Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game

Capt. Tuttle said:
I think it is more about keeping CMac in the now, and playing like he has something to prove.
yep it has nothing to do with next year. Heck even jb has hinted at a silent verbal. We're gonna have space.

I don't think it was anything personal against chad, JB has alot to be angry with, especially with all the rough goings early this season. He must have alot of anger held in.

I sometimes wonder if jb really craves a second title to shut people up, especially all the sweet 16 ceiling nagging. Agree the possibility of losing a key piece next year probably isn't a fun thought.

Last edited:
JB should be able to get angry its rediculous he doesn't have his second title yet. I am past the point of not being content with even final four runs short of a title, I think alot of us are.

Its nothing personal against chad, JB has alot to be angry with, especially with all the rough goings early this season.

What

What's the difference of Ford ranking draft prospects and Rivals/ESPN ranking high schoolers?

Should a HS coach get ticked that JB or Patino are in a HS gym eying their 16/17 year old sophomore?

What's the difference of Ford ranking draft prospects and Rivals/ESPN ranking high schoolers?

Should a HS coach get ticked that JB or Patino are in a HS gym eying their 16/17 year old sophomore?
It's a little different because the high school soph isn't going to go to college early. Having said that, it's ridiculous for jb to say anything about that. Coach your team.

When coach goes after someone, It's warranted.

$T2eC16R,!ysE9sy0iH+)BR)8PVIZg!~~60_35.JPG

There is literally no positive benefit to what Jim is doing right here. The people here acting like Ford is giving "advice" or is some guy doing his own talent evaluations sound completely ignorant. He's not a Keith Law. He simply ranks based on the rumor mills going on around NBA Front Offices. Note this isn't coaches but that's not the point, Front Offices and GM's are the ones giving a single crap about draft talent right now. So if he says Mac is near the middle of the Lottery, it's like Mac is getting a lot of talk. Ford isn't telling kids to leave. If the kid and his family want to take Ford's ranking to heart that's their prerogative.

Meanwhile, Jim isn't helping anything with this tirade. He looks out of touch and spiteful. This isn't yelling at Andy Katz over Fine reporting, this isn't getting behind Gerry and going off. All he's done for 3 conferences or so in a row is throw kids under the bus. What's the point of bagging on McCullough's height? Is he trying to prove something? Because EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS THIS, everyone knows his camp measurements. This isn't some new info for NBA GM's. So what do you get out of it besides possibly pissing McCullough off for getting angry at positive press? Can McCullough control what NBA beat and draft writers write about him? No. He's not the bad guy.

And to the guy who said that Jim knows more NBA people than Ford, why? What reason does Jim have to know anyone in the NBA beyond the fact that he recruited them or coaches them for Team USA? Why would he need to talk to NBA coaches unless they ask him for a word about a Syracuse player? He's not a Pitino or Calipari who is around the NBA a lot or coached there. It's completely logical Ford knows more "NBA" people from current front offices to coaches.

Good post.

I dislike the new college basketball of low-level play and early draft entrants more than anyone. But this was a bizarre Boeheim rant. He should be much more concerned with diagramming ways to get open perimeter shots than with anything that Chad Ford writes about.

In situations like this, I just think WWJCD? What would John Calipari do?

Would the master of 21st century college Bball say this about one of his players moving up the draft boards? He would be celebrating and turn it into advertisement for UK Basketball. Somehow Calipari gets kids that know they're getting drafted to play motivated and win some games.

"Succeed and Proceed."

Lol. Uh, Ford is just doing his job. He COVERS draft prospects and does a weekly chat on ESPN about it. :crazy:

Do I care what his job is? No, I don't care what his job is. I don't give a who he is. It annoys me and that's the only reason I need to go off on him. When something pisses off JB, it pisses off me. ESPN can take a hike

Problem is that it's the rankings / ratings before the NBA combine that help drive these decisions (not saying it's the only thing that drives the decison)

March 5, 2014 Ford had Ennis at #8 and on April 22 he had Ennis at #11. In that time frame that's when he and his family had to decide if he should stay or go pro. In both mock drafts, there was no accounting for how Ennis would match up with his counterparts who were more athletic (Zach Levine as an example). In the same mock drafts, he had Grant at 16 and 20 respectively. Considering that on April 15th Grant and Ennis had to decide their intentions, the information a guy like Ford puts out there can influence to a degree the decision making and more importantly influence the family around the players into believing that their prodigy is going to hit the proverbial lottery
Ennis wanted to get paid he was never falling out of the first round.

Grant ALWAYS needed to prove he could shoot outside to get picked. We had Jake or some insider say that was a family financial decision. If Grant wanted to come back he could have Chad Ford's opinion is not why he left or he is a moron.

Lol. Uh, Ford is just doing his job. He COVERS draft prospects and does a weekly chat on ESPN about it. :crazy:

His real job is an associate professor at BYU-Hawaii. How much live basketball do you think he sees during the course of the season that involves the prospects he is ranking when he is teaching at BYU-Hawaii. At least Mel Kiper who does the same rankings for football does it full time and has been doing for decades. Keith Law who evaluates baseball prospects including draft eligible players worked in the Toronto Blue Jay organization. Maybe if he at some point in his career actually had to build a draft board for a NBA team then there might be more value in his insight than a guy who does this as his spare time gig.

https://davidomckaycenter.byuh.edu/about

I guess he learned his basketball talent analysis while getting his JD from Georgetown.

I just watched the presser after a multiple day vacation from all this.

The context was a tad odd, but that aside I agree with the guy 100%. ESPN doesn't have a team, but has an industry built around these projections. Reality is JB wants to win, gets paid to win, and is missing 2 kids that can help him win - as they are in the process of being massively overmatched at the next level.

I just watched the presser after a multiple day vacation from all this.

The context was a tad odd, but that aside I agree with the guy 100%. ESPN doesn't have a team, but has an industry built around these projections. Reality is JB wants to win, gets paid to win, and is missing 2 kids that can help him win - as they are in the process of being massively overmatched at the next level.
Coach K when asked about Okafor said he is a one and done kid.
He didn't rip Chad Ford for putting the kid in his two top. Duke loses kids after one year Coach K I am sure he is frustrated sometimes but he doesn't rip Chad Ford or ESPN he coaches his team.

JB is the best thing in he SU AD but his comments come off bad unless your an SU apologist. Chad Ford has no reason to say anything about McCollough unless his contacts are telling him he is impressive. How the hell are Grant and Ennis overmatched? Grant has been hurt until Saturday and Ennis wanted to get paid to play basketball. Playing for Syracuse this year DOES NOTHING for Ennis draft stock. Grant could have used Syracuse to work on his shot but if he comes back he has to play within JB's system not what he needs to work on and if he started shooting jumpers fans would be ripping him.

None of these players owe JB anything but doing their school work and maintaining eligibility. They aren't employers of Syracuse University. JB is not always right.

His real job is an associate professor at BYU-Hawaii. How much live basketball do you think he sees during the course of the season that involves the prospects he is ranking when he is teaching at BYU-Hawaii. At least Mel Kiper who does the same rankings for football does it full time and has been doing for decades. Keith Law who evaluates baseball prospects including draft eligible players worked in the Toronto Blue Jay organization. Maybe if he at some point in his career actually had to build a draft board for a NBA team then there might be more value in his insight than a guy who does this as his spare time gig.

https://davidomckaycenter.byuh.edu/about

I guess he learned his basketball talent analysis while getting his JD from Georgetown.

It doesn't matter. He is never at those schools. He tweets from locations of games almost daily and obviously is in the know.

Do I care what his job is? No, I don't care what his job is. I don't give a who he is. It annoys me and that's the only reason I need to go off on him. When something pisses off JB, it pisses off me. ESPN can take a hike

Lol. Look, Ford is on the panel during any NBA Draft televised combine. He isn't some schmuck making up nonsense. The Boeheim curmudgeon behavior at the podium just is a bad look plain and simple. As expressed by other posters; you don't see Coach K, Cal, or Pitino turn these questions into a story or some stupid little whiny tirade.

Coach K when asked about Okafor said he is a one and done kid.
He didn't rip Chad Ford for putting the kid in his two top. Duke loses kids after one year Coach K I am sure he is frustrated sometimes but he doesn't rip Chad Ford or ESPN he coaches his team.

JB is the best thing in he SU AD but his comments come off bad unless your an SU apologist. Chad Ford has no reason to say anything about McCollough unless his contacts are telling him he is impressive. How the hell are Grant and Ennis overmatched? Grant has been hurt until Saturday and Ennis wanted to get paid to play basketball. Playing for Syracuse this year DOES NOTHING for Ennis draft stock. Grant could have used Syracuse to work on his shot but if he comes back he has to play within JB's system not what he needs to work on and if he started shooting jumpers fans would be ripping him.

None of these players owe JB anything but doing their school work and maintaining eligibility. They aren't employers of Syracuse University. JB is not always right.

Okafor is in the Carmelo class, the kid is clearly a stud in any era. He's the exception.

Ennis is playing in D league and Grant is a second rounder for a team who is making no excuses for tanking seasons in a row.

Ennis would've gotten bigger, stronger, more aware, more mature - things that make a kid a better ballplayer.

Grant needed to develop. JB has developed plenty of forwards over time, he would've been the next one.

Just like politics, entertainment, etc, these media guys are used more often than not. I'll take Boeheim 1000x over 1000 verses some guy like Chad Forde.

Lol. Look, Ford is on the panel during any NBA Draft televised combine. He isn't some schmuck making up nonsense. The Boeheim curmudgeon behavior at the podium just is a bad look plain and simple. As expressed by other posters; you don't see Coach K, Cal, or Pitino turn these questions into a story or some stupid little whiny tirade.

So is Bill Simmons. Big deal.

K has kicked the crap out of journalists for 30 years.

Okafor is in the Carmelo class, the kid is clearly a stud in any era. He's the exception.

Ennis is playing in D league and Grant is a second rounder for a team who is making no excuses for tanking seasons in a row.

Ennis would've gotten bigger, stronger, more aware, more mature - things that make a kid a better ballplayer.

Grant needed to develop. JB has developed plenty of forwards over time, he would've been the next one.

Just like politics, entertainment, etc, these media guys are used more often than not. I'll take Boeheim 1000x over 1000 verses some guy like Chad Forde.

I don't believe Ennis would have improved his draft position.
Grant, probably, but who knows. I though CJ Fair would too, but he should've gone after the Final 4 year.

Also, you said MCW wasn't ready...so your opinion on these things should be taken for what it is.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/where-mcw-goes.52567/#post-651200

Alsacs said:
Ennis wanted to get paid he was never falling out of the first round. Grant ALWAYS needed to prove he could shoot outside to get picked. We had Jake or some insider say that was a family financial decision. If Grant wanted to come back he could have Chad Ford's opinion is not why he left or he is a moron.

Ennis was "this close" from falling all the way out of the first round. Could not have been drafted into a worse situation.

I don't believe Ennis would have improved his draft position.
Grant, probably, but who knows. I though CJ Fair would too, but he should've gone after the Final 4 year.

Also, you said MCW wasn't ready...so your opinion on these things should be taken for what it is.

http://syracusefan.com/threads/where-mcw-goes.52567/#post-651200

Good research...I didn't expect he could be the lead guard on the worst team ever. So guess you got me there.

Ennis, like every single freshman male alive, would've gotten bigger, stronger, etc as he stayed in school.

The best case people here seem to make for leaving early is to get paid before said player gets exposed. Not very inspiring.

Good research...I didn't expect he could be the lead guard on the worst team ever. So guess you got me there.

Ennis, like every single freshman male alive, would've gotten bigger, stronger, etc as he stayed in school.

The best case people here seem to make for leaving early is to get paid before said player gets exposed. Not very inspiring.

Yes. The lead guard on the worst team ever...and NBA ROY...and definitely getting a 2nd contract outside of serious injury. Are you still suggesting MCW made the wrong move?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom