Class of 2023 - C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23) | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23)

That is just unbelievable. Most embarrassing and inappropriate tweet from a journalist I’ve ever seen in my entire life. And the media wonders why it has a bad reputation these days. You can’t paint them all with one brush, but the outliers are becoming more and more prolific.
Newhouse... Some good people went there but they always end getting jobs doing something else

Last edited:
I love clown, it’s been a go to for years, the best thread title in the history of this site has clown in it (off topic). Giggle every time I see it.

Trash bag is one I love to use as well.

Clown question.jpg

And so few of them work out.
It's normal for a lot of teams. "There is no shame being that awkward 7 footer from Lithuania waving his towel around".

I can't find anything on Patterson as far as stats/info from HS or AAU? Can anyone link some info? I can't even find him on his HS roster lol

Just start Patterson and have Hima, Carey and Brown play the 5 when necessary. He's at least as good as Clingan.
You just gave me a good laugh. Patterson has the Potential...but he needs serious coaching.

At least as good as Clingan?
IMO. Probably more athletic. Patterson isn't some Euro or African guy that hasn't played much basketball against real competition. If Red goes with him, I'm onboard.

Give him the start with the quick hook, that can accelerate development.
I respectfully disagree. I don't believe Patterson even started for his high school, I may be wrong. I just don't think he is an immediate impact player.

I don't mind this signing. His highlights show that he at least knows what he's doing, which is way better
than some of the stiffs this program has signed to be a PF/C. My only real concern is, the staff hasn't
really shown much ability to take anyone in the 6'9+ 200/210ish range and by the time he leaves, have
him up to 225 or 230. I go back as far as Wendell Alexis and wished he could've added more than a
Snickers bar, and the S&C guys haven't succeeded much since then, aside from a limited few. They get him
substantially heavier, and it's good, else he's just going to get beaten up in the post.

Kev

Last edited:
I don't mind this signing. His highlights show that he at least knows what he's doing, which is way better
than some of the stiffs this program has signed to be a PF/C. My only real concern is, the staff hasn't
really shown much ability to take anyone in the 6'9+ 200/210ish range and by the time he leaves, have
him up to 225 or 230. I go back as far as Wendell Alexis and wished he could've added more than a
Snickers bar, and the S&C guys haven't succeeded much since then, aside from a limited few. They get him
substantially heavier, and it's good, else he's just going to get beaten up in the post.

Kev

Yeah, when I try to think of Cuse bigs who came in kinda skinny, and put on legit muscle/weight over their Cuse careers, I can really only think of:

DC, and Rak.

Both of those dudes put on 20+ lbs of solid muscle.

I mean, I'm sure there've been others, but those are the only 2 that I can come up with offhand.

Etan came in pretty solid. So did Rony.
Same with Otis Hill.
Fab, RickJack, AO, DaJuan, etc. were all horses when they arrived.

Yeah, when I try to think of Cuse bigs who came in kinda skinny, and put on legit muscle/weight over their Cuse careers, I can really only think of:

DC, and Rak.

Both of those dudes put on 20+ lbs of solid muscle.

I mean, I'm sure there've been others, but those are the only 2 that I can come up with offhand.

Etan came in pretty solid. So did Rony.
Same with Otis Hill.
Fab, RickJack, AO, DaJuan, etc. were all horses when they arrived.

I feel like this discussion is all relative. A lot of skinny bigs that come in just aren’t genetically predisposed to put on muscle. They aren’t going to go from scrawny beanpoles to a ripped Adonis. A guy like Jesse clearly put on solid muscle from his freshman to senior years, but it’s a lot more subtle than what people might have in their heads.

1681405272704.jpeg

1681405345817.jpeg

Just start Patterson and have Hima, Carey and Brown play the 5 when necessary. He's at least as good as Clingan.
There you are playing your games again blowing a player up unrealisitically so others will look like they are trashing him by being more realisitic. I've caught you doing that before. Don't you have anything better to do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom