Anyone who criticizes this performance should be banned | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Anyone who criticizes this performance should be banned

What does it matter. Then we wouldn’t have been able to stop the clock the times dungey was sacked and our WR we’re halfway down the field.

Right. If we had moved the ball and ran out of time, I can see people sticking to the timeouts criticism.

Given what happened...it had zero impact on the game either way. The “unnecessary roughness” penalty for blocking put us in such a hole that we didn’t have a prayer of moving on them...whether we had 1:30 or 0:45 seconds on the clock.

I don't agree at all. Kind of insulting for you to say that. How many sacks did we have? Who is the better qb? What about our db's how did they play? Wr are we over matched? Dungey have time in the pocket? We were a better team, we just lost

In spots we don’t have nearly the talent as they do. Let’s start with RB, WR, OC, OG, LBs - ALL 3 OF THEM.

Last edited:
So do I get banned if I point out how dumb it is to wander downfield if you’re a lineman on that 4th down?
It was a RPO. The OL is taught to run block. Dungey messed up by holding the ball too long before passing.

Call it a dumb play call again a cover 0 defense. Call it a dumb decision by Dungey for not realizing that holding the ball that long before passing meant a lineman would be downfield. But don't blame Conway.

Rutgers.JPG

Would you rather be us with Dino or this flaming garbage can of a program with their coach, because both schools hired their coaches in the same offseason. We've changed so much, and we have so much that we can improve. We get Clemson at home next year and probably their whole DL will go to the draft and even more of their players will be gone like their amazing Renfrow. We can win next year.

IDK. Clemson is obviously more talented. We had to play perfect to win. The thing that grinds me is that we left some meat on the bone today. The Dungy pass to the flank was the worst, because he just appeared so nonchalant at a time when absolute focus was essential.

I think the coaching left a lot to be desired in the second half. Again, Babers is a great macro guy, not so great micro. I think Babers, Lynch, and Ward really failed at coming up with a cohesive strategy playing ahead. That lead to a panicked appearance.

Kids played hard. Coaches had them mentally ready. While I am disappointed, it seems we came out of it healthy. Gotta flush this one. Six days to get ready for Pitt. 7-5/8-4 are real possibilities. Can't have a let down like the past two seasons.

I sat through the Greg Robinson years as a student and have followed them every week as an alum. I have every right to feel the way I do as anyone else on this board. Babers isnt happy with a moral victory. Why are you?

I’m done with moral victories.

2014 when we kept it close at Clemson was a moral victory.

Today I saw our entire team give everything to win this game and it just wasn’t enough.

Mistakes were made, but the world doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Clemson has players and they wanted to win just as bad as our guys did.

I’m done with moral victories.

2014 when we kept it close at Clemson was a moral victory.

Today I saw our entire team give everything to win this game and it just wasn’t enough.

Mistakes were made, but the world doesn’t exist in a vacuum. Clemson has players and they wanted to win just as bad as our guys did.

Yeah. This one wasn’t about hoping we could hang with them. It became clear pretty quickly that we could win.

Crushed we lost. But before the game? I wasn’t sure what would happen. If you were being cautious about things, you could say we hadn’t played anybody. I think today shows this team is clearly legit. 4 blowout wins and a loss in the final minute at Clemson. We know we can beat anyone left on our schedule now IMO.

Clemson’s challenging Bama if Lawrence mends well and learns from this.

They’re that good. We gave them our best punches and lost. Its clear now that if we play them 10 times we win 4. I am fine with that. We are back to national prominence and now its time to exercise old demons on Pitt.

Yeah. This one wasn’t about hoping we could hang with them. It became clear pretty quickly that we could win.

Crushed we lost. But before the game? I wasn’t sure what would happen. If you were being cautious about things, you could say we hadn’t played anybody. I think today shows this team is clearly legit. 4 blowout wins and a loss in the final minute at Clemson. We know we can beat anyone left on our schedule now IMO.

A 3 touchdown loss would have been easier than this is.

This is going to be on my mind for a few days. Maybe longer. I hope it eats at the team and coaches and they go to Heinz ready to crush Pitt.

I'm thrilled that we can question coaching decisions at the end of a game on the road against a #3 team.

Why is that a bad thing?

It isn't a bad thing but coaching was the difference in the game. Clearly and its frustrating. We have the talent, depth, and now the staff needs to step up in a gamelike this. They need to grow just like our takent and underclassmen did.

We were given EVERY break and chance to win this game but we played scared and tried to protect a 9 point lead the entire 2nd half and thats unacceptable. 3 turnovers, penalities in our favor and we DIDN't go and get it.

A functional tight end may have helped. Love the big guy but he’s no threat to catch a pass.

A tight end wouldn't have mattered. What would have mattered was some aggressive play calling over the middle. The tighr end obsession is dying. This was our game wirh some proper play calling.

In spots we don’t have nearly the talent as they do. Let’s start with RB, WR, OC, OG, LB - ALL OF THEM.
Agreed. Debatable on WR, and Oline. Considering Clemson gave up 4 sacks; a few of the sacks they gave up were just one-on-one domination with 4 on the line. I do admit that their Oline is better at run-blocking, but this difference could skew the comparisons of RB's.

At LB we need some milk.

It isn't a bad thing but coaching was the difference in the game. Clearly and its frustrating. We have the talent, depth, and now the staff needs to step up in a gamelike this. They need to grow just like our takent and underclassmen did.

We were given EVERY break and chance to win this game but we played scared and tried to protect a 9 point lead the entire 2nd half and thats unacceptable. 3 turnovers, penalities in our favor and we DIDN't go and get it.
Agreed 100%. The play calling after up 23-13 was questionable. Should have won. Maybe if we had Pierce we would have had a couple more first downs, and we would have won. He would have helped with run/pass blocking for sure.

Last edited:
Agreed. Debatable on WR, and Oline. Considering Clemson gave up 4 sacks; a few of the sacks they gave up were just one-on-one domination with 4 on the line. I do admit that their Oline is better at run-blocking, but this difference could skew the comparisons of RB's.

At LB we need some milk.

Agreed 100%. The play calling after up 23-13 was questionable. Should have won. Maybe if we had Pierce we would have had a couple more first downs, and we would have won. He have helped with run/pass blocking for sure.

Pierce wouldn't have made a difference. We needed some aggressive play calling, winning play calling in the second half . We were obviously trying to protect a 9 point lead on the road. Maybe bc they were down to their 3rd stringer. But, they ran the ball down our throat. Something we knew was coming. Just frustrating bc we didn't let ED play in the 2nd half.

A tight end wouldn't have mattered. What would have mattered was some aggressive play calling over the middle. The tighr end obsession is dying. This was our game wirh some proper play calling.

The lack of of a pass catching TE for the backers to guard let them spy all game. Dungey couldn’t run. They hemmed him in and made him a pocket passer. And of course have the athletes to scheme us that way.

Pierce wouldn't have made a difference. We needed some aggressive play calling, winning play calling in the second half . We were obviously trying to protect a 9 point lead on the road. Maybe bc they were down to their 3rd stringer. But, they ran the ball down our throat. Something we knew was coming. Just frustrating bc we didn't let ED play in the 2nd half.

Their third stringer is a 4* recruit. And I’m not sure what a 3rd string QB has to do with their O line and their 5* running backs.

And how would you have ensured that Dungey had enough time to make the throws on these aggressive play calls over the middle?

Doesn't take anymore time to throw over the middle than it does on the slow ball in, ball out rpos and sideline passes. We didnt go for it in the second half. Remember, our only score in the 2nd half was a 10 yd drive after that muffed punt.

The running down throat part... was the only thing working for them.

Run Run Run (see if 3rd stringer can complete PA) Run Run Run. If our offense stayed on the field a bit longer then Clemson's 2nd half game plan would have fallen apart, and we would have forced them to throw, since running would literally run down the clock. Once we force Clemson to have their 3rd stringer flinging that rock around, then the game is ours.

That's why I'm saying Pierce could have been a difference. Couple more first downs who knows, Dino's game plan could have worked.

The lack of of a pass catching TE for the backers to guard let them spy all game. Dungey couldn’t run. They hemmed him in and made him a pocket passer. And of course have the athletes to scheme us that way.

He wasn't asked to be a pocket passer. Way too many bubbles to the outside. You cant beat good Ds that way.

Not

Doesn't take anymore time to throw over the middle than it does on the slow ball in, ball out rpos and sideline passes. We didnt go for it in the second half. Remember, our only score in the 2nd half was a 10 yd drive after that muffed punt.
Exactly. And their d line was in our backfield so quickly that none of that worked either.

Now tell me how you would have gotten that D line blocked before you start telling me about how different play calls would have made a difference.

Their third stringer is a 4* recruit. And I’m not sure what a 3rd string QB has to do with their O line and their 5* running backs.

Kid hasn't played all year, didnt even get practice reps til this week. Stars dont matter there. They protected this "4 star" kid the entire half. We knew the run was coming g but still got gashed. If we play aggressively in the 3rd and go up by 16 we force the kid to put it in the air and thats a different outcome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom