Blow this roster up | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Blow this roster up

LOL. I understand being frustrated and discouraged after a game like that and with the record sitting at 17-14. But we’ve gotta at least get the basic facts right.

I think Dior/Joe could be an amazing backcourt. Kinda wish we could just skip to that season.
Agree , I was thinking of Blutos famous Germans Bomb pPesrl Harbor Speech !

It’s not Buddy’s fault, but he is miscast as a starting ACC guard. He is SO limited outside of shooting. But this is a full roster problem. The fact that Joe and Buddy are our best options at guard this early in their careers is a joke.

Some do, some don’t.

The hard part is figuring out which ones do and how long you want to wait.

That's true and a very valid point. Heck, I'll take it a step further and say that some even regress, or face a major injury.

However, I guess I am less pessimistic than some in regards to whether Joe will improve, especially if he could ever steal a few minutes at his natural position.

Agree , I was thinking of Blutos famous Germans Bomb Pearl Harbor Speech !

Indeed an epic speech/movie that I wish more Americans considered the important point woven into the comedy with that particular "errant" line of his. Still shocked it made it through, but speech(RIP) was more free 10 years ago, let alone 1978.

Joe should be playing the two and Buddy the three. We need a PG who can defend and facilitate.
That’s what Jalen is for but we want to run out the door

Joe should be playing the two and Buddy the three. We need a PG who can defend and facilitate.

Although not ideal, the people likely to lampoon you(no pun intended) might recall that things are not ideal as they currently sit. I get that JB is set in his ways, but it might be cool to see multiple dissimilar looks, kind of a Bruce Lee philosophy of going with what works in the moment, and not being married to one idea without exception.

Yeah, I realize the latter is exactly what he does on defense, but he doesn't seem that committed to an offensive stragegy, and multiple lineups that aren't simply typical player susbstitutions(like one that you and others propose, combined with others), maybe be the optimal route next season, in my opinion. I mean if any do considerably worse than the other(s), they can be abandoned.

We’re 30+ games in. Anybody shocked by how bad we are and how bad our guards are just hasn’t been watching. We simply cannot win with this backcourt. They don’t shoot/score well enough to make up for how terrible they are defensively. It’s not going to improve enough to make this program relevant again, which stinks. Paired together for 35+ every game is an issue.

Funny thread , were a 17-13 team that lost our clearly best player All ACC first team. We would have edged Miami with EH so what is the rage here. Just not talented enough this year, especially up front and having MD as your only forward who can score and completely over matched inside almost every game and it’s all Buddy and JG III . Give me a break.

Funny thread , were a 17-13 team that lost our clearly best player All ACC first team. We would have edged Miami with EH so what is the rage here. Just not talented enough this year, especially up front and having MD as your only forward who can score and completely over matched inside almost every game and it’s all Buddy and JG III . Give me a break.

The frustration is that we are a 17-13 team and have been mediocre for six years. We haven’t been talented enough in a long time.

We’re 30+ games in. Anybody shocked by how bad we are and how bad our guards are just hasn’t been watching. We simply cannot win with this backcourt. They don’t shoot/score well enough to make up for how terrible they are defensively. It’s not going to improve enough to make this program relevant again, which stinks. Paired together for 35+ every game is an issue.
Our guards are who they are, warts and all, & that's a given.
I'm more concerned with a stubborn HC who refuses to try and shake things up. Who seems to only deviate from his chosen pattern unless absolutely forced to do so.
Edwards was effective when he came in. So why must he ONLY come in when/if there's foul trouble?
Goodine did well on defense in his few minutes, so why wasn't he playing when that Wong kid, who'll never be mistaken for an All-ACC PG, was repeatedly shredding our zone, going around both Buddy and JG3 like they were literally standing still? We're up 7 in a TO, and Goodine can't come in for a few stops when needed?
Why must it ALWAYS be out of absolute necessity? Sheesh!!

Last edited:

Actually, we are a 17-14 team. And, while we had our best player for one half, we were still down at the break, whereas Miami was without their best player for the entire game. So, there’s that...

"Buddy and JG just don't pair well together."
like white zin and beef jerky. guess who's who.

Last edited:
The frustration is that we are a 17-13 team and have been mediocre for six years. We haven’t been talented enough in a long time.
I get that, just nothing unexpected today, that was my point. Except we lost our best player unexpectedly.

We knew this would end badly. But let this sink in we got blown out by penn state. This is getting old. It has to end at some point
For what it's worth, a number of people say similar things as they await death.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom