Bob Chesney | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

1A. B.C.
1B. Mullen

Ive already decided im fully on the Bobby Train, perhaps the Bobby Blimp?

I can’t be talked off.

An Orange program with a regional identity to take back NY and change the course.

It’s not a rebuild nor is it semantics. We’re 5-6 and could/should be at least 6-5 if not 7-4. We’re a joke right now because we have more than 2 decades of very limited success. A coach can easily come in next year, use the portal well and have us in a bowl game. Nothing screams complete rebuild. Maybe you just don’t know what rebuild means and that’s fine.
After several years of being regularly destroyed in blowout losses on National TV - by multiple opponents on multiple occasions - including this year's batch of big losses: 38-10, 40-7, 41-3, all in-conference. Combine all the embarrassing losses with the recent history of losing - including a subpar 27-62 conference record since joining the ACC, I think it's fair to say that SU's proud, historic football brand and its reputation as a respected Eastern football power, have been damaged.

But you were right, you caught me red handed - I totally didn't know what the word 'rebuild' means. So I looked it up. Here's what I learned:

re·build
/rēˈbild/
verb
  1. build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed.
    "we try to help them rebuild their lives (or football program)"

Who? What 'people in the business of coaching'? Where is this 'appeal to authority' coming from?

I agree with you there - that business of coaching post yesterday was an oversell IMO. Of course he has lots of friends in coaching, he's a coach.

After several years of being regularly destroyed in blowout losses on National TV - by multiple opponents on multiple occasions - including this year's batch of big losses: 38-10, 40-7, 41-3, all in-conference. Combine all the embarrassing losses with the recent history of losing - including a subpar 27-62 conference record since joining the ACC, I think it's fair to say that SU's proud, historic football brand and its reputation as a respected Eastern football power, have been damaged.

But you were right, you caught me red handed - I totally didn't know what the word 'rebuild' means. So I looked it up. Here's what I learned:

re·build
/rēˈbild/
verb
  1. build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed.
    "we try to help them rebuild their lives (or football program)"

We went to a bowl game last year.

We could still go to a bowl game this year.

Moving forward from this position, is, by definition, NOT a rebuild.

Cary Elwes Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Why are you just making stuff up? who said they can't or won't pay the buyout if they feel Chesney is the coach they want to hire. Two weeks ago, it was constant posts that Wildhack nor the University would fire Dino and if they did it would be after the regular season etc

Geeze.
if he only makes 300k as HC of HC then there's something wrong.

I think their hoops coach makes more.

I find it ridiculous as well. So many parents spending insane money traveling every weekend for their kid who is not that good in the grand scheme.

For a girl best bet is golf scholarship or full ride ROTC like mine did. I wish my kid would have played more golf but the route she’s taking is pretty good too.
Agree on girls golf. I encouraged my niece to play, she was tall and had decent swing. If u can hit it 175 in the air you’re good. She got a ride to Kent St and is now an engineer making big bucks in Texas.

Chesney certainly has an impressive record.

And we have had great success with New England coaches - Mac and P.

I would be very happy with this guy - who has won in every job.

90187_1.jpg
Gawd love ya

usa_today_13430524.0.jpg
vs Gawd would you stop loving him honey?

Prob almost same age in this picture btw...

90187_1.jpg
Gawd love ya

usa_today_13430524.0.jpg
vs Gawd would you stop loving him honey?

Prob almost same age in this picture btw...
Am I the only one who thinks we are motivated here primarily because he’s cheap to get?

Am I the only one who thinks we are motivated here primarily because he’s cheap to get?
I’m personally not thinking that way. I’m more along the lines of this guy wins. He is young and energetic. He is different. Shoving in a run of the mill coordinator does not have the same shake up IMO. We need a reset, we need to choose a different path I think. We need a guy who can go into a recruits home and make that recruit want to play for him because his vibe is not the same as the others. I just would imagine he would work his tail off to prove he belongs. It would be a fresh outlook is the main reason for me. And oh yeah of course he has a proven track record of making teams winning programs regardless of what level.

The Holy Cross QB has a nice tape. I know it’s at the FCS level but he’s the definition of a dual threat. Would be a nice year 1 bridge for a Chesney staff if he was hired.

He kind of reminds me of a slightly smaller Will Levis. Not as talented but balls out.

We are losing too many great 5'11" athletic superstars with first names like Grayson and Jackson and Maverick and Chase and brayden to lacrosse

We start thinking about local recruits and then we start thinking about the types of offenses they are used to playing and that makes things even worse

And the few kids that are any good go to Penn State and notre dame
Omg, I am dying over here...My son literally has a Grayson, Jackson, Chase, and Brayden on his club lax team!!!

I don't look at more expensive is better. I think it's a function of unearthing a gem vs turning over the same old rocks again. There's certainly a premium to certain guys who are so outside of our price point like Nick Saban, Kirby Smart, et al. Those are never going to happen.

We are in the retread guys looking for a second shot, coordinators looking for their first shot and the exotic lower division hot shots.

I see this search as a we have nothing to lose. Bob Chesney would be a crazier pick in say 2005 when we were still a commodity in college football. We need to shake things up in a big way again. I liken this to when Mac came in. SU is at a 52 week low stock wise. If Chesney doesn't work we have lost no ground at all IMO because we're already at the bottom of the ACC and college football.

If it works we may get ourselves back into the hot shot category again (which is where SU was when i was there in the early 90s). no program was cooler IMO than Syracuse University Orangemen football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom