games for the next few years as it looks now. Hopeful the AD can make some changes like they did this year to make 26/27 7 home game seasons.

Last edited:

I hate to jump in here but complaints about the students might be 2% of the total posts on this board in regards to complaints people have had in regard to attendance. Most attendance threads are slamming locals for not showing up. Yes a few posters bring up students (I don't know why students will always leave early and have some sketchy attendance games) but most threads are about why more locals aren't showing up and why SU isn't doing more to market the team.

If the students were filling the lower bowl which they were and spilling up to the upper bowl which they were a few games a yr and you then remove 20% of the seats then that spill over is going to happen more often.

One question is how many seats were in the lower bowl before vs now

because the band is in the same situation of filling up more seats than before when they could squeeze in.

the students may not fill the upper endzone but it wont look nearly the same with blue seats as it did with silver benches even if half full.

is the band going to be mostly using the lower bowl now anyway?
I assume the band will be 100 level

Players meet them after game for alma mater

Tell that to my tickets that just got displaced that cost pre individual seating of $225 a piece. (Don’t worry I get it, still probably a value) but let’s not act like all the seats in the lower bowl that are getting displaced are cheap “$100” seats.

Also think it’s a bit unfair to judge people by their seat cost. Perhaps they’ve chosen those seats for other reasons. You also have no idea how much the people have donated. Just because they bought “cheap seats” doesn’t mean they have not donated significant $$$. As I said, sometimes people pick seats for other things than price.

As far as the schedule goes, I give props to the AD for getting a desperately needed 7th home game and flipping the schedule around with UCONN, UNLV.

However, for us to be a P5/P4 team with no home games in October for the second year in a row is a huge knock. We also will only have 6 homes games for the next few years as it looks now. Hopeful the AD can make some changes like they did this year to make 26/27 7 home game seasons.

Adjusting the schedule to get a 7th home game this year is a nice job by the AD's office. But the people taking a victory lap are missing the fact that to do that SU is now playing a 2 for 3 game deal with not Notre Dame or Penn State but freaking Uconn. SU also now has 5 home games for 2026. Clearly they will try to get a home replacement for Army but unless ND is here 2026 that would still only give us 6 home games after having only 6 in 25. .

Adjusting the schedule to get a 7th home game this year is a nice job by the AD's office. But the people taking a victory lap are missing the fact that to do that SU is now playing a 2 for 3 game deal with not Notre Dame or Penn State but freaking Uconn. SU also now has 5 home games for 2026. Clearly they will try to get a home replacement for Army but unless ND is here 2026 that would still only give us 6 home games after having only 6 in 25. .

Exactly why waiting until the last minute for scheduling is not ideal

Despite what some might think

Well, for once - we were actually ahead of the game w/ the '24 schedule.

Then Army did it's thing, and we had to replace that game on very short notice.

Our scheduling ahead kinda blows historically, but in this case at least, it wasn't our fault.

We currently have a full slate scheduled up until 2027, where we have 2 games already scheduled (UConn & PSU) and one of the unscheduled games is an FCS team.

With the uncertainty surrounding college athletics, things could change at any time. Having a completed 4 game schedule for 2027/2028 doesn't make a ton of sense right now.

We currently have a full slate scheduled up until 2027, where we have 2 games already scheduled (UConn & PSU) and one of the unscheduled games is an FCS team.

With the uncertainty surrounding college athletics, things could change at any time. Having a completed 4 game schedule for 2027/2028 doesn't make a ton of sense right now.

Yes having 5 home games for 2026 makes a lot of sense too!

You’re right!

It’s a 2/2 and always has been a 2/2 unless I’m missing something. They announced a 4 game series and now it’s:

2024 - home
2025 - home
2026 - away
2027 - away

We had 6 games for next year yesterday and 7 today. A lot will change between now and 2026

Sure, but we shouldn’t be white knuckling it at the end to get to 7 home games

We should have 7 home games most season, with an occasional 6 home game season.

Next year, with the Chick Fil A game it makes sense we have 6 home games

That’s the point that we’re trying to make. Is that it shouldn’t be just getting figured out THIS late

the students may not fill the upper endzone but it wont look nearly the same with blue seats as it did with silver benches even if half full.
I've never understood this aversion to silver. Empty seats are empty seats. Not fooling anybody unless we have "blue outs".

I just hope that end zone can be partially tarped off somewhat when it is inevitably empty, particularly in down years. Not going to look good on TV with FG kicks.

Not a knock on Otto’s Army, they have been great. But all of those seats, consistently, is a big ask.
Thought they were just getting the lower endzone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom