Benny | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Benny

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Division 1 basketball. He's getting paid NIL. Follow the damn rules. Does anyone honestly think any player from Purdue, Marquette, Kansas, Tennessee, UCLA, or Gonzaga came to this tournament to have fun?

Last edited:
Is it wrong of me to not need to know what the deal is with Benny. Right now, I have full confidence in Red to do the right thing. No one wants to lose but it's sad the way this Hawaii trip seems to be unfolding as it should be a great opportunity for this team to get closer together and to come together as one unit.

Every work trip I’ve ever taken ends with drinks in the bar in the evening.

This board likes to keep the real reasons under wraps so I’m just speculating. I believe this day and age 420 is straight up allowed if these young adults so chose but may be a team rule as well that’s only going to be broken.

A. the rumors are he missed the morning get together.
B. Even if you’re right An athlete can’t be at the bar the night before a NINE THIRTY AM GAME. HS, college, pro, it wouldn’t matter.

If it is booze related lame by Red pretty sure he’s 21 and even if he isn’t who cares he’s in Hawaii and probably needed/wanted a few Mai tais. Lots of athletes play better with light hangovers as well.

I’m totally cluelesss and unconnected just putting that out there.
There is no way you are serious right? If you are then you are part of Gen Z or a sympathizer because this is exactly how they think. just wow

Last edited:
Not impressed with a couple of the player's attitudes. There's more than one head case on this roster.
Judah again was arrogant and dismissive during the Gonzaga presser. JJ was much more professional. Its clear to me that, at a minimum, Bell and Mintz think they are better than they are. arrogance and ignorance are awful qualities to have.

For the last 20 years I always used to say JB treats his kids like men and it brings personality. What recruit wants to be curfewed at 9 at age 23 as a 5th year senior?
You are a member of a team. Team rules say curfew at 9 PM. Whether you are 23 or 50 (like Armando Bacot). When you're not in at 9, you've broken team rules. Not sure what you don't get about that.

And btw, JB had curfew rules too.

Red really has his hands full as a first year coach. Don’t envy him. Cupboard bare. Tough personalities. And then there’s Benny.

Big difference between Red’s way of handling these things and JBs. Not saying one is right or wrong but Red tried to lay the law down early. And with that there may have to be some casualties. Or attitude adjustments. Hope the fans don’t immediately turn on Red though. He doesn’t have an easy situation. This isn’t the team or style he wants to be rolling out.
I get what you are saying, but we have higher rated guys than quite a few of the teams in Maui including Marquette and Purdue. Why can all these other coaches coach these guys to be better than their recruiting rankings, but year in and year out we can't?

It's getting to be a lazy excuse. Red has to figure out a plan on offense. All these other teams are playing as a team and we are giving a good amount of our guys zero chance to be successful. One on one is not it.

Last edited:
arrogance and ignorance are awful qualities to have.
you could be describing about half of humanity, but I agree they aren’t great qualities. Always a fine line with athletes because pure confidence is essential (feel like Taylor may struggle with this, for example). Even some measure of confidence is largely beneficial. But it’s a fine line and can backfire on you quickly. Not sure that’s the case for Bell or Mintz per se, but it can be a difficult line to toe.

Every work trip I’ve ever taken ends with drinks in the bar in the evening.

This board likes to keep the real reasons under wraps so I’m just speculating. I believe this day and age 420 is straight up allowed if these young adults so chose but may be a team rule as well that’s only going to be broken.

Working on the pro side, I know for a fact half of our team takes part in 420 activities. If it's not impacting their play, let them do their thing

Is it wrong of me to not need to know what the deal is with Benny. Right now, I have full confidence in Red to do the right thing. No one wants to lose but it's sad the way this Hawaii trip seems to be unfolding as it should be a great opportunity for this team to get closer together and to come together as one unit.

I think we'd all like to know what's going on. At the end of the day, it isn't our business and it isn't their job to share it.

Less of a problem than drinking especially the night before a game.

Yup. I'm pretty certain one of our players has done it the day of the game, mainly to get rest and relaxation before our games. Obviously not an hour before tip, but definitely on a game day lol

I get what you are saying, but we have higher rated guys than quite a few of the teams in Maui including Marquette and Purdue. Why can all these other coaches coach these guys to be better than their recruiting rankings, but year in and year out we can't. It's getting to be a lazy excuse. Red has to figure out a plan on offense. All these other teams are playing as a team and we are giving a good amount of our guys zero chance to be successful. One on one is not it.
Have Red watch Hoosiers. 5 passes. Id tell Mintz to get people involved or you're sitting. Kid needs a piece of humble pie bigtime

I get what you are saying, but we have higher rated guys than quite a few of the teams in Maui including Marquette and Purdue. Why can all these other coaches coach these guys to be better than their recruiting rankings, but year in and year out we can't?

It's getting to be a lazy excuse. Red has to figure out a plan on offense. All these other teams are playing as a team and we are giving a good amount of our guys zero chance to be successful. One on one is not it.
Red's been in charge a hot minute. Now we want his prowess equal to Self, Smart, Few and Barnes all proven program builders? The outcomes have not been surprising. Style, execution and effort etc., a bit concerning, but we need to give this a little time. He definitely needs to rein in the "me first," guys but that may be half the team.

Red's been in charge a hot minute. Now we want his prowess equal to Self, Smart, Few and Barnes all proven program builders? The outcomes have not been surprising. Style, execution and effort etc., a bit concerning, but we need to give this a little time. He definitely needs to rein in the "me first," guys but that may be half the team.
I still support Red, but when fans and supporters of the team say the cupboard is bare I have a big problem with it.

We look like a bunch of individuals out there while Gonzaga, Purdue, and Marquette who are all less athletic than us look like cohesive units.

I mean can the dude have time to take his jacket off?

You should get back into the game and make killing on Syracuse football and basketball fans.
9dbe19b98aec516daf4f451c8b2d34e8.jpg

Have Red watch Hoosiers. 5 passes. Id tell Mintz to get people involved or you're sitting. Kid needs a piece of humble pie bigtime
They could call the picket fence play for someone but Bell would just shoot it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors