Class of 2016 - C Cheickna Dembele (PA) to UNLV | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Cheickna Dembele (PA) to UNLV

I also didn't realize the staff is continuing to pursue Diagne with Red even going down there to see him and his Jr college coach saying he has an open offer from Syracuse. He'd come in as a junior in 2017 so I guess that would still work ok right? Coleman would be gone, we'd have a junior Chukwu, soph Dembele and Junior Diagne (but first year in the program) at that point.

It was inevitable that the staff was going to turn up the heat here.
I dunno, but I like what's happening here. We need Tee to post a funny image as this heats up ...

And note that the BIG MAN HIMSELF is visiting a recruit!!!

Last edited:
Good to see the offer coming from the hall of famer himself not just some assistant

I don't know much about this kid but bigs take the longest time to develop and he won't need to see action next season so he will have that time.

Exactly, his 1st year would be a sit and learn year and then ready to go in year 2

To me, why not even redshirt the kid if he's really a project? If worst comes to worst, we can always remove the redshirt, but is he even better than Chino right now?

Also, does this mean that we're not after Thompson anymore? Or rather we'll just take the first kid who commits, maybe it'll put a little pressure on them both.

Also, does this mean that we're not after Thompson anymore? Or rather we'll just take the first kid who commits, maybe it'll put a little pressure on them both.
Francis has commented on this up-thread ... if I remember correctly, saying that Thompson is stretching things out due to his mom possibly controlling the situation and perhaps moving away from SU. Also, I think Francis noted that Thompson's good but not a type of recruit that JB's going to hang out forever for and ignore other solid prospects (like this one).

Last edited:

We would have taken Thompson but he wants to play and we have Coleman, Chukwu, Lydon, Roberson, Moyer all ready in the fold for next years front court. Too crowded to be sure he'd get the minutes he wants plus it seems his recruitment has started to go the circus rout.

Good to see the offer coming from the hall of famer himself not just some assistant
I heard Ollie makes Hobbs hand out all ucon's offers

syracuse.com homepage has headline "Center commits to SU" but in reality it was just an offer. however, i was excited for a split second.
Saw the same thing. Confusing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom