Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

That's cruel.

Well, for your information the "toothbrush"was invented at WVU.

If it were invented anywhere else it would have been called a teethbrush.
I once had a client who was arrested for smuggling books into W Va. I was able to get the case thrown out on a technicality. No one could prove they were books.

23pts and 12rbs for Bryant in Huntington Prep season opener. The poor kids trying to defend him inside never stood a chance.

that was far more impressive then anything i saw from him last season.

and he's only a Junior, just wow.

gotta have him

that was far more impressive then anything i saw from him last season.

and he's only a Junior, just wow.

gotta have him

Well if that is the "better competition" TB is pumping then he needs a reality check. The Robert 'Tractor' Traylor impersonator wasn't much of a challenge. My question is why is TB in the game up 77-44. I swear the scoreboard flashed that on one of his highlights. I still worry about UNC. If they make a serious push for him I can see it being a difficult sell if he indeed doesn't mind being away from home through this prep experience.

Well if that is the "better competition" TB is pumping then he needs a reality check. The Robert 'Tractor' Traylor impersonator wasn't much of a challenge. My question is why is TB in the game up 77-44. I swear the scoreboard flashed that on one of his highlights. I still worry about UNC. If they make a serious push for him I can see it being a difficult sell if he indeed doesn't mind being away from home through this prep experience.

Think this was an early season warm-up game. He plays at Huntington Prep - Andrew Wiggins played their last season. Any video on Bryant at this point is good video (lack of it last season).

Think this was an early season warm-up game. He plays at Huntington Prep - Andrew Wiggins played their last season. Any video on Bryant at this point is good video (lack of it last season).

I am well aware of where he is and who was there but the better competition angle I don't agree with 100%. BK played some really good teams last year as evident by BK's 17-7 record that wound up winning a NYSPHSAA Large School Championship. Fact of the matter is TB was going big time no matter where he went to school. As a Cuse fan I fear he is trying to get away from Rochester so he doesn't feel like he has to choose the Orange for his next destination. Just my $.02

I am well aware of where he is and who was there but the better competition angle I don't agree with 100%. BK played some really good teams last year as evident by BK's 17-7 record that wound up winning a NYSPHSAA Large School Championship. Fact of the matter is TB was going big time no matter where he went to school. As a Cuse fan I fear he is trying to get away from Rochester so he doesn't feel like he has to choose the Orange for his next destination. Just my $.02
debbie-downer.jpg

I wouldn't read into him going to Huntington prep. Maybe after some time in West Virginia he'll realize he misses upstate NY and that will push him towards committing to SU. You can look at a kids decisions in a ton of different ways to suit whichever way you feel.

Stumpy, I am not surprised he made this choice and frankly I was expecting it. Kearney doesn't play the kind of schedule that he will see at Huntington Prep. Local schools that Kearney plays will be no competition for this kid and outside of some tournaments and weekend travel games don't think he will be pushed. Also, in looking at that video MUCH better competition within his team. Just watching the video, don't think he'll have match ups like this in practice. I think it is a good move on his part if he wants to continue to take his game to another level. Who knows if it will benefit Syracuse. Remember, a player like Bryant has to be looking beyond college and what he can do now to maximize his potential over the next couple seasons.

The move to these kinds of programs is similar to what I see in other sports like tennis and hockey, where top high school athletes are choosing competitive programs that will maximize their potential. In Rochester, a number of top high school soccer players are no longer playing for high school teams, electing to play with elite USA soccer programs.

23pts and 12rbs for Bryant in Huntington Prep season opener. The poor kids trying to defend him inside never stood a chance.

He really filled out over the summer. He played exclusively inside in that clip. He was much more of a perimeter player when he had Chino Obokoh alongside him last year. He looks like an Andre Blatche type of player to me. He's already better inside than Coleman, in terms of not simply bowling people over to score inside. He could be our best offensive big man in a few years.

Question on Bryant. How will he fit in with Lydon, can they co-exist as forwards on both ends of the court? That would be a huge back line of the zone paired with someone like Chino at Center. What about on offense, would Bryant and Lydon's games compliment each other?

Imagine the other team's 3 man trying to guard either of these 2?!

Question on Bryant. How will he fit in with Lydon, can they co-exist as forwards on both ends of the court? That would be a huge back line of the zone paired with someone like Chino at Center. What about on offense, would Bryant and Lydon's games compliment each other?

They can IMO. Both can actually shoot out to 3 although Tyler will be the 3 and Bryant the 4 on offense WHEN they play together at SU. :D

Last edited:

They will have no problems co-existing. Bryant measured in at 225lbs over the summer and should be around 240 by the time he hits college. He also has looked to be settled in as an inside force, while Lydon will be more of a stretch forward that the guys inside can kick the ball out to when the defenses collapse.

They will have no problems co-existing. Bryant measured in at 225lbs over the summer and should be around 240 by the time he hits college. He also has looked to be settled in as an inside force, while Lydon will be more of a stretch forward that the guys inside can kick the ball out to when the defenses collapse.
Is there any chance you could see him playing some time at the 5? Similar to Christmas and Rick, or is he strictly being recruited as a wing at the 4?

Is there any chance you could see him playing some time at the 5? Similar to Christmas and Rick, or is he strictly being recruited as a wing at the 4?
Good question. When I watched him at Kearney last year I always viewed him as a 4. Now he has started to fill out and should get even stronger over the next few years. I think it would be wise to see what a player could do in the middle who will most likely be 6'10, 240, with a 7'5 wingspan.

Good question. When I watched him at Kearney last year I always viewed him as a 4. Now he has started to fill out and should get even stronger over the next few years. I think it would be wise to see what a player could do in the middle who will most likely be 6'10, 240, with a 7'5 wingspan.
That's exactly what I was thinking when you mentioned that he is filling out now, with this being the very beginning of his junior season. Thank you for your insight.

This is a guy who could turn into a legitimate NBA 4 prospect for us down the road. He has the size to defend the position at the next level, and he has the outside touch and handle that players like Rick Jackson or Rakeem Christmas could only dream about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom