Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Brycen Goodine Transferring to Providence

Lots of people seem to think Goodine was not a very good player. He is a very promising player that Jimmy just left on the bench so his son could play max minutes regardless of his sons shortcomings or game performance. The guards on the team not named Boeheim all could see there was no chance of getting minutes at the guard position for the next 2 years so they got the hell out of here. Jimmy cant change with the times to understand it's not 1992 anymore and you cant expect kids to just sit down shut up and wait their turn.
Nope. He wants to start and when given the opportunity early on he was outplayed by JG3. If Goodine played 10 more minutes a game he still would have transferred.

I don't think there is anything nefarious going on there either. He likely wanted to be closer to home, realized that during the year, and may have made that known to both JB and some of the staff at PC. Would actually explain JB not using him more.

Did he do visits at Providence prior to committing to SU?

That makes sense too. If this was known by the staff in advance then that is overall a good thing and good move. Either way it definitely appears this was foregone for a while just waiting till season end to pull the trigger quickly.

That makes sense too. If this was known by the staff in advance then that is overall a good thing and good move. Either way it definitely appears this was foregone for a while just waiting till season end to pull the trigger quickly.
Staff had no idea.

Staff didn’t think they were losing Goodine.
They were expecting him next year.

Nope. He wants to start and when given the opportunity early on he was outplayed by JG3. If Goodine played 10 more minutes a game he still would have transferred.

We have no idea if this is true or not.
Yet I’ve seen it frequently on this board.

You might be right, but this this just an opinion not a fact

It's almost like he's NOT afrtaid of competition...………...huh. Because I heard he was.

Yeah, Providence is going to offer more competition at that spot, not less.

Not really. It will be Duke, Reeves, Bynum, and a 3 star kid Alyn Breed, #228. Bynum was #374. Duke might not even be there in two years. The PG spot could be his, in 2021-2022, depending on Bynum. With Kadary, he was the 3rd or 4th guard here. At Providence, he’s the 3rd, or 4th guard, with a chance to move up, and even start, but will at least backup the 1, and/or 2 spot in his first year of eligibility

By 2022 here, he would be behind JG3, and Dior. With Kadary in the mix, and hopefully Westry. Never was going to be more than a backup for us. Unless he beat out the so-called one dimensional Buddy, which shouldn’t have been hard according to many. The writing was on the wall. He took the easy way out, and that’s fine. Be closer to home, in a system more friendly to his game. I don’t blame him.

We have no idea if this is true or not.
Yet I’ve seen it frequently on this board.

You might be right, but this this just an opinion not a fact
Right but unless you go with being closer to home it makes sense. He got beat out by another freshman. We had a glut of guards (at one point). Now we don't and he still wants to transfer. He thinks he is better than Joe or Buddy. He is not going to transfer somewhere if he is not starting.

Makes sense if they weren't one of the hottest programs in the country down the stretch and the senior guards were seniors. All their guards are a little bit like him.

With the extra year thing he could end up playing less as a result of this as he clearly has a role here and if Eli leaves minutes will open.

Im upset but its because I thought he was an ideal backup not a future star so thats the extent we are weakened. But that said he isn't big enough for the 3 (I'd play Buddy there 10/10 if both were on the court together) and can't handle PG duties.

Seemed like a great kid good luck Brycen!

My son who's a junior and just returned home a few days ago says it was common knowledge amongst his friend group (some of who play sports, some sports writer types) since DECEMBER that Goodine was a lock to transfer to Providence.

Last edited:
Good luck Brycen! Hope JB takes a good look in the mirror and see that the Orange ship has been sinking and changes are needed at the top. Current Orange model with the transfers has us following the path of STJ and GT and that is a precarious place to be.

Of course Jared Kushner should be leading the charge against the Coronavirus vía Facebook! Can't question it. President decided and what are you, you're not a President! The audacity of people nowadays!

That's kinda the purpose of a message board. It's not a direct portal to communicate with JB.
classic straw man fallacy

Good luck Brycen! Hope JB takes a good look in the mirror and see that the Orange ship has been sinking and changes are needed at the top. Current Orange model with the transfers has us following the path of STJ and GT and that is a precarious place to be.
Funny. People used to say that in the 80s.

Not saying I'm comfortable with only three guards but even so...

did you just randomly choose STJ and GT?

My son who's a junior and just returned home a few days ago says it was common knowledge amongst his friend group (some of who play sport, some sports writer types) since DECEMBER that Goodine was a lock to transfer to Providence.
Maybe that explains why he wasn't getting more playing time. Why spend game time developing a player who's headed to Providence?

Maybe that explains why he wasn't getting more playing time. Why spend game time developing a player who's headed to Providence?

I wondered that as much myself.

Yeah towards the end when he had his mask off he actually looked pretty good, decent ball handle But honestly I didn’t see to much of him shooting but He is the prototypical recruit That beoheim liked, lots of length for the top of the zone. We shall see what happens in providence

If our staff believes another team tampered they will file charges with the NCAA like they did with Seton Hall, Willard and Thompson.

Cooley is a class act. He didn’t likely tamper.

If our staff believes another team tampered they will file charges with the NCAA like they did with Seton Hall, Willard and Thompson.

Cooley is a class act. He didn’t likely tamper.
Cooley himself yr probably right...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teddy19

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom