Bazley Decommits | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Bazley Decommits

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were going to be short handed with Bazley next year.

Without Bazley we are even more shorthanded without the most talented player we were going to have.

Our roster
Guards: Howard, Carey, Hughes Boeheim, Washington
Forwards: Dolezaj , Brissett
Centers: Sidibe, Chukwu

That is 9 players and one will be injured so 8.

Yeah, good luck getting 4 newcomers.
Another year with a short roster Whoopie.

I mean giving his word doesn’t mean much. Battle verbaled to UM. Devendorf verballed to MSU. Kids back out of verbal commits all the time. The only difference with an LOI is that the school needs to grant a release to go to another school. But he’s not going to another school.

Either way - it’s a shlitbag move by the kid in my opinion. My word and my handshake means something something to me.

He owes SU and the NCAA absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, bupkiss!
These kids are literally forced to go to a school while the NCAA vultures and their “amateur system” make BILLIONS, with a B, off of their backs, and they can’t accept a steak dinner w/out being reprimanded.
As an SU fan, this hurts- but as this past season showed once again, we have very capable leadership that will keep us relevant and competitive.
The sky’s not falling, and Bazeley’s made his choice. We’ll be just fine, and i wish the kid all the best. I hope he does start a trend so we can finally deal with the NCAA hypocrisy, once and for all. JMHO
Um ya he does. He signed a loi.

He owes Syracuse nothing?

He signed a legal document with Syracuse University. He shook hands with the coaches and gave his word that he’d play ball at Syracuse.

I guess I should not pay any of my loans because those vultures at the bank already have enough money making BILLIONS off of the working class.
Need a tissue? Man up, ffs.
A01D93CA-AEEE-4F04-A26B-DCB79E3B57D0.gif

That would be the theory.

JB was going on about the G League in one of those pressers, how ridiculous it would be for 18 year old kids riding the busses with 23 year olds, etc.

Oh well...

And that theory is completely wrong.

:rolleyes:

Did I complain about anything?

He’s a kid, man. Your word and handshake? I would expect it to mean something now... but not at his age. He’s a puppy.

I don’t get how people can say that we’ll be fine. Maybe we won’t lose 20 games but there is not a universe where we’re a better team without a top 10 recruit next year.

I lost my right foot. But I still have my left foot...and I can use a crutch.

He owes Syracuse nothing?

He signed a legal document with Syracuse University. He shook hands with the coaches and gave his word that he’d play ball at Syracuse.

I guess I should not pay any of my loans because those vultures at the bank already have enough money making BILLIONS off of the working class.
And how many coaches walk away from contracts and end up screwing their commits and the school, in pursuit of the almighty dollar? How many schools pull scholarships if a better option presents itself? And when was the last time the NCAA did anything remotely beneficial to the student athletes, other than force them to perform on a media platform that they control and profit from?
The hypocrisy of the so-called “student athlete” model is maintained for one reason...MONEY.
He owes SU and especially the NCAA, a hearty handshake and a “fare thee well”...period.
JMHO

He’s a kid, man. Your word and handshake? I would expect it to mean something now... but not at his age. He’s a puppy.

Kids aren’t expected to have integrity anymore? Care about commitments? Care about others?

I’m not wishing the kid any ill will.

I’ll buy ya his Des Moines RamRods jersey for ya just to show ya there’s no hard feelings.

Kids aren’t expected to have integrity anymore? Care about commitments? Care about others?

I’ll buy ya his Des Moines RamRods jersey for ya just to show ya there’s no hard feelings.
We flipped a QB Chance Amie from a verbal to Houston in December were you mad about that?

We flipped Tyus Battle from a verbal to Michigan 2 years ago.

They should, I agree. I would expect my own child to follow up on a commitment.

How ‘bout a pair of court sides to a RamRods game? ;)
C640C172-C546-4F90-A280-24148E6195A7.gif

We flipped a QB Chance Amie from a verbal to Houston in December were you mad about that?

This isn't that, those didn't happen in the spring before the season was to begin.

We've now lost a big over the summer before the season and this. Highly unusual.

This isn't that, those didn't happen in the spring before the season was to begin.

We've now lost a big over the summer before the season and this. Highly unusual.
Houston lost Amie on signing day.
They had no time to recover from that.

What happened to us sucks but Bazley did it 7 months before next season.

LOI signed? 3 or 4 months from being on campus? No

I’m not mad about anything. I’m just stating that I think what the kid did was shitty in my opinion.

I’m not gonna lose sleep over it. I just have a different opinion than you guys. Doesn’t make me irrational.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom