ACC Media Days July 21-22, 2016 Charlotte, NC | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ACC Media Days July 21-22, 2016 Charlotte, NC

It's about maximizing the attention of the media. The announcement grabs everybody for a while, then release the financials at a strategic time to steal more headlines, maybe during another conferences media days.

The problem with that tactic is that it allows media to run with "ACC increase isn't significant, otherwise they would disclose" and once again we are looked at as the 5th chair at the table. The numbers should be released now to set the tone.

texascpa said:
The problem with that tactic is that it allows media to run with "ACC increase isn't significant, otherwise they would disclose" and once again we are looked at as the 5th chair at the table. The numbers should be released now to set the tone.

True, but I am sure there are strategies in place to control the narrative.

Whenever they release the financial numbers I hope it is the top line dollars which are released first and which the media will run with. By that I mean inclusive of Football Championship $, other bowl $, projected NCAA units, et al. Then they can provide the breakdown the next day. Would also be interested to learn if there are look-in dates.

Whenever they release the financial numbers I hope it is the top line dollars which are released first and which the media will run with. By that I mean inclusive of Football Championship $, other bowl $, projected NCAA units, et al. Then they can provide the breakdown the next day. Would also be interested to learn if there are look-in dates.

I don't think we would have had all ACC schools sign off already for 20 years unless it was a good deal otherwise Clemson and especially FSU (edit - and ND) would have held off on the grant of rights extension. If the deal is good enough for those 2 then the deal is good enough for me.

Last edited:
I thought it was interesting that they had 3 of the conferences WBB Coaches in Charlotte for the ACC network roll out today.

When did Chuck Norris become the Head Coach of North Carolina?
upload_2016-7-21_14-13-37.jpeg

Last edited:
PhatOrange said:
dont' see it affecting Duke but Louisville and NC State are in the cross hairs.

What about perennial preseason behemoth Wake Forest?! Will we ever be able to catch them?

;)